The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: side_show on August 27, 2003, 09:58:13 pm
-
I remember the old message board and how someone would always complain when a strip was late. I'm glad this board isn't like that.
Thanks to you all for being so rad.
-
Yeah, agreed, though it's odd that there isn't more now, given that everyone can now complain with impunity.
-
Given the high quality lately, who's to complain - I see the new strip is up now - that's one well protected system.
-
It is the dawn of a new and better internet for everyone.
-
GOD DAMNIT! The color strip not been in color for, like, months. It hasn't even been a goddamned comic. What the hell? I am sick of this shit. Blah blah blah stick up my ass blah blah nate small onstad's writing is ass blah anyways blah fuckity blah ass fanny ass.
Whew! I feel better.
-
GOD DAMNIT! The color strip not been in color for, like, months. It hasn't even been a goddamned comic. What the hell? I am sick of this shit. Blah blah blah stick up my ass blah blah nate small onstad's writing is ass blah anyways blah fuckity blah ass fanny ass.
Whew! I feel better.
Now that, my friends, is a strong effort on a first post. But I have this nagging feeling, like a tickle in the back of my brain. Anyone else's Spider Sense tingling?
-
Now that, my friends, is a strong effort on a first post. But I have this nagging feeling, like a tickle in the back of my brain. Anyone else's Spider Sense tingling?
Sarcasm Sense maybe? That's all I was pointing towards...
-
Now that, my friends, is a strong effort on a first post. But I have this nagging feeling, like a tickle in the back of my brain. Anyone else's Spider Sense tingling?
Sarcasm Sense maybe? That's all I was pointing towards...
See, he thinks it's onstad!
-
I was 80% leaning toward sarcasm and 20% leaning toward board infiltration. Something about the syntax and word choice I guess.
I've been wrong before, dangnabbit I LOVE being wrong about stuff like that! One other forum on this board seemed to be trackind coincidental things at the Achewood site - maybe that's why my radar was up.
-
Ce site Internet a été optimisé pour des écrans affichant 800 x 600 pixels au minimum et pour les versions 4 ou plus des fureteurs. Il utilise la technologie fantastique et incroyable.
edit: man, if I'm Onstad I better get busy sniffing glue on the docks or making free comics or something.
-
"This site Internet was optimized for screens posting 800 x's 600 pixels to the minimum and for the versions 4 or more inquisitive. It uses the fantastic and unbelievable technology."
Or something, I wasn't about to PAY for a translation. I know that there are at least two Canadians and two Englishmen roaming around this board, any of you talk the frogspeak? I don't, just Spanish which is really serving me well here in Hawaii I might add.
I should check over on the James Joyce discussion, there are some soaring cranial vaults over there.
-
I know that there are at least two Canadians and two Englishmen roaming around this board, any of you talk the frogspeak?
'Cause Englishmen are more likely to know French?
Alas no, only Japanese and a little Italian.
Though I can usually manage enough French through the Canadian links I have to manage some, I should actually look at it I guess...
But yes, a better translation would be of course - "This site is optimised for 800X600 display, and a browser of version 4 or greater (IE!??!). It uses fantastic crayon technology (sorry incredible...)"
-
I was thinking more of your general proximity to France and the rest of Europe. Maybe your schools are better about second language education. Plus you guys got to fight them from time to time. Over here we just post bail for them every few decades or so....
Japanese? Cool! I could have used that while I was standing in the airport doing SARS surveillance last Spring. THAT was a blast let me tell you. Thousands of little bitty Japanese a day with Engrish t-shirts and giant hats and sunglasses.
Check out www.engrish.com if you haven't already, it kind of sums up my Spring.
-
Maybe your schools are better about second language education.
Possibly, but our attention spans and abilities not to pass out during language lessons can't be any better than anyone's!
At least I just slept through all my language lessons. Much like I'm about to go do riiiiiiight now...
{i like to pretend i'm sitting in a German class when I can't get to sleep}
-
Incroyable means "unbelievable." You got the rest. I guess I just admitted that I speak French.
Yeah, welcome to the early nineties, my friend. 800x600 resolution is the minimum resolution of the web. If you can't handle it... go fuck yourself.
I was going to say something wittier there, but I'm tired, so FUCK YOU and your pre-1994 browser.
You'll *really* hate going to the Plagiarist.com home page and noticing that you don't see any styles, because your pre 4.x version browser doesn't support CSS.
The world, she moves on without you, while you thrash around like a plastic bag caught in the branches of a faraway tree, rustling helplessly...
-
I still run my computer at 800x600
::hides in shame::
-
I was going to say something wittier there, but I'm tired, so FUCK YOU and your pre-1994 browser.
You'll *really* hate going to the Plagiarist.com home page and noticing that you don't see any styles, because your pre 4.x version browser doesn't support CSS.
Ugh, non CSS browsers... ick!
I put the CSS validation links on my sites and a note saying - if it doesn't work it's your shitty browser's fault. Get a proper one, with a nice link to Mozilla.org.
Simplifies things with all the academics whining about the sites not working on their v4 IE. I mean the mess MS made of CSS support, or lack thereof.
Anyway, I just like to hate MSIE 'cause it's shit.
-
The thread which began praising the civility of this board has become the most jerk-filled thread to date. What an unexpected turn of events.
~Paul
-
Yeah! Let's kick Side_show's ass! <--- JOKE
more seriously (but not much though):
This hasn't been nearly as bad as that stupid argument over whether or not our opinions are fair to post here, and whether in responding, one could simply call someone a bunch of names and be done with it. There was some real jerkin' going on there. A regular jerk-off even. People were jerkin' about everything! There were jerks on all sides - all the way around. It was a real, live circle jerk. I tell you, I've never seen anything like it.
there was even a poll as to whether one person would be branded sufficently jerky as to get tossed. After that, things seemed to really calm down and grow up around here. I think the atmosphere is has cleared, like the day after a Jamaican barbecue - the air is less "jerky" if you will.
-
The thread which began praising the civility of this board has become the most jerk-filled thread to date. What an unexpected turn of events.
~Paul
Case in point.
-
Peut quelqu'un me dire pourquoi on avait commencé de parler en francais?
-
Ribbit! Ribbit! Chug-a-rum! Crooooooak!
-
Ce dialog, c'est finit.