The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: side_show on October 23, 2005, 03:30:50 pm

Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: side_show on October 23, 2005, 03:30:50 pm
Okay, so Golfhaus postulated over in this thread (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2218) that none of us would turn down a dinner with Onstad.  I don't know if that's true or not, but if you were to have a dinner with Onstad, what would the meal be?
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: wombat on October 23, 2005, 09:21:31 pm
Is he doing the cooking, or are we?
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: AugustWest on October 23, 2005, 10:31:25 pm
Who's paying?
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: arkabee on October 23, 2005, 10:44:49 pm
why am i in california?
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: Golfhaus on October 23, 2005, 10:49:49 pm
Despite having watched at least four episodes of Iron Chef a week for the past three months, I do not consider myself much of a culinary expert. If he were making the dinner, I imagine it would consist of several dishes, none of which I had ever had before and at least one that I could not identify if it was a pasta/seafood/chicken/salad/dessert dish. Probably something with abalone or shiitake mushrooms (both of which I can only name because of Iron Chef). I'm not of an adventurous taste, either, so I probably wouldn't eat very much, and then go to Wendy's afterward and pig out.

I'm sure I would be impressed with the alive stuffed animals, however.

ObQuestion: Does this look infected?
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: wombat on October 23, 2005, 11:18:15 pm
I guess I would be sorely tempted to freak him out by making a crazy obsessive fan dinner of an inappropriate combination of dishes from the Achewood cookbook. Like Roast Beef's childhood bologna sandwich with Scotch eggs and a Hell Baby.  And then I could remind him of how I made all those dishes and emailed him photographs of them. And he'd eat quickly and then back away very, very slowly, and bolt.  And then I'd post pictures of the event on the messageboard.

But if I decided to give him a break I'd treat us to dinner at a restaurant. Why spoil the event with the stress of cooking.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 23, 2005, 11:50:17 pm
Is he really fat? Cause if that Kai person is right, I'm not buying him dinner, no sir.  

No sir-ree!
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2005, 04:39:01 am
Gee, I don't know - I was imagining a Wonka-esque prize-type situation where Onstand would cook.

I supposed I would expect rissoto, and also some very decent booze.  I would expect a culinary event, but I think it would be equally probable to have a Swanson dinner plopped down in front of me that I had to eat while he glared at me with a cold stare.

Now cooking for Onstad - the pressure's on there:

I'd got with what is regionally suitable to the season, so right now for a fall meal:  Start with a light salad -poppyseed dressing with cranberries and candied almonds over romane hearts partnered with nice german white wine. Then tomato bisque topped with a home-made parma-chip and fresh chopped basil. Main dish would be traditional Herbed French Roasted chicken, potatoes and carrots with sweet onion.  Dessert would be a dense chocolate truffle mousse cake paired with an open bar of classic cocktails.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: misterqueue on October 24, 2005, 12:54:46 pm
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Please to be stabbing me in the eye and ending my pain.

(Also I mock with love, maximum cuddles to you all)
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: wombat on October 24, 2005, 02:41:16 pm
Hell with Onstad I'm buying a ticket to Winnepeg.  And I want to see the bat play, too.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: V-Adore on October 24, 2005, 03:19:44 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Don't make me start the "My Cling-Film Yaoi Odyssey With Onstad" thread, dude.

I'm sure Kai would have a lot to contribute. I suspect he has many sordid fantasies about him, a corpulent version of Chris Onstad, and that cow and cow-peeling device he was going on about.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: misterqueue on October 24, 2005, 03:30:17 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Don't make me start the "My Cling-Film Yaoi Odyssey With Onstad" thread, dude.


Why is it that all our interactions thus far have led to either gay viking poetry or cling-filmed yaoi with Onstad?

Actually, don't answer that.

And if you do write this thing, learn from me and do not post it.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: V-Adore on October 24, 2005, 03:35:22 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Dear lawd.. next thing you know we'll all be covering Roy Orbison in cling film.

Or... hell I dunno.. writing Yaoi or something.

Don't make me start the "My Cling-Film Yaoi Odyssey With Onstad" thread, dude.


Why is it that all our interactions thus far have led to either gay viking poetry or cling-filmed yaoi with Onstad?

Actually, don't answer that.

And if you do write this thing, learn from me and do not post it.

You know, I have no idea? I don't, like, think of yaoi when I read your posts, or anything.

I don't even like yaoi.
Honest.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: Mantonio on October 24, 2005, 03:56:31 pm
Fuck Onstad, I think dinner with all of you would be more likely to actually be fun.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 24, 2005, 07:52:21 pm
fuck*ng Onstad is different subject entirely. You have taken this thread where its founding fathers feared it would go.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2005, 08:00:16 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
fuck*ng Onstad is different subject entirely. You have taken this thread where its founding fathers feared it would go.


Oh, I'm not afraid... but I'm also not a father, so hey, whateva'.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 24, 2005, 09:29:30 pm
You fathered this thread. Do you abandon your children so easily?
Title: Re: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 25, 2005, 02:58:37 am
Quote from: "side_show"
Okay, so Golfhaus postulated over in this thread (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2218) that none of us would turn down a dinner with Onstad.  I don't know if that's true or not, but if you were to have a dinner with Onstad, what would the meal be?


Marmite and Fresca
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: Bozack on October 25, 2005, 03:32:39 am
If he was cooking, some sort of bizarre-ass polenta shit with live chickens slowly drowning in wine. If I cook...well.
My dinner tonight consisted of a single chicken breast, grilled on the ol' George Forman, smothered in A1 sauce, with brown rice. I went a bit crazy and added butter, salt and A1 to the rice, too. It was really, really good.
Title: My dinner with Onstad.
Post by: Doc on October 25, 2005, 07:21:37 am
This is fun to read after the bitching about celebrities thread but There's little reason to criticize.

Anyway before anyone can have dinner with Onstad we'd have to help them put together a CH style house for them to have it in and figure out a way to pour wine by putting the glass inside an empty bottle.