The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Limmo on October 16, 2005, 03:39:27 am

Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Limmo on October 16, 2005, 03:39:27 am
I especially like the airplane crashing into the building and all the souls on it ascending to see Scary Jesus in the sky.  

See for yourself. (http://www.boingboing.net/images/rapture.jpg)
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: V-Adore on October 16, 2005, 03:51:29 am
Favorite detail: the big rig being plowed into, in which the driver is quite notably not ascending with the Rapture. I bet he's pretty freaked.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 16, 2005, 05:08:21 am
How about the man being crushed between two cars in the center foreground?


Hey, fella, guess what!  God doesn't love you!  Now watch out for that car!


EDIT:  And gay marriage scares these people?  Isn't that sort of like, I don't know,  carnivorous zombie elephants with serrated tusks being afraid of Fatburger?



I am convinced that one day Fatburger will play an instrumental role in the foiling of an evil plot to destroy the earth.

Maybe it will stop that gigantic creepy Jesus.  It will destroy him with scuzzy hamburgers and friendly-yet-incompetent staff.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Golfhaus on October 16, 2005, 11:31:21 am
I like how the only souls being saved are ones who were a) already dead, b) on the road, or c) in the airplane. Apparently, the thousands of people at work in the buildings are all collectively fucked.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 16, 2005, 04:47:21 pm
It's a Sunday.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: pmcd9 on October 16, 2005, 05:47:32 pm
That's Dallas?  Don't look like Dallas  (http://www.visitortips.com/images/gallery/destinations/usa/texas/fullsize/dallas.jpg) to me.

~Paul
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Bozack on October 16, 2005, 09:40:37 pm
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
I am convinced that one day Fatburger will play an instrumental role in the foiling of an evil plot to destroy the earth.

Maybe it will stop that gigantic creepy Jesus.  It will destroy him with scuzzy hamburgers and friendly-yet-incompetent staff.


You shut your filthy fuck*ng mouth. You shut your mouth, and you never open it again.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: andalucia on October 16, 2005, 11:37:11 pm
That reminds me of a mural that was in this movie (http://www.searchingforthewrongeyedjesus.com/), which all of you should go see right now, given that it is totally fuck*ng rad.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 17, 2005, 12:26:59 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
I am convinced that one day Fatburger will play an instrumental role in the foiling of an evil plot to destroy the earth.

Maybe it will stop that gigantic creepy Jesus.  It will destroy him with scuzzy hamburgers and friendly-yet-incompetent staff.


You shut your filthy fuck*ng mouth. You shut your mouth, and you never open it again.


Fatburger employ you much?
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2005, 12:39:01 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
That reminds me of a mural that was in this movie (http://www.searchingforthewrongeyedjesus.com/), which all of you should go see right now, given that it is totally fuck*ng rad.

What a beautiful place the south is.

~Paul
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 17, 2005, 01:43:13 am
For a movie about "essential truth about the American South," there sure weren't too many black people in that trailer.  I'm just saying.


That does remind me why I consider East Texas more a protectorate or security zone than an actual part of Texas.  East of I-45, it's pretty much that inbred.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Max on October 17, 2005, 03:24:01 am
I have a new desktop wallpaper.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Choop on October 17, 2005, 03:34:47 am
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
That does remind me why I consider East Texas more a protectorate or security zone than an actual part of Texas.


Don't mess with Texas.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: andalucia on October 17, 2005, 04:52:54 pm
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
For a movie about "essential truth about the American South," there sure weren't too many black people in that trailer.  I'm just saying.


Well, I'm certainly not one to judge the accuracy of a film about the South, since the farthest South I've ever been is Boston, but it had some nice music in it.  The movie, I mean, though I'm sure the same is true of Boston.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: misterqueue on October 17, 2005, 05:02:02 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
That does remind me why I consider East Texas more a protectorate or security zone than an actual part of Texas.


Don't mess with Texas.


I try not to, at least not without wearing a jimmy hat; I'm pretty sure Tejas carries some foul payloads.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: Imperator Severn on October 17, 2005, 05:13:09 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
For a movie about "essential truth about the American South," there sure weren't too many black people in that trailer.  I'm just saying.


Well, I'm certainly not one to judge the accuracy of a film about the South, since the farthest South I've ever been is Boston, but it had some nice music in it.  The movie, I mean, though I'm sure the same is true of Boston.


Quote from: "Zorro, the Gay Blade"

    Charlotte Taylor Wilson: For myself, nothing. But I thought for the people, you might donate your land.
    Don Diego: I give my land to the peoples? If we give away my land, where you think we gonna live?
    Charlotte Taylor Wilson: Boston!
    Don Diego: Boston?!
    Charlotte Taylor Wilson: It's really the only civilized city. The best food, the best art, the best music!
    Don Diego: The best music. You gotta be joking! I spent a week in Boston once, and I don't think I heard a decent Mariachi player in the city!
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: arkabee on October 17, 2005, 06:00:40 pm
The subgenius foundation has moved it's HQ out of Dallas, btw.

perhaps that painting is a bit more prescient than i would like to think about.
Title: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
Post by: robot_roll_call on October 17, 2005, 06:38:40 pm
Well it's a good thing Optimus Prime is onhand. I always knew there was a connection between him and Jesus.