The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on August 28, 2003, 02:05:14 pm
-
Hey,
I'm new here, yet not new to Achewood. How do you go about getting an avatar? If I can recall, I remember opening a window that offered a good selection, but now I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
-
That window was on "that other site." Jough didn't enable that feature here, but if you have an image that is less than 80 X 80 pixels that you would like to use and you do not have your own webspace, contact me or Jough and one of us will host it for you.
-
You can set your avatar in the ‘Profile’ option up at the top of the screen on the horiontal menu. It’s at the bottom of the long list of personal ‘Profile’ options.
-
Alright, thanks a lot. Unfortunately, no, I don't have my own webspace, although i suppose i could just get one of those geocities sites for the sake of a URL :roll: . If not, if you'd put it on yours, I'd appreciate that a lot. Thanks!
-
bluebird: geocities (like tripod) does not allow remote image linking, last i checked. You'd be better off at brinkster or anywhere - ANYWHERE - other than geocities or tripod.
-
That remains one of AOL's 2 actual features, hotlinking
(The other is that their e-mail cap is 16MB per e-mail with no total limit on your account at all)
-
I just searched Google for AVATARS, found a couple two or three sites that offer them and let you link to them and lo and behold, a picture of my wondrous dancing self at the side of every delicious, nutritious and high-fiber post. It was so easy even an old-order amish cheesmaster like myself could do it.
Yah!
-
Gotta love ALF. Thanks guys.
-
uh, i think my avatar's taller than 80, so that limit doesn't seem to work. also you don' have to have aol to have a free image host, you just need a screenname (aim). hang on while i post this so i can figure out where you have to go to upload your files . . .
-
okay, you should be able to sign in with your screenname at mywebpage.netscape.com (http://mywebpage.netscape.com/) and upload images with their form. all i have up there are images . . .
[edit]oops, i started with url and ended with /link. i suck at the internet today . . . [/change]
-
Our limit is around 100x100, but 80x150 is more the absolute limit.
It's just that we can't have avatar images making the left column expand.
So I'll feel free to just go ahead and make sure any violators can't use avatars.
We can do this on a user-by-user basis.