The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on September 05, 2005, 03:43:28 pm

Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: V-Adore on September 05, 2005, 03:43:28 pm
I'm not sure if these are actually the first blog updates of the month, but I see no thread, so here goes.

Beef's... eh. Maybe funny setup, not that funny as itself. Ray's is gold, though, especially his "wine critique while high" bit. Chris's I'm never sure how to analyze anymore, really, so I'll leave it at "Chris's blog updated."
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: mudokon on September 05, 2005, 11:38:23 pm
Ray's last update was kind of funny for me, because I thought that Philippe had written it until I read the second sentence. I like Siccio.
Title: nosotros blogamos
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 06, 2005, 12:22:15 am
Pat strikes me as the kind of guy so choked up by authority that he exercises little-used rules daily just to be a dick (citizen's arrests, et al). I can't see him throwing a rock through a window since that's an outright risk.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: CortJstr on September 06, 2005, 03:00:34 am
How can you hate something as vitally important as sunglasses?
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: cellardoor on September 06, 2005, 02:31:26 pm
I bet Ray's a nightmare smoking partner.
You'd be tempted in by the jays rolled with Swiss precision, high calibre munchies and awesome entertainment system.
Things would fall apart if you tried to play some cds you brought along, cook some food yourself and/or attempt any sort of free-form stoned activity that Ray hadn't set-up.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: ndpatel on September 10, 2005, 08:21:55 am
"stick a buck in the levee," huh, beef?

i guess don't have TVs in nicaragua.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Golfhaus on September 10, 2005, 12:54:17 pm
Did Molly and Nice Pete forget how to use a computer?
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: CortJstr on September 10, 2005, 03:07:51 pm
Even Philippe can tell that nobody ever laughs in Pat's house. But I'm glad that somebody called him on the treasure chest. That's just not classy.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: antioch on September 11, 2005, 07:57:08 am
Siccio's drawings make the barber trial arc. Friggin Siccio! He's in a better place now. What can be said about this guy? We hardly got a glimpse. I would love for T-man and Nx2 to perform the murder act on him.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 12, 2005, 01:42:19 pm
I really wish the "Lyle's piss" blog thread would go away.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: acoxcae on September 12, 2005, 04:17:06 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I really wish the "Lyle's piss" blog thread would go away.


Really?  I just assumed that after the baby had stopped being a baby (6 months and counting) that the "Current Baby Status" panel would change to being the "Lyle's Piss Status" panel.

But on the other hand, yes, hearing about the varying consistencies of Lyle's piss is particularly disgusting, especially since I tend to read this board right when I get to work, before even a cup of coffee has been had.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Lister on September 17, 2005, 09:05:05 am
Teodor's blog is not one you want to read when it is 2 AM and you are hungry.  I want to make fresh pizza so bad right now.  Those recipes sound like the best things ever.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: CortJstr on September 20, 2005, 01:45:49 pm
I know I'd be creeped out by a 100 year-old Mr. Bear dancing on my grave.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Golfhaus on September 20, 2005, 05:23:16 pm
An old buddy of mine use to do this sort of thing on his website, where he'd take a spam mail or website thing and respond to it as if it were a letter from someone he knew, and he'd get all indignant on it. Mr. Bear has done the same sort of thing, only about fifty (50) times better.

"Things arise" enters the lexicon now.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: V-Adore on September 20, 2005, 05:47:51 pm
I still prefer Lore taking on the 100-question purity test, (http://www.brunching.com/parodytest.html) but Mr. Bear's is also excellent. I rather like how he shows all sorts of signs of having a gambling problem, but somehow in context they seem totally appropriate.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Golfhaus on September 20, 2005, 06:52:19 pm
Also amusing to me is the seventy-five instances where he could follow up a statement with "Duh!" but doesn't. Because he's Mr. Bear. And Mr. Bear has class.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Max on September 20, 2005, 09:49:18 pm
Quote
52. had sexual intercourse during menstruation?
    Either that or I've had sexual intercourse on a plate of salsa. I'm not sure which.


Filth
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2005, 04:32:34 pm
Man I'd hate to be Nice Pete's publisher. The leftover pieces of him, I mean.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: ferocious j on September 23, 2005, 07:15:11 pm
Quote from: "Molly"
It's like working QA on the line at a bagel company but all the bagels going past you are shaped like hammers and sickles and you're not sure if you should say anything or just let the machines do their work.

Now I wish more than anything for someone to open a COMMIE BAGEL FACTORY somewhere in my town.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: pmcd9 on September 23, 2005, 08:06:25 pm
I'm sure the place Onstad seeks doesn't exist anywhere, but even if it did he wouldn't like it any better than the place he resides currently.

Can he seriously be as big of an asshole as he seems in his blog?

~Paul
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Mantonio on September 23, 2005, 10:52:25 pm
Uh-oh. Looks like Philippe is about to get traumatised. Again.

Philippe: Hey Teodor, do baby birds sleep with their feet sticking straight out?*

T: No.

Philippe: <hands over mouth> Nooooo!

*When my sister and I were kids, we found a baby bird in the alley once and decided to nurse it back to health. One day, it died. Its feet stuck out and everything. My sister actually asked that question. Now, it's been immortalized in Achewood fanfic.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Mantonio on September 30, 2005, 11:43:55 am
What is going wrong in Achewood's public school system so that Philippe thinks turkey is an acceptable meal for a bird. He's raising his son to be a cannibal!
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Null on September 30, 2005, 12:17:43 pm
What in heck are hermaphrodite peas?  I mean, I know what the two words mean, is there such a thing in reality that is made of both?

Also, "best-stitute."   Yikes.

Pat is the sorest, tightest sphincter in the known universe.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2005, 01:17:03 pm
Does any body else have people at their place of work who bring their lunch from Whole Foods/Trader Joe's and feel the need to mention this "subtly" as often as possible? It's just a place to buy groceries, you're not impressing anybody.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: misterqueue on September 30, 2005, 01:22:25 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does any body else have people at their place of work who bring their lunch from Whole Foods/Trader Joe's and feel the need to mention this "subtly" as often as possible? It's just a place to buy groceries, you're not impressing anybody.


Okay Okay.. I brought in lunch made from stuff bought at Trader Joe's today!  I'm not all proud of it or suchlike!   Please do not be prosecuting the man with the organic cheese and mayo-like soy sandwich (all on some such as 25-grain chaff enabled bread and a sprig of non-pesticide rosemary).

Actually, I lie it's really a bucket of KFC with dippin' gravy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12162003)
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: robot_god on September 30, 2005, 03:29:54 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "CortJstr"


Actually, I lie it's really a bucket of KFC with dippin' gravy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12162003)


Last time I ate KFC, I gained six pounds in one day. =(
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: jough on September 30, 2005, 03:38:05 pm
Yeah, I don't think you're supposed to eat six pounds of KFC.  And you'd have to consume that much food to gain that much weight.  At least.  You don't acquire mass from nowhere.  It's like, a LAW or something.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: side_show on October 01, 2005, 04:57:56 am
Oh my god, Phillipe is going to kill a baby bird.  Nooooooooooo!
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Mantonio on October 01, 2005, 03:41:43 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Oh my god, Phillipe is going to kill a baby bird.  Nooooooooooo!


I'm surprised Lyle hasn't killed it already with a lawnmower or something.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: V-Adore on October 01, 2005, 04:52:40 pm
Pat's incoherent rage at Trader Joe's = 100% win.

Also, is anyone else confused about what Onstad did with the postcards? Because I kind of don't get it. What am I missing?
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Suckin_Dick on October 01, 2005, 09:38:12 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Actually, I lie it's really a bucket of KFC with dippin' gravy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12162003)


little did i know that today would be the day i would finally click on the words "dippin gravy"  thank you kind sir, for making this poor boy's heart fill with joy.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Lister on October 02, 2005, 01:22:18 am
Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
thank you kind sir, for making this poor boy's heart fill with joy.


I think that's high-density lipoproteins filling your heart, actually...

And I kind of thought Chris was one of those computer people he says he hates so much.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: misterqueue on October 02, 2005, 02:04:15 pm
Quote from: "Lister"
Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
thank you kind sir, for making this poor boy's heart fill with joy.


I think that's high-density lipoproteins filling your heart, actually...

And I kind of thought Chris was one of those computer people he says he hates so much.


Oh I'm pretty sure he is, but railing against them makes it deliciously 21st century Ironicist (and yes I just made that term up.)

And you're welcome suckin dick...   wow.. those are words I never really expected to string together...  (again)
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: CortJstr on October 02, 2005, 03:30:34 pm
So Ray's post about how he wasn't going to talk about his ding-dong turned into a post about how people won't talk about ding-dongs. Only Ray.

Nice of Beef to remember his anniversary and with such a thoughtful gift.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 02, 2005, 09:06:18 pm
Is it for <his> anniversary?

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, is anyone else confused about what Onstad did with the postcards? Because I kind of don't get it. What am I missing?


Did he actually post his address? I assumed he was being fictional.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: acoxcae on October 02, 2005, 09:11:26 pm
He has a publicly-available P.O. Box, I assume if any postcards were actually sent, they were directed there.

However, I didn't send any.  Did any of you?
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 03, 2005, 12:05:12 pm
Quote from: "acoxcae"
He has a publicly-available P.O. Box, I assume if any postcards were actually sent, they were directed there.

However, I didn't send any.  Did any of you?


I sent a quart of cat feces with a card embossed with "WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE" in chicken blood.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Mantonio on October 03, 2005, 01:10:13 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "acoxcae"
He has a publicly-available P.O. Box, I assume if any postcards were actually sent, they were directed there.

However, I didn't send any.  Did any of you?


I sent a quart of cat feces with a card embossed with "WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE" in chicken blood.


It took a while, but someone finally won this thread. Congratulations, Bobby.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 03, 2005, 01:18:05 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "acoxcae"
He has a publicly-available P.O. Box, I assume if any postcards were actually sent, they were directed there.

However, I didn't send any.  Did any of you?


I sent a quart of cat feces with a card embossed with "WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE" in chicken blood.


It took a while, but someone finally won this thread. Congratulations, Bobby.


I think the real thread winner will be the person who asks me whether that's dry or liquid measure.
Title: September 2005 Blogapalooza
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 03, 2005, 05:52:07 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "acoxcae"
He has a publicly-available P.O. Box, I assume if any postcards were actually sent, they were directed there.

However, I didn't send any.  Did any of you?


I sent a quart of cat feces with a card embossed with "WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE" in chicken blood.


It took a while, but someone finally won this thread. Congratulations, Bobby.


I think the real thread winner will be the person who asks me whether that's dry or liquid measure.


My cat is 16 yo - I have to combine dry and liquid measure.