The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on October 22, 2005, 06:40:16 pm

Title: Where are you?
Post by: AugustWest on October 22, 2005, 06:40:16 pm
Where are you?

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/touamb
Title: Where are you?
Post by: andalucia on October 22, 2005, 07:11:57 pm
Man, my red arrow is pointing to Longueuil, for some reason.  Longueuil is a suburb of Montreal that you have to take the special freaky-weird metro line to get to.  It is a Not-Very-Important Place.

However, I find this to be a charming idea.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on October 22, 2005, 09:21:56 pm
I enjoy being right in the middle of the map, and the fact I'm so far away from everybody.  This means I can say anything without reserve with no worry of being punched, for, in the time that it would take any of you to travel to me, your anger would have mostly dissipated, and the prairies would have lulled you into complacency.  Plus, it basically hard to find any justifiable reason to come to Winnipeg.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 22, 2005, 10:39:21 pm
Hey Side Show we are on almost identical longitudes. It's like you are in the apartment above me.  Well maybe two flights up.

~Paul
Title: Where are you?
Post by: misterqueue on October 23, 2005, 01:27:19 am
Yea though I have added myself to the list, I do not fear for stalking.. because, well.. who'd do that?
Title: Where are you?
Post by: V-Adore on October 23, 2005, 02:12:25 am
I appear to be exactly on the dotted grey border. Sadly, this is true.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: CortJstr on October 23, 2005, 02:15:27 am
I have apparently completely overtaken Wombat's pin. Either that or the home for scared people is just hiding behind me.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: sjlimmer on October 23, 2005, 03:54:09 am
Added to the mid-west posse.  

For now.


Get me the hell out of here.  Please
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on October 23, 2005, 06:14:25 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Hey Side Show we are on almost identical longitudes. It's like you are in the apartment above me.  Well maybe two flights up.

~Paul


Ah, yes, one of my friends moved to Houston, and right before he left, he did mention that he would basically be driving strait south.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 23, 2005, 07:38:33 am
Who is Carl Otis Winslow?  Is that You Imp 7?  Jesus Christ people who let a fuck*ng Aggie in here?

~Paul
Title: Where are you?
Post by: slink on October 23, 2005, 11:39:31 am
It's kind of amusing seeing how far apart some of you folks are, then zooming out one to see where I live...

When I say amusing, I mean depressing!
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on October 23, 2005, 02:58:46 pm
Quote from: "slink"
It's kind of amusing seeing how far apart some of you folks are, then zooming out one to see where I live...

When I say amusing, I mean depressing!


Gee, slink, at this point you're basically an honourary Canadian anyway.  You should move here.  The girls will love your accent, and with it you will get maximum cuddles every night.  Also: Beer.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: wombat on October 23, 2005, 03:08:47 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I have apparently completely overtaken Wombat's pin. Either that or the home for scared people is just hiding behind me.


You bastard!

It looks like the elusive wombat is in fact behind you and just peeking out a tiny bit - You can still see mine if you click in exactly the right tiny little spot to the upper right of yours.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: andalucia on October 23, 2005, 03:11:00 pm
See, I have this conceptual problem with geography.  I am absolutely amazed at how close you New England people are to here, and equally astounded at how far away side_show is, and how much farther north.  Cause, like, we live in the same country, so we should be basically neighbours, but you guys are in America, which is basically like a far-away, possibly even made-up land.

I demand a recount!
Title: Where are you?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 23, 2005, 03:16:03 pm
Actually Slink there are at least two or three more Brits on this board.  The only one I can think of by name at the moment is pubdodgy, but I know there are others.  You have enough for a GB chapter.

~Paul
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on October 23, 2005, 03:21:27 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
See, I have this conceptual problem with geography.  I am absolutely amazed at how close you New England people are to here, and equally astounded at how far away side_show is, and how much farther north.  Cause, like, we live in the same country, so we should be basically neighbours, but you guys are in America, which is basically like a far-away, possibly even made-up land.

I demand a recount!


Oh, I know, I was looking at it thinking basically the same thing.  I'm still deeply amused and somewhat pleased that there is an impenitrable circle of distance around me.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: jough on October 23, 2005, 05:31:48 pm
We all want to but don't want to get closer to you, Smells.  To be any closer would mean compulsory Maximum Cuddles, but to be further away would mean a shallow empty existence outside of the realm of Smells' lustre.  You have to find the neutral buoyancy point.

It's a paradox.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: slink on October 23, 2005, 08:00:14 pm
Quote from: "side_show"

Gee, slink, at this point you're basically an honourary Canadian anyway.  You should move here.  The girls will love your accent, and with it you will get maximum cuddles every night.  Also: Beer.


I am secretly relying on this being the case when I turn up there all bespoke suited for to be a best man next summer. Oh yeah...

(What was it they said about UofT college girls?)
Title: Where are you?
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 23, 2005, 11:35:29 pm
Quote from: "side_show"


Oh, I know, I was looking at it thinking basically the same thing.  I'm still deeply amused and somewhat pleased that there is an impenitrable circle of distance around me.


You're joking, right? I have an impenetrable circle of really deep water around me. You're just surrounded by tall grass and maybe some hills.

Also, like Slink, my existence is dependent on people zooming out enough to find me and believe in me.

AUG: can you as an admin delete my second, experimental shoutout?
Title: Where are you?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 24, 2005, 01:29:10 am
On the radio yesterday I heard a really great group from Winnepeg, The Wailin' Jennys (http://www.thewailinjennys.com/).  They told about playing their first gig in 1997 at Sled Dog Music (http://www.sleddogmusic.com/).  They seemed like really nice people, very down to earth and lord they could sing.

~Paul
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2005, 04:42:34 am
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "side_show"

Gee, slink, at this point you're basically an honourary Canadian anyway.  You should move here.  The girls will love your accent, and with it you will get maximum cuddles every night.  Also: Beer.


I am secretly relying on this being the case when I turn up there all bespoke suited for to be a best man next summer. Oh yeah...

(What was it they said about UofT college girls?)


Oh, I couldn't be much cruder to you, just imagining your accent, but basically, you will get tail - if tail is what you want.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2005, 04:48:02 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "side_show"


Oh, I know, I was looking at it thinking basically the same thing.  I'm still deeply amused and somewhat pleased that there is an impenitrable circle of distance around me.


You're joking, right? I have an impenetrable circle of really deep water around me. You're just surrounded by tall grass and maybe some hills.


Oh, but you see that is exactly what amuses me - there is no reason why I should be isolated, where as there is a basic, understandable reason why you are.  

Also, Jough - yes, I'm like a magnet, attactive yet repellant.

Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Golfhaus on October 24, 2005, 08:22:18 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.


Is that a Canadian band-naming convention? Could I get some folks together and call them, say, The Slappin' Around Betsys?
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Mantonio on October 24, 2005, 10:05:29 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.


Is that a Canadian band-naming convention? Could I get some folks together and call them, say, The Slappin' Around Betsys?


My first guess is that the name is a play on "Waylon Jennings."
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Skillator on November 02, 2005, 09:41:01 pm
My marker is not pointing at Surrey but Surrey is the only thing on the map of BC.
We want to forget that we have a Surrey.

I am from Vancouver
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Golfhaus on November 02, 2005, 11:32:05 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, Paul, the Wailin' Jennies have been around for ev'a.  I tend to sort of take them for granted, and I like the Vancouver based band the Be Good Tanya's way more than the Wailin' Jennies.


Is that a Canadian band-naming convention? Could I get some folks together and call them, say, The Slappin' Around Betsys?


My first guess is that the name is a play on "Waylon Jennings."


I still want to name a band The Slappin' Around Betsys.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 03:42:44 am
Quote from: "side_show"
Oh, I couldn't be much cruder to you, just imagining your accent, but basically, you will get tail - if tail is what you want.


You could easily be much cruder to him. You could tell him that he could get some hot trim, wool or ass. You could tell him that he'd be guaranteed a clam to club every night.
DIRTIEST DUDE IN TOWN.

Also, the Be Good Tanya's are awesome. They are so awesome.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: side_show on November 03, 2005, 04:12:48 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "side_show"
Oh, I couldn't be much cruder to you, just imagining your accent, but basically, you will get tail - if tail is what you want.


You could easily be much cruder to him. You could tell him that he could get some hot trim, wool or ass. You could tell him that he'd be guaranteed a clam to club every night.
DIRTIEST DUDE IN TOWN.

Also, the Be Good Tanya's are awesome. They are so awesome.


Canada - serving up Greasy giraffe Tacos to Euro-accented men from Voyager times to today!

Also, yes the Be Good Tanya's are the best - the play I directed that just ended it's run last weekend ended with "the Littlest Bird" as the actors took their bows.  It was great!
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 07:09:10 am
Awww!
I just thought of that song and my heart MELTED.
And this is coming from a guy who spent the last hour playing a video game where you smash people in the head with bricks.

SIDE NOTE: "The Warriors" video game is a gift from Christ Jesus himself. It is that good.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2005, 02:11:43 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
SIDE NOTE: "The Warriors" video game is a gift from Christ Jesus himself. It is that good.

Sorry, but nothing with that much promotion on Spike can possibly be good. I'm even starting to second guess my like of TNG for this very reason.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 03, 2005, 03:17:49 pm
Apparently I get to hold down the whole of Ohio.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: andalucia on November 03, 2005, 03:26:21 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
SIDE NOTE: "The Warriors" video game is a gift from Christ Jesus himself. It is that good.

Sorry, but nothing with that much promotion on Spike can possibly be good. I'm even starting to second guess my like of TNG for this very reason.


I know, right?  There is always that show on before Star Trek that ends with slow motion scantily clad women jumping on trampolines, then some ads for THINGS THAT GO REAL FAST AND OR EXPLODE, and only then can I indulge in some innocent geekiness.  Is there really that much audience overlap there?
Title: Where are you?
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2005, 05:29:50 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
SIDE NOTE: "The Warriors" video game is a gift from Christ Jesus himself. It is that good.

Sorry, but nothing with that much promotion on Spike can possibly be good. I'm even starting to second guess my like of TNG for this very reason.

I know, right?  There is always that show on before Star Trek that ends with slow motion scantily clad women jumping on trampolines, then some ads for THINGS THAT GO REAL FAST AND OR EXPLODE, and only then can I indulge in some innocent geekiness.  Is there really that much audience overlap there?

The first season of the Man Show was funny (although they always taped down the girls on trampolines. WTF?) but I don't get UFC or the blowin' stuff up show. MXC is good for some quality cheap laughs though. Plus there's always somebody named Babaganoush.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 07:36:34 pm
MXC is good.
But trust me. Sometimes, you can find diamonds in mud. "The Warriors" is a DIAMOND, man. I swear to god, you guys should all come to New York, to my apartment, to play this damn video game with me. It is AWESOME. In fact, just writing about it makes me want to play it. Thanks for keeping me away from doing college essays, GUYS.
Title: Where are you?
Post by: Lister on November 04, 2005, 03:30:36 am
I'd offer to drive over to Rockstar to give them your thanks, but:

1. I would need to have your thanks in my possession, and the shipping on that crap is outrageous...

2. Rockstar is in siege mode, and would likely blow up my car something awful for driving too close without permission.

3. I'm really just posting this to say "I live in San Diego" in a new way.

4. I live in San Diego, and I am pleased with this fact.