The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: antioch on September 23, 2005, 07:09:59 am

Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: antioch on September 23, 2005, 07:09:59 am
I am wondering how the Houston/SE Texas board members are dealing with Hurricane Rita in terms of evacuation and hatch-battening. My family and I are staying at our house in the Woodlands (traffic is so bad to escape). I don't really expect it to be very dangerous here. It's been confusing and scary, but for sure stimulating. I wanted to get the thoughts of you peoples about this summer's most unexpected holiday jam. That is, Hurricanes.
Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: Golfhaus on September 23, 2005, 05:55:25 pm
My main thought is: I hope the terrorists aren't watching. Because what they're learning is that when something big happens to us, we turn into savages.
Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: pmcd9 on September 23, 2005, 07:17:13 pm
I've seen very little savagery around here, mostly cooperation and goodwill.  The people are frustrated because the government has it's head up it's ass once again, but it's not lord of the flies time just yet.

~Paul
Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: pmcd9 on September 23, 2005, 07:19:46 pm
Actually, I think what the terrorist are learning is that when something big happens our government is incompetent.

~Paul
Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 23, 2005, 08:24:59 pm
If terrorists wanted to really fuck up the nation's capital, they'd just blow up the Wilson Bridge during the morning rush hour.   Wouldn't be that hard, either--that thing would probably crumble into the Potomac with a few well-placed M-80s.
Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: wombat on September 23, 2005, 09:02:14 pm
You notice they keep telling us that in the DC area, the likely events would require sheltering in place instead of evacuating?  I can't help feeling that this is just a obvious rationalization of the fact that our roads are even less capable of handling than the load than what's happening in Texas. Because frankly I can't quite see why I'd want to sit at home absorbing the bomb radiation instead of running away from it, if I really had a choice.
Title: Gulf Forecast: sunny with chance of INCREDIBLE DEATH
Post by: Choop on September 24, 2005, 05:09:26 am
Warning: meta.

Ash, DUDE. You can't say "I've" followed by "gots." You can say "I gots" or "I've got." Are you trying to look like a poser? You do. Trust me. I live in the ghetto.




If you're trying to look like a poseur, then by all means disregard me.