The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: doomglobe on September 07, 2005, 02:48:57 am
-
So today I went out with some coworkers, and they are pretty cool guys with pretty imaginative minds, but somehow we all wound up talking about airplane flights for 2.5 hours. AIRPLANE FLIGHTS ARE SO BORING.
-
And what does that have to do with Slow-Roasted Ancho-Raisin Chutney? I'm extending your lifestyle brand.
-
So today I went out with some coworkers, and they are pretty cool guys with pretty imaginative minds, but somehow we all wound up talking about airplane flights for 2.5 hours. AIRPLANE FLIGHTS ARE SO BORING.
Only boring guys could talk about a boring topic for 2.5 hours. I mean really.
It takes five hours just to get to the nearest (not Hawaiian) land from here which is the west coast of the US.
-
The only time I got a little scared on a flight was returning from San Juan. We hit some turbulance about 90 miles from landfall, and I remember thinking, "It's December. We are approaching Philadelphia. We're still way the hell out there. If we go down, there is no way in hell we're getting rescued."
Then I asked for another screwdriver.
-
Airplane flight is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.
I mean, think about it. Airplane flight involves being conveyed through the air at great height by an unimaginably complex (and significantly heavier than air) machine capable of moving dozens of people through the air at great speeds. This is a miracle. It is fuck*ng incredible that we, as a species, have done this. It is even more incredible that at this point this totally unlikely, complicated device is now considered generally commonplace in developed countries, even boring. Air travel is a testament to just how far our species has come and what magical times we live in.
Also, you can look out the window.
-
Airplane flight is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.
Unless your dad is an recreational pilot so growing up you flew almost every Sunday. Then airplane flight is really boring and reminds you of missing cartoons that, at the time, were vitally important to your very survival.
-
Airplane flight is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.
Unless your dad is an recreational pilot so growing up you flew almost every Sunday. Then airplane flight is really boring and reminds you of missing cartoons that, at the time, were vitally important to your very survival.
Well, I didn't mean to imply that you had to find the act scintillating all the time. I mean, I have been on boring and unpleasant airplane flights, and often I sleep. I just mean airplane travel as a general topic is interesting, is all.
-
I think this is more interesting (with apologies)
Peristalsis is incredibly interesting, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a Communist traitor.
I mean, think about it. Peristalsis involves being conveyed through the colon at low speed by an unimaginably complex (and significantly heavier than air) muscled tube capable of moving dozens of particles through the colon at slow, steady speeds. This is a miracle. It is fuck*ng incredible that we, as a species, have done this. It is even more incredible that at this point this totally unlikely, complicated process is now considered generally commonplace in developed countries, even boring. Peristalsis is a testament to just how far our species has come and what magical times we live in.
Also, you can read a magazine.
PS air travel is boring unless you focus in the physics of air travel. Then it's just plain terrifying.
-
Peristalsis is also interesting. The world is truly full of magic.
Dick.
-
Indeed.
Backatcha. Genitalia.
-
oh SNAP
-
That made me laugh out loud.
Once I went through the 3 steps it takes for me to read something that small.
-
Air flight is fascinating, air travel is tedius and hella [hell of?] boring.
~Paul
-
cockknocker freedom hating mods
Interesting how that's funny in this context (and coming from you)
I guess you just had to be there.
Made you click! Asswipe.
-
Poop is more interesting than airplane flights. Augustwest you moved my MOJO. On topic is also boring. just like airplane flights. EVERY ONE OF THESE TOPICS IS SO BORING.
-
also I went out with the same two dudes again tonight and we did not talk about airplane flights much at all. It was much more of a cool evening.