The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 24, 2005, 03:04:08 am

Title: The Mathletes
Post by: pmcd9 on October 24, 2005, 03:04:08 am
My new favorite band is The Mathletes (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8570207&Mytoken=20050713110840).  I saw them perform today (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MATHLETES/DSCN8410-E-1024.jpg) at the Bacon benefit (http://www.infernalbridegroom.com/BaconBash.html) over at IBP (http://www.infernalbridegroom.com/index.main.html).  I took a really great picture (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MATHLETES/DSCN8390-E-1024.jpg) of them just before they played.  

 Most often compared to They Might be Giants (http://www.splendidezine.com/review.html?reviewid=32522474221293963) they are really quirky and fun.  The Mathletes are led by Joe Mathlete (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MATHLETES/DSCN8397-E-1024.jpg).  Joe writes all of the songs, plays guitar and does most of the singing.  When I  first saw them (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/IMAGES/ILL_CR/1024/DSCN5471-E-1024.jpg) earlier this year I thought wow, that's a really cute girl (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/IMAGES/ILL_CR/1024/DSCN5469-E-1024.jpg) playing the keyboard.  I've now seen them perform several times (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/TV/IMAGES/1024/DSCN8063-E-1024.jpg) and have developed a deep appreciation their music, but still Jenni is really cute (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/TV/IMAGES/1024/DSCN8084-E-1024.jpg).

~Paul
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: pmcd9 on October 27, 2005, 02:03:02 am
What up mother fucks?  How can you not love a band with a song called Diaperland?

~Paul
Title: Re: The Mathletes
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 27, 2005, 03:57:56 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
thought wow, that's a really cute girl (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/IMAGES/ILL_CR/1024/DSCN5469-E-1024.jpg) playing the keyboard.  I've now seen them perform several times (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/TV/IMAGES/1024/DSCN8063-E-1024.jpg) and have developed a deep appreciation their music, but still Jenni is really cute (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/TV/IMAGES/1024/DSCN8084-E-1024.jpg).

~Paul


I looked at all the pics and I can't find the cute girl anywhere.
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: jough on October 27, 2005, 06:00:40 am
You're a bad person, AD.
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 27, 2005, 06:05:55 pm
I know. I'm holding out for Gina.
Title: Re: The Mathletes
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2005, 04:47:20 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I looked at all the pics and I can't find the cute girl anywhere.

You have sand in your eye.  Ok, that's all i've got.  That's my jerk store right there.

~Paul
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 28, 2005, 07:54:49 am
I know that's all you got Paul.

I know.

<weeps>
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2005, 03:12:19 pm
It's gotten very cold in here.
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: arkabee on October 28, 2005, 03:19:09 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
It's gotten very cold in here.


i've had this mental image, of you, paul, saying "what up mother fucks? want some curry?".

the photo of you, with the green food.

only, since i've never seen you in motion, my brain has constructed, from that photo, that you are speaking like the canadians in South Park.  You know how the top of their heads are sort of cut off horizontally, they don't have jaws, the tops of their heads just sort of float:

"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"
"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"
"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"

it's really messing with me.

with the top of your head floating.

"what up mother fucks? want some curry?"

help me.
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: acoxcae on October 28, 2005, 04:15:12 pm
If I had decent image-editing software at work, I would be 10 kinds of all over making an animated gif avatar of this.

As it stands, I'm not going to - but someone's got to, damnit!

We love you Paul.
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: jough on October 28, 2005, 04:37:29 pm
DO YOU WANT SOME FRITATTA?
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 28, 2005, 06:46:53 pm
For the record: Paul is awesome but I don't share his opinion about the girl.
Title: The Mathletes
Post by: pmcd9 on November 02, 2005, 03:41:12 am
Quote from: "arkabee"
i've had this mental image, of you, paul, saying "what up mother fucks? want some curry?".

the photo of you, with the green food.

only, since i've never seen you in motion, my brain has constructed, from that photo, that you are speaking like the canadians in South Park.  You know how the top of their heads are sort of cut off horizontally, they don't have jaws, the tops of their heads just sort of float:

You've pretty much nailed it.  That's me exactly, except replace the Canadian accent with a slow southern drawl.

~Paul