The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Null on October 20, 2005, 01:48:36 pm

Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Null on October 20, 2005, 01:48:36 pm
Wow, this is the geekiest Achewood yet.   I mean, these jokes are obscure.

Did someone forget to pay the bill?
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: jough on October 20, 2005, 02:33:40 pm
This is BRILLIANT!

I mean, he even got the PHP error messages to sound kinda right:

Quote from: "Achewood.com"
Notice: Cannot parse CSV header row. in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/csv_class.php on line 158

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/csv_class.php:158) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/page_class.php on line 252

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/csv_class.php:158) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/page_class.php on line 339


Genius!

I totally want to get a signed copy of this strip.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: misterqueue on October 20, 2005, 02:41:54 pm
I disagree, it made me sad.  When will they be nice and actually PARSE csv_class.php?

Next thing you know he'll have Lyle punch csv_class.php in the stomach.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2005, 03:03:03 pm
You dudes have got no mercy, or aspire to mercilessness.

1000 posts.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Emergent_C on October 20, 2005, 03:14:46 pm
Looks like Beef needs to scamper across the top of Onstad's desk and cold HACK into this server (pizza delivery uniform required).
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: V-Adore on October 20, 2005, 03:21:22 pm
I dunno about you guys, but I find this a masterpiece of parody. How eloquently it skewers the "e-business" model: one banner ad, bright and clear as day, in a sea of poor coding and broken content! It's an elegant visual metaphor for the burst of the dot-com bubble.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: aparrish on October 20, 2005, 03:21:48 pm
December 1969, presented by Roomba! The *****ic Floor Vac.

Beef: it is strange to live in a time before the UNIX epoch has started
Teodor: Wow, I'd sure like to ride on the new Boeing 747!
Beef: oh shit I must go here comes the draft board (vrooooooo)
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: CortJstr on October 20, 2005, 04:22:16 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
You dudes have got no mercy, or aspire to mercilessness.

1000 posts.

Nice.

I must say that ad is actually affecting me. Today I strongly considered getting a No Mercy shirt but I want neither a t-shirt nor another hoodie. Maybe if there was another long sleeve option.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: wombat on October 20, 2005, 05:25:07 pm
OK, this is a pretty funny thread, but it's time for Onstad to get out of bed and fix the damn comic.  Or else I will...I will...um.. I don't know what I'll do, I guess I'm still only aspiring to mercilessness.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Null on October 20, 2005, 05:31:27 pm
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Bozack on October 20, 2005, 05:38:13 pm
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: arlucasinc on October 20, 2005, 06:38:58 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


No way! The word would be "incredibly awesome!" Except it would be two words. Y'know?
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2005, 06:39:27 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


Bozack's friend Gina imported a SQL database into her pu$$y and spit out a broken CSV table with a header that Onstad couldn't parse!!!! (because of the smell!!!!)

Edit: the term for this is minge munge
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: V-Adore on October 20, 2005, 06:42:07 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


Bozack's friend Gina imported a SQL database into her pu$$y and spit out a broken CSV table with a header that Onstad couldn't parse!!!! (because of the smell!!!!)

Edit: the term for this is minge munge

Bobby, honey, the moment's over.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 20, 2005, 07:26:02 pm
Seriously. It's time to leave Gina's pu$$y alone. Except for Gina and her selected pu$$y pals.

Also, todays post: Still better than Friday Updates with Philippe.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: CortJstr on October 20, 2005, 08:04:54 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Seriously. It's time to leave Gina's pu$$y alone. Except for Gina and her selected pu$$y pals.

Did this make anybody else think of people doing the "Go Team Venture" hand signal but saying something about "pu$$y Pals" instead?
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 20, 2005, 08:36:48 pm
Homosexuals the Gorilla would be a member of the pu$$y Pals, coming soon to Lifetime's Saturday morning cartoon lineup.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: misterqueue on October 20, 2005, 08:44:22 pm
It's good to know that you guys can bring the funny when Onstad is too drunk to do so.

In other news the page is up, with the same comic as yesterday... so, it's a start.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: MattFish on October 20, 2005, 10:15:49 pm
I considered posting about this when nobody had, but I thought better of it and I do not regret my decision.

December '69 though! What is the significance of that date?
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: misterqueue on October 20, 2005, 10:43:33 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
I considered posting about this when nobody had, but I thought better of it and I do not regret my decision.

December '69 though! What is the significance of that date?


It's when Cattulus got his BONE ON little man!

(Actually it's just a default PHP/SQL thingie.. nothing significant.)
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Bozack on October 21, 2005, 12:15:51 am
It's exactly ten years before Billy Corrigan began riding around in cars with teenagers.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 21, 2005, 04:04:25 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Edit: the term for this is minge munge

Bobby, honey, the moment's over.


NEVER!!!

(http://images.foundrymusic.com/JPEG/pu$$y_costume.jpg)
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Null on October 21, 2005, 04:28:59 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Edit: the term for this is minge munge

Bobby, honey, the moment's over.


NEVER!!!

{image}


That's it.  I'm pulling in my operculum until the terror has passed.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: AugustWest on October 21, 2005, 04:56:53 am
That's just...just....I,  uh... You sh...It's a...

Oh dang!


Does anybody else smell giraffe?
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 21, 2005, 05:05:16 am
Should Gina ever join this forum, that WILL be her avatar. BY IMPERIAL DECREE.
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: pmcd9 on October 21, 2005, 05:24:26 am
Damn that's a big uh avatar.

~Paul
Title: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
Post by: bob loblaw on October 21, 2005, 05:31:11 am
Quote from: "aparrish"
December 1969, presented by Roomba! The *****ic Floor Vac.

Beef: it is strange to live in a time before the UNIX epoch has started
Teodor: Wow, I'd sure like to ride on the new Boeing 747!
Beef: oh shit I must go here comes the draft board (vrooooooo)


holy crap, i have only one thing to say

Flying Saucer Attack! damn!