The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: evan on October 21, 2005, 07:04:22 am

Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: evan on October 21, 2005, 07:04:22 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10212005

Ray is definitely not afraid of the fuck*ng police.

Not bad but kind of derivative.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: Bozack on October 21, 2005, 07:17:39 am
I actually thought the last three panels were amazing. Just Ray standing there, then him shouting and Teodor cowering in fear, then the actual slap.
I think I just might leave every room shouting, "KISS MY ASS, BITCH! I'LL BE AT DUANE'S!", Mr. Onstad. I just might.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: mrchee on October 21, 2005, 08:35:36 am
what we must ask ourselves is this: (A) was Ray truly unaware of the effects of the black-label, or (B) was he intending to slap Teodor all along?  If B, did Ray bring a crate of alcohol to somebody's house merely to act on fantasies of domestic abuse and white trash platitudes?
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: cellardoor on October 21, 2005, 09:13:58 am
Ha haaaa!
Look at Ray's face in the first panel!
He's so into his new purchase.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: pubdoggy on October 21, 2005, 09:30:43 am
It would appear that the Black Bottle Brand has exactly the same effect as Stella Artois lager - affectionately called "Wife Beater" over here in Blighty.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: misterqueue on October 21, 2005, 10:26:52 am
Looks like the black one is filled with Gusano Rojo (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05042004).  You just know that he smashes that bottle and stabs someone on the way to Duane's.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: V-Adore on October 21, 2005, 11:53:59 am
My guess for the mysterious black bottle's mood is "overly drama-prone drag queen."
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: gearnest on October 21, 2005, 12:06:59 pm
So is it really coconut rum??? :shock:
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: Golfhaus on October 21, 2005, 06:06:22 pm
Look at Teodor cower in panel 11... he's such a little bitch.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: pmcd9 on October 21, 2005, 06:21:05 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Looks like the black one is filled with Gusano Rojo (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05042004).  You just know that he smashes that bottle and stabs someone on the way to Duane's.

I'll say it again, it's not nice to point out that the strip used to be way more funny than it is now.

~Paul
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: jough on October 21, 2005, 07:09:47 pm
Hey, the man's daughter just turned seven months.  I'm surprised he's been turning out a strip at all.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: pmcd9 on October 21, 2005, 07:13:32 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Hey, the man's daughter just turned seven months.  I'm surprised he's been turning out a strip at all.

So what you are saying is people with children are crappy workers.

~Paul
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 21, 2005, 07:20:04 pm
I sure as hell am these days. But I don't think it's because of the kids.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: MattFish on October 22, 2005, 12:26:53 am
I think my favorite part of this is Ray in profile. Is this the first time we've seen that? The last panel is a real hell of an action shot.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: Suckin_Dick on October 22, 2005, 01:01:00 am
i don't think it's really profile it's more like 3/4s rear.  but frankly, 3/4s of ray's bethong'd rear is more than i really wanted to see today.

kudos mr. onstad.  kudos for showing me a cat's ass.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: robot_god on October 22, 2005, 02:25:57 am
I think Ray has been gaining weight recently.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: Noah on October 22, 2005, 12:43:29 pm
Quote from: "*****_god"
I think Ray has been gaining weight recently.


i was thinking the same thing
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: Golfhaus on October 22, 2005, 12:44:43 pm
Look, Ray didn't invent sour cream, it invented itself (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08012002)...

Why am I doing so much linking all of a sudden?
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: jough on October 23, 2005, 06:13:46 pm
No, I'm saying that Onstad is a stay-at-home dad and if it were me I'd spend most of the day spending quality time with my daughter, not trying to come up with funny drawings and stories that people would just bitch about on some damn message board.
Title: October 21, 2005 - Duane's
Post by: Beatrice on October 24, 2005, 06:37:53 pm
Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
bethong'd





thank you.  thank you ever so much.