The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Doc on October 05, 2005, 02:04:08 pm

Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: Doc on October 05, 2005, 02:04:08 pm
This (http://www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING%20FINAL.mov) needs to be seen.
It's all of nine meg so there's no excuse.
The thing is, I can't really explain what it is without spoiling it, suffice to say someone cut their own trailer for Shining and you should see it.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: jough on October 05, 2005, 05:04:29 pm
Someone from the same firm made a new trailer for West Side Story (http://www.ps260.com/Trailer/westsidestorytrailer_small.mov) too.

These guys can sell anything to anybody in any way.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: slink on October 05, 2005, 05:33:57 pm
There was one to make Titanic out as a horror movie, but it was lame compared to those two. The Shining one is pure genius.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: V-Adore on October 05, 2005, 08:20:24 pm
Utter brilliance.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: arkabee on October 05, 2005, 08:26:16 pm
that was neat.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: Boring K on October 06, 2005, 05:31:46 am
Yeah, I've seen these posted elsewhere and everyone seems to be ranking them as

#1: Shining (brilliant)
#2: West Side Story (pretty good)
#3: Titanic (shite)

I wish I had the software and the skills to do this with.  For one, you could probably turn Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life into a pretty mean horror film with ease.  I'd personally like to take the entire filmography of David Cronenberg and turn them into wacky comedies.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: pmcd9 on October 06, 2005, 10:05:54 am
That was brilliant.  What a heartwarming film that must be.

~Paul
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 06, 2005, 07:33:44 pm
The Shining one is, indeed, freakin' awesome.

As for West Side Story, is the glowing-eye thing added in?  I think that breaks the rules.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: pmcd9 on October 07, 2005, 06:09:26 am
Hey I'm going to see the Shining tomorrow (http://www.silverscreams.org/main.htm).  I don't know, it looks like kind of a chick flick to me, but hey it ought to put my date in the mood.

~Paul
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: Bozack on October 07, 2005, 02:39:12 pm
Of fuck*ng COURSE that damn Peter Gabriel song is on the trailer. And it's going to be in my fuck*ng head all day.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 07, 2005, 05:17:46 pm
Dude, that is one of my favorite songs.

Did anyone else nose around the PS260.com website? For some reason I just love the design.
Title: Shining Trailer
Post by: pmcd9 on October 08, 2005, 09:03:06 pm
I saw the Shining last night and I gotta say, that trailer was a little misleading.  It wasn't as much of a romantic comedy as I thought it would be.  Turned out to be more of a crime drama actually.

~Paul