The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on August 26, 2003, 04:14:28 pm

Title: Ray's Place (08-26-03)
Post by: Asherdan on August 26, 2003, 04:14:28 pm
Column (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=08262003&allnav=1).

(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: CortJstr on August 26, 2003, 04:22:44 pm
ICP! Ha!
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: sjlimmer on August 26, 2003, 05:30:47 pm
For some reason, it was the picture of Ray that really made me laugh.  I clicked on that link expecting to see a photo of an actual American Curl (like the one that was posted on the old Dumbrella board at one point).  Getting Ray's drivers license picture instead was wonderful...

But, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: AugustWest on August 26, 2003, 05:41:40 pm
Loved the kick the cat advice.  Assholes only respect other assholes.   Hmmmm, thought provoking.

Also, did anybody think the Scottish Fold's accent sounded like Homestar Runner's?
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: slink on August 26, 2003, 06:39:51 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Loved the kick the cat advice.  Assholes only respect other assholes.   Hmmmm, thought provoking.

Also, did anybody think the Scottish Fold's accent sounded like Homestar Runner's?


I did love the kick the cat. Coming from a cat it was perfect.
And I hadn't attached the accent to anything, but now you mention! It even kind of looks like the cat version of Homsar; all, earless and retarded looking!
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: jough on August 26, 2003, 06:51:48 pm
Quote from: "Ray"

There is no style of language that is further from emotional honesty than the language which is used in government documents.


Well said.

Pretty good column this week, despite Ray's being back in 1882.

I'm also wondering how Chris would know this, but okay, I'll assume Ray or Philippe left a note or something.
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: V-Adore on August 26, 2003, 07:21:54 pm
Man, I hadn't even clicked on the link to Ray's driver's license photo. Shows me.

That said, another week of really solid advice. The ongoing saga of the celibate guy is really sort of sad; Ray's right on in the sadness and insincerity of the guy's voice when he talks about it. "Perfectly willing to live this way," indeed.
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: pmcd9 on August 27, 2003, 02:09:27 am
I hope everyone is keeping Peter L. Tauss in their prayers.

~Paul
Title: Ray's Place of August 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on August 28, 2003, 07:18:53 am
I'm pretty sure the celibate guy is WraithTDK.