The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on September 19, 2005, 09:20:55 am

Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: cellardoor on September 19, 2005, 09:20:55 am
I feel bad for starting the topic as I have nothing to say about this strip.
Well, nothing nice anyway.
Problem with being surreal is that you're forever standing on the edge of lapsing into self-parody.
Oh, look how weird this strip is. Ha...ha?
I just want Ray to say "hella" or for Beef to be unhappy.
Sigh.

Edit: Actually, that second panel is kinda lush. There you go, it's not all bad.
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: starlight on September 19, 2005, 10:21:51 am
Yeah.. I, too, enjoyed looking at panel 2
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: mudokon on September 19, 2005, 10:40:29 am
What's going on in this strip?
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: MattFish on September 19, 2005, 10:43:11 am
Yeah, panel 2 rocks. Transcendant wine was never better realized in art form.

This arc is getting sadder and sadder for me. Cartilage Head is so nice and yet SO CREEPY so he gets no recognition for being the former. Poor Ray. Poor CH. Poor everybody. Dammit.
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: stringph on September 19, 2005, 11:16:40 am
Coffee, Strawberries, Banana, Grape, Cinnamon.

German red wine? It's conceivable, but only just.

~~~T~~~
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: misterqueue on September 19, 2005, 12:15:49 pm
Two things:

I love the look on Ray's face when an unseen hand "KLANK"s the food down in front of him.

I also love the fact that CH plays an instrument very analagous to himself (in both tone and appearance nonetheless, now THAT is a class act).

The only thing I'm wondering, is why after a cornucopia, so to speak, appears in panel 2, does the vino go all kinds of clear on dang ol' Ray?
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: CortJstr on September 19, 2005, 12:53:19 pm
So was the click the door being locked or just the server leaving the room?
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 19, 2005, 01:49:56 pm
Did I hallucinate last week someone saying CH should play the singing saw?  I swear I saw that somewhere but now I can't find it AND IT'S TRUE.
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: V-Adore on September 19, 2005, 03:16:29 pm
See, I interpreted this as CH's singing saw playing somehow making the food materialize, much like he previously dispensed wine. Even if it is just an unseen server, it's transcendently creepy.

I love this arc more than I can properly convey in words.
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 19, 2005, 06:00:34 pm
I took the click as the door locking. Ray kind of looks startled.

Ray's weeping again.
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: V-Adore on September 19, 2005, 06:13:17 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I took the click as the door locking. Ray kind of looks startled.

Ray's weeping again.

Ray weeping is sort of creepy because, as far as I know, we've never seen Ray cry for any genuine reason before -- typically it's because of blatantly (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004) supernatural (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162005) causes, and while CH is pretty supernatural himself, I don't think he's exactly forcing Ray to cry. It's interesting to watch Ray really, truly have an unnerved reaction to something.
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: slink on September 19, 2005, 07:54:51 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
typically it's because of blatantly (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004) supernatural (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162005) causes


You missed out the best one.
(I'd CJ it but it would take me hours!)

A bloo blah bloo bloo blah...
Title: Asian Lamb - 19th September 2005
Post by: V-Adore on September 19, 2005, 08:08:33 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
typically it's because of blatantly (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004) supernatural (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162005) causes


You missed out the best one.
(I'd CJ it but it would take me hours!)

A bloo blah bloo bloo blah...

If you mean this one, (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004) it was my first link. Or was there another A BLOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOO strip that I'm forgetting now?