The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on August 27, 2003, 10:48:06 pm
-
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
-
And the mere fact that he has a dumbwaiter!
-
Ah that's one fine installment!
What can I say...
-
It's an especially good strip, considering that most of the panels are just black with some text over it.
Sweet.
I'm just wondering why Chris didn't tell the others that Ray was back in 1882 this week.
-
And the mere fact that he has a dumbwaiter!
to me it's a very "achewood-y" thing to have a dumbwaiter involved - I don't know why - it just is.
-
I was right about something (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=2283&highlight=#2283)? Time to go to the track!
-
This strip is actually a good example of the kind of thing I really like in Achewood strips -- it's artful without really containing a lot of art. Minimalist, but used very well.
-
This strip is one of the best I've read in a good long while.
"Kill the flashlight!" - "I just hung up 'cause I didn't know what to say"
I love that shit.
-
Oh poor Roast Beef -- so panic-stricken. Only Beef could stumble into such a situation.
Do phones work through the space-time continuum?
-
Seriously, I laughed out loud, which is something I try to avoid when I'm at work no matter how funny the strip is, but I just couldn't stop myself.
-
I got the impression that Beef was leaving a message on Ray's machine.
-
I figured he was leaving the message on Ray’s cell phone voicemail.
-
Does Ray actually ever use that dumbwaiter or is it just for show, like an MTV "Cribs" kind of prop?
-
I got the impression that Beef was leaving a message on Ray's machine.
Yeah, I realized that afterwards. :?
-
I think the original idea behind the dumbwaiter was to allow direct delivery from the kitchen to the room(s) or hall(s) along its shaft. This would require a kitchen staff one could call down to for an informal meal or snack. The idea that Ray would be in a pad that is designed to be staffed by servants is outstanding in allowing me to ponder the abuse said staff might endure.
Did he not mention having someone who worked for him at one point? A maid or some such? Maybe I'm misremembering.
Also there's the possibility Ray just climbs into his dumbwaiter to go to the kitchen quickly.
-
I think a dumbwaiter would be just the sort of thing you would find in Ray's house - sort of along the same psychology that makes him want to wear clothes like Mark Twain. Not too many houses today have eating rooms on a different floor than the kitchen. Maybe he keeps all the booze and wine in the basement and brings it up on the dumbwaiter.
I agree with Asherdan; some strips with abuse of the domestic help could be really awesome if there was such help.
-
We really hadn't codified the rules for first post in our strip threads as of this time I see. No date, no link to the strip, no quote from said strip. Really poor work Ash (slowly shakes head in disgust).
-
(http://mootee.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/08/zombie_2.jpg)
-
I edited a six and a half year old post because of Paul breaking my balls.
It's still a good strip
apparently he is quite effective at such.
-
That's more like it. :P
-
Remember when I'd delete/merge threads that weren't in the "proper" format?
Ah, I was such a charmer...