The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: aparrish on October 28, 2005, 05:43:30 pm

Title: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: aparrish on October 28, 2005, 05:43:30 pm
Good Smell Perplexes New Yorkers (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/28/nyregion/28odor.html) - I know there are other NYC folks on the board and I'm wondering if you folks experienced this.  My apartment is way further north in Manhattan than the mystery cloud's reported extent, so I didn't smell a thing.

Anyone have any idea what this could have been, aside from a new Dunkin' Donuts/IHOP/Glade Plug-In viral marketing campaign?
Title: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: Golfhaus on October 28, 2005, 06:19:20 pm
That must have been why they were discussing The Boston Molasses Disaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boston_Molasses_Disaster) on TV today.

edit: to fix link
Title: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: jough on October 28, 2005, 08:25:13 pm
Probably some poison gas with something in it that smells nice so people will breathe it in more deeply.

Considering that New York City often smells like an anchovy's cunt (thank you, George Carlin), it can only be an improvement
Title: Re: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: wombat on October 28, 2005, 08:53:53 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
Good Smell Perplexes New Yorkers (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/28/nyregion/28odor.html)


Best headline ever.
Title: Re: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 28, 2005, 11:38:29 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "aparrish"
Good Smell Perplexes New Yorkers (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/28/nyregion/28odor.html)


Best headline ever.


Now our next mission is to get them good taste.
Title: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 29, 2005, 07:33:52 pm
And the women to wear colors in the winter.
Title: New York City doesn't smell like ass, for once
Post by: Bozack on October 31, 2005, 07:06:20 am
I ripped that headline out of the paper. It sucks, man- I was in Brooklyn that night. I missed the ONE TIME Manhattan didn't smell like a dog's asshole.