The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2005, 02:09:27 am

Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2005, 02:09:27 am
Are you Watching this?  Awesome.

~Paul
Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: jough on September 28, 2005, 04:33:35 am
Yeah, it was actually two parts, two hours last night, and then another hour and a half tonight (plus a half an hour discussion between Charlie Rose and Martin Scorsese after) and it is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.  I don't use the word "Inspiring" very often, but damn if this wasn't inspiring.  

Oh, and this one's called "No Direction Home" - Don't Look Back was the old document of his 1966 U.K. tour (and it's on DVD and also very much worth seeing).

Anyway, great stuff.  It'll be on PBS all week at various times.
Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: miles on September 28, 2005, 05:59:30 am
I'm holding out for the DVD.  It's out, I'm just broke.
Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2005, 11:15:50 pm
Oops, uuhh, that was a typo, yeah that's the ticket.

~Paul
Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: andalucia on September 28, 2005, 11:36:25 pm
No apostrophe! (http://imdb.com/title/tt0061589/)
Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: slink on September 30, 2005, 06:59:37 pm
I want to track this down. It was on over here at like, the same time. Which is a nice touch from the Beeb. But I was at a friends house when the first was on so I'll have to try and find it...
Title: Bob Dylan, Don't Look Back
Post by: jough on September 30, 2005, 10:37:20 pm
Slink, I don't know about R2 where you are, but it was available here on DVD a week before it aired on PBS.