The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Skillator on October 31, 2005, 06:19:14 pm

Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Skillator on October 31, 2005, 06:19:14 pm
I could not find a previous thread for this.

I am seriously thinking of taking a picture of myself dressed as Ray. i could do "the pregnant man" while wearing a thong and glasses and hold a martini. I would have to attach a tail and cat ears, but it could rock.

If that fails, I got a wig and I could easily be vegetable brain. Anyone else gettin' in on this thing?
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Limmo on October 31, 2005, 06:24:36 pm
I don't have a good idea for a cotume.
Title: Re: Cotume Contest
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 31, 2005, 06:35:38 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
I could not find a previous thread for this.

I am seriously thinking of taking a picture of myself dressed as Ray. i could do "the pregnant man" while wearing a thong and glasses and hold a martini. I would have to attach a tail and cat ears, but it could rock.

If that fails, I got a wig and I could easily be vegetable brain. Anyone else gettin' in on this thing?


If you can find an old Pink Panther mask. make it white, add some versaces and voila! instant Ray!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: misterqueue on October 31, 2005, 06:49:51 pm
I wanna see some people put on a good Emeril and Spongebath...

or No-No and Troubleman.. hrm.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 31, 2005, 09:40:57 pm
I incorporated my new Lyle's Achewater t-shirt into my costume - I went as Slash from Guns N Roses, only I wore the little inside joke t-shirt instead of the usual (and totally played out) Jack Daniel's shirt.  Somewhere there are pictures.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Bozack on November 01, 2005, 04:39:09 am
I could put on my rabbit mask and be the shot rabbit that the rabbit ambulance is hopping towards.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: exogen on November 03, 2005, 05:15:47 am
Sup duders,

I dressed up as Lie Bot and sent these pictures to Chris earlier:

Lie Bot's signature pose
(http://exogen.case.edu/ache1.jpg)

(http://exogen.case.edu/ache2.jpg)

How do you know that a *****'s ass is bad?
(http://exogen.case.edu/ache3.jpg)

On that note, I have no idea why it won't let me say r-o-b-o-t, is this an inside joke?
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: exogen on November 03, 2005, 05:17:28 am
Also, my girlfriend dressed up as Ray, "the Donald Trump of homeless people." Here I am pitching the Shitandle idea:

(http://exogen.case.edu/ache4.jpg)
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2005, 05:42:46 am
Welcome to the board, exogen. Let me be the first to say: wow. Hell of costumes there, man.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: AugustWest on November 03, 2005, 06:11:17 am
You are to be commended on the craftmanship of those costumes.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 06:29:02 am
Daaaaaaamn...that rules. Good show.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 07:10:00 am
Well played, well played indeed!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: jough on November 03, 2005, 07:42:06 am
See, those are the kinds of first posts that gets you mad respect up in this piece.

You, sir, own property.

Welcome to the board.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: misterqueue on November 03, 2005, 09:37:42 am
Sir, I have built and altar to you.

Also boo to that.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: aparrish on November 03, 2005, 03:07:06 pm
I guess this means the contest is pretty much over.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Emergent_C on November 03, 2005, 03:33:26 pm
You deserve pommes UND brot!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Null on November 03, 2005, 10:09:57 pm
Those were damn great costumes.  Lie Bot comes to life!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 11:24:43 pm
I am pretty averse to :)s these days, but  :shock:
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: ferocious j on November 04, 2005, 02:21:57 am
That's pretty excellent because

- It was well-done
- It illustrates just how hilarious-looking Lie Bot really is*

* Quite
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Dr. Sodomy on November 05, 2005, 08:55:58 pm
Awesome costumes.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: pmcd9 on November 06, 2005, 12:53:13 am
CD's for knees.  It's funny 'cos it rhymes.

Totally awesome costumes.  You are the champion of the world.  Best Achewood related costume ever.

See Beatrice, see, if only you had listened to me.  We were all saving these mad props for you, but you let us down.  Now you've no choice but to let Bozak post that picture of you with your underwear peeking out.

~Paul
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: exogen on November 06, 2005, 01:49:38 am
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
CD's for knees.  It's funny 'cos it rhymes.


Those are actually hard drive platters, which is a little less rhyme-y.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Mr Trout on November 06, 2005, 01:57:29 am
Quote from: "exogen"
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
CD's for knees.  It's funny 'cos it rhymes.


Those are actually hard drive platters, which is a little less rhyme-y.


How amazingly geeky. Great costume!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: misterqueue on November 06, 2005, 05:17:54 am
I've been staring at the pictures for days now, unsure of why it was so awesome and yet felt like it missed something.  It just hit me:

If only you had a banjo (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02252002)!!   My god, I would've wept openly if you had that.. serious.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Omegatron on November 09, 2005, 07:39:58 pm
When is he posting the results?

"We do not have big issues about nudity."

...
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: pmcd9 on November 10, 2005, 01:53:12 am
Quote from: "Omegatron"
When is he posting the results?

"We do not have big issues about nudity."

...

Posting the results?  Shit dude you've just seen the results.  If Exogen's Lie Bot gets topped i'll be shocked.

Shocked!

~Paul
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Golfhaus on November 10, 2005, 06:07:55 pm
I'm willing to bet that Exogen DOESN'T win, based on the fact that we all loved the costume (and rightfully so). Would Onstad throw the contest to spite the forum? It is possible.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: V-Adore on November 10, 2005, 06:13:12 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I'm willing to bet that Exogen DOESN'T win, based on the fact that we all loved the costume (and rightfully so). Would Onstad throw the contest to spite the forum? It is possible.

Also, judging by last contest, Onstad is a sucker for "friend of mine in a t-shirt == costume." So we'll see.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: ndpatel on November 11, 2005, 08:06:00 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I'm willing to bet that Exogen DOESN'T win, based on the fact that we all loved the costume (and rightfully so). Would Onstad throw the contest to spite the forum? It is possible.

Also, judging by last contest, Onstad is a sucker for "friend of mine in a t-shirt == costume." So we'll see.


to be fair, there were hella titties in that entry.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: aparrish on November 11, 2005, 08:48:36 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Onstad is a sucker for "friend of mine in a t-shirt == costume." So we'll see.


To be even more fair, that wasn't a costume contest - it was a "take a picture of someone wearing Achewood merch" contest.  And to mete out the blindest of justice, remember that the prize he awarded to his buddy was merely ceremonial.

Anyway, c'mon - there really were hella titties.  The man is only human.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: CortJstr on November 11, 2005, 09:03:30 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Onstad is a sucker for "friend of mine in a t-shirt == costume." So we'll see.

To be even more fair, that wasn't a costume contest - it was a "take a picture of someone wearing Achewood merch" contest.  And to mete out the blindest of justice, remember that the prize he awarded to his buddy was merely ceremonial.

Anyway, c'mon - there really were hella titties.  The man is only human.

I also seem to recall said titties being pretty rude. But perhaps I'm increasing their average rudeness via my imperfect memory.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: aparrish on November 14, 2005, 02:47:16 pm
Exogen, you were robbed.

... by which I don't mean to suggest that we ignore the efforts of Ms. Elise from Maine.  But c'mon, if you're going to "combine themes," go the extra mile and park the Volvo on the drum machine manual.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2005, 02:52:14 pm
Onstad, you ol' horndog!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: V-Adore on November 14, 2005, 04:05:11 pm
Wow. I'm surprised at the relative non-suckiness of all these costumes; while exogen was clearly robbed, the winner was still a pretty impressive piece of work. I'm also surprised how many "Ray in Germany with the newspaper suit" costumes there were for a storyline from early 2004.

The number of thong-wearing men with cat ears, though, does not surprise me at all.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: robot_roll_call on November 14, 2005, 07:13:22 pm
There needed to be three places. Notorious LINCOLN deserves a prize.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: V-Adore on November 14, 2005, 07:50:54 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
There needed to be three places. Notorious LINCOLN deserves a prize.

He even had the Blue Nun!
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: MattFish on November 14, 2005, 11:53:45 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
He even had the Blue Nun!


That alone shows supreme dedication. He needed to be a little more extremely considered in my opinion as well.

As for Ray in the Newspaper Suit, the pictures are rather low res...did anyone have an amount of carrot in their ear? I think that might have put them over the top.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: pmcd9 on November 15, 2005, 12:43:30 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Posting the results?  Shit dude you've just seen the results.  If Exogen's Lie Bot gets topped i'll be shocked.

Shocked!

~Paul

I stand corrected.

~Paul
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 15, 2005, 12:48:32 am
Not to mention shocked!

For a guy who claims not to have an problem with nudity, I have to say 'yay to that' when he cut off the bottom half of one of the bethonged guys.

It did look pretty bad from the midsection up - hope that wasn't someone from this board, though - really, I don't want to think about that anymore.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: wombat on November 15, 2005, 01:37:16 am
You can't blame O for loving the ladies, I guess, but that was not the best costume.  Combining themes isn't even a good idea.  Do you look at that picture and think "Achewood!"?  No, you do not.  Not like when you look at our friend LieBot.  Sigh.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: pmcd9 on November 15, 2005, 03:29:31 am
I'm not sure, is she even wearing a costume?  I'm pretty positive homeless Ray was NOT wearing a skirt.  But she has a nice body and she was playing a saw so yeah, she wins.

~Paul
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: exogen on November 15, 2005, 03:30:50 am
I really like the Lyle costume, since I think he's a hard character to visualize off paper.  And of course Notorious LINCOLN was great.

Elise (the winner) did a good job of including a lot of Achewood themes, although I'd like to see her carry around that Volvo and saw blade to an actual costume party...

Good job everyone.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: pmcd9 on November 15, 2005, 03:38:37 am
You were robbed X-O Man.  Way to take it like a gentleman though.

~Paul
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: pmcd9 on November 15, 2005, 03:44:41 am
I guess if Maddie from Boston as Molly had shown a little more skin she might have been more strongly considered.

~Paul
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Golfhaus on November 15, 2005, 10:13:40 pm
I'm still ready to declare Ex the winner of the TOUAMB "Cotume" contest. Whatever that entails. Maybe I'll chip in a $5 amazon.com e-gift or something.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: ndpatel on November 15, 2005, 10:29:45 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I'm still ready to declare Ex the winner of the TOUAMB "Cotume" contest. Whatever that entails. Maybe I'll chip in a $5 amazon.com e-gift or something.


i think he should just get to pick his own posting title.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: Skillator on November 15, 2005, 11:00:32 pm
I hate myself for my typos.
Thanks for your help.



Eating: Styrofoam peanuts

Crying because: he'll never be good enough for TOUAMB
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 15, 2005, 11:09:52 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
I hate myself for my typos.
Thanks for your help.



Eating: Styrofoam peanuts

Crying because: he'll never be good enough for TOUAMB


Eating: his own hot, snotty tears of shame

Crying because: he posted this in the wrong forum.
Title: Cotume Contest
Post by: jough on November 16, 2005, 04:22:14 am
Yes, for the costume of awesomeness I will bestow upon exogen a custom rank/title of his or her choosing.