The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2005, 04:06:42 pm

Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2005, 04:06:42 pm
Someone obviously misunderstood the concept of cat 5 wiring (http://www.wral.com/family/5187316/detail.html)
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: aparrish on October 27, 2005, 04:21:29 pm
Those fools!  The cat must have been walled up for a reason.  They've doubtlessly unleashed the re-incarnated soul of the serial murderer who brutally murdered dozens on that VERY REAL ESTATE fifty years ago.

I think we've just witnessed the beginning of a horror movie.  (cf. The Tenant (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074811/))
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2005, 04:53:08 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
Those fools!  The cat must have been walled up for a reason.  They've doubtlessly unleashed the re-incarnated soul of the serial murderer who brutally murdered dozens on that VERY REAL ESTATE fifty years ago.

I think we've just witnessed the beginning of a horror movie.  (cf. The Tenant (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074811/))




(EXT shot of house)
IN A WORLD
(shot of cat being found and picked up by young girl)
where nine lives isn't enough
(shot of cat's eyes glowing red when no one is looking)
ONE FAMILY WILL FIND OUT ...

(jungle drums; text whooshes on screen)
CURIOSITY
(whoosh; shot of cat slashing at the camera)
DIDN'T
(whoosh; shot of screaming mother)
KILL
(whoosh; shot of father cocking a shotgun)
THE CAT!
(shot of unidentified body hanging from the ceiling, swinging with a creaking sound and dripping in blood and with clothes shredded; a dingle ball hangs from its lifeless foot; cut to black screen with ominous hissing)
COMING FALL 2005
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: misterqueue on October 27, 2005, 08:10:13 pm
Heard that before (http://www.poedecoder.com/essays/blackcat/#summary)
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Bozack on October 28, 2005, 03:20:27 am
Damn! Poe'Jestrd!
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: aparrish on October 28, 2005, 03:09:33 pm
Wow, I like how this movie is both "based on true events" and "inspired by a short story by Edgar Allen Poe."  I think it could work.  Somebody call M. Night Shyamalan or something.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Beatrice on November 24, 2005, 05:34:37 pm
My weird new boss at this ice cream/breakfast/sandwich shop place showed me how to make muffins on my first day at work.  Not that I didn't already know how, but he showed me that you only spray the bottom of the tins because "the muffins need traction.  They need to be able to climb out and crawl up on the sides...  You know, I think Edgar Allen Poe wrote a short story about that."

???  

I'm not sure how long I can be employed by a crazy person.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: andalucia on November 24, 2005, 06:14:00 pm
You know, I think there is just something about people who make muffins for a living that turns them Wrong.  I would recommend you get out now.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 25, 2005, 06:21:32 pm
Frank Zappa sang about a slightly deranged mad scientist muffin man. I think you may have something there.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: misterqueue on November 25, 2005, 08:36:28 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Incriminating things


Are you mocking my poejstr'ing?

Cause if you are... *shakes fist*
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: antioch on November 26, 2005, 01:30:32 am
Quote from: "Imprudent carpenter"
"Poor little thing. So sorry we built you into the house"


That concludes today's edition of...

Seldom Heard Apologies
TM, Rupert Murdoch 2005
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2005, 04:22:48 am
Quote from: "aparrish"
Somebody call M. Night Shyamalan or something.

Saw a preview for the next M. Night Shyamalan flick.  Looks interesting.  Starring Paul Giamatti playing a lonely guy living in a pool house and involves a mysterious phantom swimmer.

~Paul
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: miles on November 26, 2005, 08:30:00 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "aparrish"
Somebody call M. Night Shyamalan or something.

Saw a preview for the next M. Night Shyamalan flick.  Looks interesting.  Starring Paul Giamatti playing a lonely guy living in a pool house and involves a mysterious phantom swimmer.


I saw it too (Harry Potter?).  After The Village, I'm skeptical.  I didn't see Signs but liked Unbreakable.  But, man, I hate The Villiage.

But I love Paul Giamatti.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: side_show on November 26, 2005, 02:55:33 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Saw a preview for the next M. Night Shyamalan flick.  Looks interesting.  Starring Paul Giamatti playing a lonely guy living in a pool house and involves a mysterious phantom swimmer./quote]

...where, in a suprise twist, the mysterious swimmer turns out to be the living inhabitant of the pool house, and Giamattie turns out to be the ghost that haunts it!

I kid, but just watch - you know it's gonna be something like that.  Who knows, maybe I even called it.

Yeah, when I saw the Village, I was all like, why did M. Night Shymalan make a movie about Mennonites?  Also, there have been rampant rumours that Shymalan stole this story from the Margaret Peterson Haddix children's book "Running out of Time."  Still, I don't know if I agree that the story was stolen, and am more likely to believe that we all have a fear of going into the woods (or being chased by something scary) long imprinted into our collective unconciousness from years of evolution, and that films like the Blair Witch Project, The Village and countless other horror films that have people running through the woods with something chasing them just tap into that.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2005, 03:19:41 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "aparrish"
Somebody call M. Night Shyamalan or something.

Saw a preview for the next M. Night Shyamalan flick.  Looks interesting.  Starring Paul Giamatti playing a lonely guy living in a pool house and involves a mysterious phantom swimmer.


I saw it too (Harry Potter?).  After The Village, I'm skeptical.  I didn't see Signs but liked Unbreakable.  But, man, I hate The Villiage.

But I love Paul Giamatti.


Hey i'm with you on this one.  Very conflicted.    I loved Ths Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, Signs however was ridiculous and I didn't even bother to watch The Village.  But whereas I could tell from the preview that The Village was gonna suck, this one looks interesting and Paul Giamatti is great.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Ben-San on November 26, 2005, 03:25:08 pm
The thing I liked about the new M. Night Shyamalan trailer was that there was absolutely nothing sinister about the trailer itself. Just a completely straightforward (although low-dialogue; I don't remember if there was any) romance trailer, and then at the end the name "M. Night Shyamalan" appears and I seem to recall a somewhat sinister chord. No explanation of what is sinister about this romance, except that since it is M. Night Shyamalan it apparently will be sinister in some manner.

(Perhaps shameful footnote: I have not seen any M. Night Shyamalan movies although I understand I probably should.)
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Bozack on November 26, 2005, 10:04:04 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Starring Paul Giamatti playing a lonely guy living in a pool house...


For some reason, I get the feeling that Paul Giamatti has been a lonely guy living in a pool house. And then "American Splendor" hit, and then "Sideways," and now he can't walk down the street without pu$$ys flying at him.
He still lives in the pool house, though.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2005, 10:33:35 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Starring Paul Giamatti playing a lonely guy living in a pool house...

and now he can't walk down the street without pu$$ys flying at him.

Dammit Bozak you're not supposed to give away the surprise ending.  Give a spoiler alert next time.

~Paul
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2005, 10:43:41 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
now he can't walk down the street without pu$$ys flying at him.

Rejected Super Mario Bros. monster
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Bozack on November 27, 2005, 06:47:51 am
If I had to count the times someone was throwing pu$$ys at me, and I had to jump on top of them, pick them up and hurl them back at the person so that I could walk into the mouth of a giant EAGLE, my cheap beer would be Red Stripe.
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: Golfhaus on November 27, 2005, 11:57:01 pm
Hold your phone calls, we have a winner!
Title: Feline built into wall of house; don't worry, it's okay
Post by: arkabee on November 28, 2005, 02:16:01 pm
i liked the Village ok.  it wasn't, i dunno, the best movie ever, but it still beat the shit out of swim fan in alley one night and left it for dead.