The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on September 21, 2005, 05:20:43 pm

Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: jough on September 21, 2005, 05:20:43 pm
Hey kids,

We're going to be moving TOUAMB from:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com

to

http://achewood.saddestthing.com/forums/

sometime on Thursday, 23 September 2005.

I figured we should consolidate all of the Achewood stuff onto TheSaddestThing.com as I'm about 75% done with the tagging project as well.

In the meantime, you can marvel at the Achewiki, already at TST:

http://achewood.saddestthing.com/wiki/

-- Jough
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: slink on September 21, 2005, 05:27:11 pm
Cripes... Now that I'm going to have to get used to!
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: acoxcae on September 21, 2005, 05:30:21 pm
And just when I'd perfected my muscle memory to be able to type "achewood.plagiarist.com" in under one second.

NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

Nevermind, you'll probably just suggest that I use bookmarks like a normal person.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: slink on September 21, 2005, 06:48:25 pm
Quote from: "acoxcae"

Nevermind, you'll probably just suggest that I use bookmarks like a normal person.


Exactly my sentiments you see. But I never get round to being organised about my bookmarks and thus it's a really bad way of dealing with it.
Often I just wheel through my list of recently visited pages in the address bar for it...
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: jough on September 21, 2005, 07:24:27 pm
Also, there will be a permanent redirect for those who forget or have linked to the site from outside.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: CortJstr on September 21, 2005, 07:39:15 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "acoxcae"

Nevermind, you'll probably just suggest that I use bookmarks like a normal person.

Exactly my sentiments you see. But I never get round to being organised about my bookmarks and thus it's a really bad way of dealing with it.
Often I just wheel through my list of recently visited pages in the address bar for it...

I have a set of bookmarks that opens automatically once a day with Firefox but beyond that I too tend to fall into the address bar autocomplete trap.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: Plasmatypus on September 22, 2005, 02:44:00 am
I've been lurking for some time now.  Was it wrong to register and get in a first post just to be able to look down at those who joined "post-move"?  Probably.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: miles on September 22, 2005, 04:11:20 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I have a set of bookmarks that opens automatically once a day with Firefox but beyond that I too tend to fall into the address bar autocomplete trap.


Whoa, computers can do this now?  Godamn.  I need to get me Firefox.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2005, 01:04:25 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I have a set of bookmarks that opens automatically once a day with Firefox but beyond that I too tend to fall into the address bar autocomplete trap.

Whoa, computers can do this now?  Godamn.  I need to get me Firefox.

I think this might be a feature of the Tabbrowser Extension. You can tell it open a certain set of tabs every time you open Firefox or there's a checkbox to have it only open them the first time you open Firefox each day. Which is cool if you have a set of pages that you go to every single morning.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: jough on September 22, 2005, 05:12:31 pm
Just a reminder that sometime tonight (between 6PM and 10PM EST) I'll be switching over to the new server.

The board should only be down for about ten minutes.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: pmcd9 on September 22, 2005, 11:46:35 pm
I have to bookmark this site because I can't spell plagarist.

~Paul
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2005, 12:02:11 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I can't spell plagarist.

::rim shot!::
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: AugustWest on September 23, 2005, 12:47:20 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I have to bookmark this site because I can't spell plagarist.

~Paul


Just copy off somebody.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: jough on September 23, 2005, 01:56:55 am
Well, I got busy today, but I'll take care of this... soon.
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: Null on October 04, 2005, 10:25:45 pm
It still says "plagiarist" in the browser window.

Oh my God...that means I'm still strapped to the chair in Rekall!
Title: We're Moving on Thursday.
Post by: jough on October 05, 2005, 05:44:34 am
Actually, the database is over at the new site. Just the HTML stuff is still on Plagiarist.com.

One of these days I'll get around to switching, and no one will be the wiser unless they happen to glance up at their address bar.