The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on October 27, 2005, 08:21:51 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=10272005
Funny? I can't see it.....
Furthermore, LN does not deserve his own strips. The only context in which he does not aggravate me immediately by mere presence is one featuring a pissed off "drunkle".
-
What, I thought this was fine. The date should be in the thread title.
-
Meh... other than the implication that all the viewers on hand would go insane from anticipation this one didn't do much for me.
-
Wouldn't the car stall before it got into the lake or... is it implied that the car will be turned off inbetween inches made?
...perhaps this is a stupid question since I don't drive, but seriously.
Also, yeah, I'd probably get impatient, but I guess patience is everything in reaching a world record.
I think I've put too much thought into this entry and it probably isn't even the good sort :|
-
I guess LN didn't make the connection between records and superlatives and just decided that world records mean doing retarded random things. Which I guess he would be partly right about.
I think my favorite part of this is how it's implied a 1973 Honda Civic costs less hell of cash money than an amount of cheese.
-
I dunno, people will give money for stupid shit online. Look at that smash-an-ipod guy who made $500 in like a week.
-
I tend not to find Little Nephew interesting. This strip, while amusing in concept, didn't really better his average. They can't all be winners.
-
I liked it!
-
The best part was the little backwards hat detail in the Civic.
Also, wearing a cape seems downright proper when compared to wearing a shirt with your initials on it.
-
god bless us chris onstadt, each and every one!
-
LN is looking significantly less ridiculous lately. What's up with that?
Personally, I view this strip as setup. If it's a one-off, eh. If it's a setup for a plot arc, well, I'll judge the plot arc when it comes to that.
-
I loved it. There's tons of funny to be had. I get great enjoyment when Little Nephew tries to Go All Ray On Us and do a thing. It's Ray's desire to make money with something unconventional, with even less sense.
It's also a strip that's not just Ray and Roast Beef having an exchange, which is ALWAYS welcome.
-
A long plot arc featuring LN driving 1" per hour might not hold my interest.
Also if they know he's a local boy shouldn't it be pretty easy to find the lake he's at? Especially if it's going to take 3 days to move 6 feet toward the lake?
Also, if we're to recall Guinness Book entries from our youth (I do remember the gross fingernail Indian guy) what about the superfat twins on the mopeds? The dude with 300 cigarettes in his mouth at once? Gina's multi-talented orifice?
-
I really hope this is a setup. I think there's great potential here for an absolutely insane storyline.
-
i bet we get 96 panels over a week of li'l neph inching ever so slowly closer to the pond. i'm fuckin taking bets that this is what will happen.
-
Man, this comic was all a...was all a scuse, so On-stat cou' draw wunna his damn old cars. Well hoo-ray.
-
I approve whole-heartedly. There has been not enough love lately, too many strips that could have been told in one frame, or no frames at all. This one, with that lunar-looking panorama and the shitty webcam on a stand...
And, as always, LN brings it with the ocular action.
I approve wholeheartedly. And plus,
It's also a strip that's not just Ray and Roast Beef having an exchange, which is ALWAYS welcome.
Am I the only person who misses the original cast? I guess they're not built for storylines like the cats, but they're such delicious sketches in human behavior (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122001). I think this strip serves that same mission, albeit through the obnoxious persona of LN. Teodor and Lyle in particular need more screen time. In my opinion.
-
Am I the only person who misses the original cast? I guess they're not built for storylines like the cats, but they're such delicious sketches in human behavior (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122001). I think this strip serves that same mission, albeit through the obnoxious persona of LN. Teodor and Lyle in particular need more screen time. In my opinion.
That strip is the sole reason that i remember that '7' is actually delete in my voicemail