The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_roll_call on October 12, 2005, 06:07:38 pm

Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: robot_roll_call on October 12, 2005, 06:07:38 pm
The tale of CUNT is a timeless parable.

It's kind of weird to see Ray be so angry at someone.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: misterqueue on October 12, 2005, 06:12:44 pm
Damn you!!!!   erm.. anyway... best line "You didn't just say that."

All monotone
All looking down his nose
All six kinds of fierce

Also look how empathetic Beef looks there in the last panel.  You just know he's thinking "Dang man, ol' Ray is all kinds of riled up."  

Also, actually angry Ray rocks my socks till the morning comes.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: V-Adore on October 12, 2005, 06:19:33 pm
Full points to Ray for quoting NWA at Milklin. Also for Milklin's very well-rendered flyaway hair. And tiny angry lines!
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Bozack on October 12, 2005, 06:55:17 pm
I like how Ray not only demands that Milklin gets off his property, but ALSO that he starts up the business. And you KNOW that Ray will be checking up on him. Unless he forgets.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Roger on October 12, 2005, 07:00:10 pm
Now we're talking! Milklin's pathetic existence has been justified: serving as fodder for primo Ray wisdom is worthier than serving the Lawd.
Beef is also great is his deadpan way: "Come on Ray friendly up"
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: aparrish on October 12, 2005, 07:04:18 pm
I like the expressive "anger specks" that appear around Ray in panel four.  Wait, Milklin has them too ... I guess they're really just more generic "emotion specks."
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: CortJstr on October 12, 2005, 07:22:35 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I like how Ray not only demands that Milklin gets off his property, but ALSO that he starts up the business. And you KNOW that Ray will be checking up on him. Unless he forgets.

I'm guessing that Ray will forget. Tyler Durden he ain't.

Does the concept of a private by-invitation-only religion remind anybody else of scientology?
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 12, 2005, 07:30:17 pm
Not apropos to this strip, but I don't feel like opening a new thread just for this...

At the office where I am working today, there are various signs promoting the Combined Federal Campaign, the government's version of the United Way.  At the end of the hall is one that looks sort of like this:

You don't have to WEAR A CAPE to be a hero.

And from halfway down the hall, all I see is WEAR A CAPE.

So obviously, I am thinking... (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09262003)
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: CortJstr on October 12, 2005, 07:45:31 pm
I am going to the Ren Fest on Sunday but I don't own a cape.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: robot_god on October 12, 2005, 07:50:10 pm
For FREE!?!?!?  Oh you didn't just go there.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 12, 2005, 08:22:02 pm
That's why Wal * Mart doesn't do well in Japan. There is a stigma to low cost goods.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 12, 2005, 08:50:27 pm
I have a cape, but I've never been to the Rennaisance Festival.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Null on October 12, 2005, 10:09:55 pm
I like the line, "I thought you had any sense!"

Also, Milkin's face looks like Molly's, with glasses and a bad haircut.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 12, 2005, 11:31:09 pm
Quote from: "Roast Beef"


why you think I bein' nice to him dogg don't you know he's relations
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Mantonio on October 13, 2005, 12:46:54 am
Maybe Beef shoulda told Ray to stay off the beach. Because Ray is certainly acting like he's on the beach. Wearing a cape.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Suckin_Dick on October 13, 2005, 12:58:29 am
i have a new thing to say at people who are being cocks...

"come on man friendly up."

priceless.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: wombat on October 13, 2005, 01:40:21 am
Quote from: "Null"
I like the line, "I thought you had any sense!"


This should have been the thread title, dammit.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: antioch on October 13, 2005, 06:04:46 am
R_R_C, your signature looks like a furtherance of your post. And it makes good sense in that context.

 I like Beef's expression. And also Ray's maniacally aggressive business advice.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: aparrish on October 13, 2005, 02:33:41 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm guessing that Ray will forget. Tyler Durden he ain't.


Oh man, I think you just foresaw the CHILLING FINALE of Achewood.  Spoiler space for those who haven't seen Fight Club:

.
.
.
.
.
.

Ray and Roast Beef are THE SAME GUY!  Also, Teodor IS a dead person.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Golfhaus on October 13, 2005, 05:16:57 pm
And Molly is really a man.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 13, 2005, 07:36:38 pm
And Nice Pete killed his own wife with insulin, and at any rate already killed the guy he thought did it several times over.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 13, 2005, 11:04:49 pm
And Cornelius Bear is actually James Earl Jones!
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Golfhaus on October 13, 2005, 11:10:18 pm
And Ultra Peanut throws Click ***** into the ocean.
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: misterqueue on October 14, 2005, 12:12:59 am
And the whole time LYLE WAS HIS SLED! (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2193)
Title: 10/12/05- the terrible tale of CUNT
Post by: Beatrice on October 19, 2005, 06:36:53 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I like how Ray not only demands that Milklin gets off his property, but ALSO that he starts up the business. And you KNOW that Ray will be checking up on him. Unless he forgets.



It is kind of like Ray is Brad Pitt, and Milkin is an asian store clerk, and Achewood is Fight Club.

edit: oh, damn I'm not deleting this, 'cause i posted it without reading the rest of the forum and it is creepy that I am so lame.