The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on October 24, 2005, 05:47:49 am

Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Doc on October 24, 2005, 05:47:49 am
So I guess they talked about this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10242005).

Obviously another one that is funnier for the setup than the ultimate gag, in my mind the only way this situation makes sense is that when Ray found out what LN was up to he named and programmed his next Aibo (as he obviously still recieves them regularly) to alert him in the most dramatic way possible. Or maybe he programmed it for falling down the well style dramatics and this is just the first chance it's had to fulfill something even approaching it's true function.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: MattFish on October 24, 2005, 05:49:32 am
You were one minute faster than me, dammit.

Is it every young boy's dream to be an internet camwhore? I know it was mine.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 24, 2005, 05:50:35 am
When I was a young boy....never mind.

It's sad to submit pictures you took yourself, though - LN needs to have some dignity.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 24, 2005, 06:16:23 am
Filler. Next.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: robot_god on October 24, 2005, 06:56:29 am
Little Nephew is good.

Where is the Survivor at this season?  Maybe I should check Beef's blog.
Title: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
Post by: Kai on October 24, 2005, 07:19:59 am
When Onstad writes too long of a sentence I get a ...
at the end of the off-white alt text bar.  I can infer what might be being said, but it's frustrating, and happens frequently.

Am I just Mentally Retarded (anyone read Maakies?) or is there no way to make the whole text bar show up?

Or...propped up there in a den of his own filth, does the obscenely corpulent Chris Onstad cleverly write out an exact number of characters and then put three dots at the end just to spite me?  Whereupon, revelling in his own fleshy villainy, does he then heave to and fro in some sort of nauseating imitation of high mirth, his greasy jowls flapping as a gurgling sound an onlooker would have to interpret as laughter bubbles out from between his downturned, froglike lips?  Stubby appendages kicking and flapping as his pungent spittle rolls down the front of the sackcloth gown his wife sews him into every fall?  Cinched around what can hardly be described as a waist by a two-cow belt, the cracked, marrowless bones of which lie strewn about his workstation, to be gnawed at later by his child in a futile attempt to glean what nourishment might be left in their crevices?

Probably the latter.
Title: Re: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
Post by: MattFish on October 24, 2005, 07:24:14 am
Quote from: "Kai"
Am I just Mentally Retarded (anyone read Maakies?) or is there no way to make the whole text bar show up?


Right click, properties. Look at the thing that says "alternate text".

Don't worry, I made the mistake of being ridiculously verbose during my Scrambles The Dog period too. Then I realized I was turning into a froglike, spittling, marrowless dork-flapper and stopped doing it.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: R-Machine on October 24, 2005, 08:51:03 am
Mattgiraffe is a liar and a drunk. You look under "Title", as the alt-text slot is empty. People just call it "alt-text" to confuse you. Don't believe their lies.
Title: Re: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
Post by: V-Adore on October 24, 2005, 12:23:59 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
froglike, spittling, marrowless dork-flapper and stopped doing it.

Thank you, Matt. Remember: Scrambles the Dog time is man-time, and you got to come real.

I like this strip, if only because it makes clear what I had suspected all along: that LN is just shoving a camera down his ##### to do his SuicideGirls "posing." Also: hell of action shots, and LN in his first non-subculture outfit in a long time. What's not to love?
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: misterqueue on October 24, 2005, 12:52:13 pm
Hrm.. didn't much care for this one, but then I don't much care for LN most of the time.  (Except his fuck algebra lines, those are CLASSIC!)

Who knew that SG had a whole section for barbed animal c*ckes!

[NBC Banner]The More You Know![/NBC Banner]
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: CortJstr on October 24, 2005, 01:25:35 pm
Now I'm left to ponder if Lassie.com is a new Aibo or one of the originals that was never named in the strip.

Also, if it's for SuicideGirls shouldn't LN be in a bedroom surrounded by punk band posters and maybe some klingon weaponry?
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: MattFish on October 24, 2005, 01:58:37 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also, if it's for SuicideGirls shouldn't LN be in a bedroom surrounded by punk band posters and maybe some klingon weaponry?


This probably has something to do with why LN's photoset has only garnered "1 vue" so far. Maybe we as a community are not ready for "joint-o-vision".
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: antioch on October 24, 2005, 02:01:28 pm
Yeah, or maybe the picture should be of him doing algebra while looking into a poster of himself with a gun to his head. The hair of the dog is what brings SG their bacon. Hate is a fag!
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Slanger on October 24, 2005, 03:48:59 pm
Yeah, I didn't really get this one until I read LN's blog.  So much clicking!  But the payoff was alright, I guess.
Hi, I'm new.  Hi!  Hi.
Title: Re: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
Post by: mrchee on October 24, 2005, 06:35:09 pm
Quote from: "Kai"
When Onstad writes too long of a sentence I get a ...
at the end of the off-white alt text bar.  I can infer what might be being said, but it's frustrating, and happens frequently.

Am I just Mentally Retarded (anyone read Maakies?) or is there no way to make the whole text bar show up?

Or...propped up there in a den of his own filth, does the obscenely corpulent Chris Onstad cleverly write out an exact number of characters and then put three dots at the end just to spite me?  Whereupon, revelling in his own fleshy villainy, does he then heave to and fro in some sort of nauseating imitation of high mirth, his greasy jowls flapping as a gurgling sound an onlooker would have to interpret as laughter bubbles out from between his downturned, froglike lips?  Stubby appendages kicking and flapping as his pungent spittle rolls down the front of the sackcloth gown his wife sews him into every fall?  Cinched around what can hardly be described as a waist by a two-cow belt, the cracked, marrowless bones of which lie strewn about his workstation, to be gnawed at later by his child in a futile attempt to glean what nourishment might be left in their crevices?

Probably the latter.


Are you attempting to channel Tycho of Penny Arcade infamy?  Stop it
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Kai on October 24, 2005, 11:35:20 pm
Thanks r-machine, you're a real pal.  Now I can enjoy all my favourite strips again, but double!

mrchee, no one should be a dick to a stranger. Ever.  Doesn't someone even have that as their signature?  

One last thing.  How many thousands of pithy, well considered posts does a body have to make round here not be a lowly 'scrambles the dog'?  And does someone have a list of the exciting ranks I can aspire to, or does one just find out, like secret special presents?  (Not the kind where dad touches your area, the other kind.)
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Ben-San on October 25, 2005, 12:04:16 am
Quote from: "Kai"
One last thing.  How many thousands of pithy, well considered posts does a body have to make round here not be a lowly 'scrambles the dog'?


Many thousands of pithy, well-considered posts may eventually make you -=RAY=- but it only takes one post to make you c*ck-Faced Killa. The path of titles is strange and convoluted indeed.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Doc on October 25, 2005, 12:08:43 am
Quote from: "Ben-San"
Many thousands of pithy, well-considered posts may eventually make you -=RAY=- but it only takes one post to make you c*ck-Faced Killa. The path of titles is strange and convoluted indeed.


In this way I like to take Bobby as a kind of warning. Except that I can never decide whether Jough (or whoever) changes Bobby's title to taunt him or if it's his own decision.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Mantonio on October 25, 2005, 12:14:36 am
Quote from: "Kai"
Thanks r-machine, you're a real pal.  Now I can enjoy all my favourite strips again, but double!

mrchee, no one should be a dick to a stranger. Ever.  Doesn't someone even have that as their signature?  

One last thing.  How many thousands of pithy, well considered posts does a body have to make round here not be a lowly 'scrambles the dog'?  And does someone have a list of the exciting ranks I can aspire to, or does one just find out, like secret special presents?  (Not the kind where dad touches your area, the other kind.)


Listen, son. You basically barged into this forum acting like a drunken lout. You pissed people off. Maybe you didn't mean to, but that's how things worked out. When we take exception to your behavior, we aren't being a dick to a stranger (i.e. You). We're just calling you out on the carpet.

You don't like it, well, 8====} - - - - - - 0-:, is all I have to say to you.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: CortJstr on October 25, 2005, 01:13:06 am
Once I got to like 2,000 posts I realized that I really should've been keeping track of the ranks but it's way too late for that now.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 25, 2005, 01:17:10 am
The posting ranks change at the whim of the people in charge - we tend to post here out of having something to say rather than spewing forth to find out what comes after Scrambles.

Also you can 'earn' custom ranks due to contribution or punishment.

Just so's you know.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: V-Adore on October 25, 2005, 01:55:41 am
Yes. Don't underestimate the power of custom ranks DUE TO PUNISHMENT. You don't wanna be Scrambles, eh? That can change fast.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: MattFish on October 25, 2005, 02:00:38 am
People can be snide and sarcastic and act like an unbelievable know-it-all and yet not know how basic internet message board ranks work? Geez.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 25, 2005, 02:47:58 am
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
People can be snide and sarcastic and act like an unbelievable know-it-all and yet not know how basic internet message board ranks work? Geez.


Jough totally knows how the ranks work, dude.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: sam_spade on October 25, 2005, 03:01:42 am
HELLO CAN WE GET BACK TO THE STRIP PLEASE

1) Ray running = awesome. Pay close attention to the thong.
2) Li'l Nizzle should be shooting with his cell, not some camera, OK??
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: AugustWest on October 25, 2005, 03:06:38 am
Why is Ray painting in the first panel?  Doesn't he have people to do that sort of stuff?

Also, Ray is getting fat.  And his thong swinging as he runs is disturbing.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: V-Adore on October 25, 2005, 03:17:06 am
The recent emphasis on Ray Action Poses! really does emphasize that Ray is getting fatter, yeah. And that that thong ain't fittin' so great.

Maybe he just decided to repaint something. I mean, it's Ray; total bizarro impulse decisions are his style.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: robot_roll_call on October 25, 2005, 04:48:10 am
Quote from: "Kai"
Thanks r-machine, you're a real pal.  Now I can enjoy all my favourite strips again, but double!

mrchee, no one should be a dick to a stranger. Ever.  Doesn't someone even have that as their signature?  

One last thing.  How many thousands of pithy, well considered posts does a body have to make round here not be a lowly 'scrambles the dog'?  And does someone have a list of the exciting ranks I can aspire to, or does one just find out, like secret special presents?  (Not the kind where dad touches your area, the other kind.)


you leave me out of this
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: Doc on October 25, 2005, 06:01:28 am
I know we should all just let it go, but before we do I'd like to point out that the dude quit a single post before his coveted title change (it flips over at 10 doesn't it?).
We honestly seem to get a better breed of troll round here, total assholes and all but at least they can spell, and generally troll out of a feeling of intellectual superiority.

Before I get smacked down: Thanks Sam and August, thanks for making me look at the cartoon cat's crotch. Thankyou for doing this thing for me.

God Damnit
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: sam_spade on October 25, 2005, 04:03:01 pm
You're welcome! I try.
Title: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 26, 2005, 02:00:14 am
Quote from: "Doc"
(it flips over at 10 doesn't it?)

It's 25, but rank was the least of that fuck*ng guys problems.

~Paul