The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: miles on September 28, 2005, 09:23:10 pm

Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: miles on September 28, 2005, 09:23:10 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09282005
 
I'm totally picturing a repeat of this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01122004) incident, but with Beef instead.

Aside from the subject title and Beef's worry that he might get his ass beat down, I didn't really think that today's was that funny.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: Golfhaus on September 28, 2005, 10:02:29 pm
It's a scene-setter.

I'm just pleased that "Strip returns Thursday" didn't actually play out. Unless this means no strip tomorrow.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: ferocious j on September 28, 2005, 10:32:55 pm
Are you kidding me.

- Roast Beef talking in a fake accent

- Continually breaking into his own act with commentary

- Ray's somewhat hurried-sounding dismissals

Basically panels 4-6 are chuckleworthy all on their own
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: Mantonio on September 28, 2005, 10:37:37 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Basically panels 4-6 are chuckleworthy all on their own


Unfortunately, there are other panels that follow and preceed.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: CortJstr on September 28, 2005, 10:51:06 pm
Normally it's all about the eyebrows. And while I'm not denying the awesomeness of Beef's eyebrows in his accent panels today it's also about Ray's outfit.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: James on September 28, 2005, 11:58:37 pm
For me it is all about Ray's headphones being nowhere near his ears. And "Maybe ju an' me are amigos!". And "I don't have time to debate what makes a friendship meaningful".

A++ would read again
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: misterqueue on September 29, 2005, 12:00:26 am
Muy Muy bueno.

I have not much to say about this strip, except I am wondering why Beef thinks the tagline implies that Latinos will think he's making fun of them via meaningless friendship conduits?  I would be more worried about just offending them with the REeeeedeeeculos accent!

But I suppose this is a cat who imagines titty-buxx falling on him and thus it is his triumph and it is his tragedy.

Also, doesn't Ray look like every studio record producer in such as a movie or tv show that you have ever gazed upon and had it gaze back and then maybe a guy in a sports car learns something of the value of life.

Woah.. I went all.. tangential.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: V-Adore on September 29, 2005, 12:16:35 am
I just like the tiny pig that's inexplicably on the Jaime the Science Friend set. I mean, what?
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: misterqueue on September 29, 2005, 12:35:08 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I just like the tiny pig that's inexplicably on the Jaime the Science Friend set. I mean, what?


Well clearly that is the Science pig, he is used for most excellent science....

either that or it's the bank, in which RBK has hidden various dirty pennies....

sorry folks, just thinking out loud here.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: MattFish on September 29, 2005, 02:54:27 am
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Well clearly that is the Science pig, he is used for most excellent science....

either that or it's the bank, in which RBK has hidden various dirty pennies....


I'm banking (ha!) on the latter.

It's good to see that Yo Reado Dos Math Books! is finally (sort of, not really) paying off for Beef. I really like the dialogue in this one, and the fake moustache certainly is...moustachudinous?
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: AugustWest on September 29, 2005, 03:24:41 am
Boy, when Beef wears a mustache you can really see the resemblance between him and Showbiz.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: arlucasinc on September 29, 2005, 04:07:05 am
Quote from: "James"
For me it is all about Ray's headphones being nowhere near his ears.


OMG that thing with the headphones is just frikkin' hilarious.

Does anyone else miss Philippe?
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: arkabee on September 29, 2005, 01:16:49 pm
this is the best strip ever since the last best strip ever and sure to reign supremely until the next best strip ever.

i can't think of a single thing i don't like about this strip, and i'm the person who says "yes, it is a pretty day, but it's days like this you get hit by a meteor.".
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: robot_god on September 29, 2005, 03:00:46 pm
I would like to think that Ray wrote the script, completely neglecting Beef's science-saying skills.

"I get this penny and it was muy brown!"

Must be Ray.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: Beatrice on September 29, 2005, 07:01:56 pm
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Does anyone else miss Philippe?


Ay yi yi!  Si, quiro mucho.  The little Otter!  Oi.


edit:  yeah and notice my signature.  there will be no doubt where my humor preferences lie.
Title: 09/28/2005 -- How is it insulting to know facts.
Post by: jough on September 29, 2005, 08:06:00 pm
Oh, I liked this one too, but that doesn't mean that you and I are amigos.

Also, Beat Rice is nearing a new stock title.

That is all.