The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Emmoh on November 01, 2005, 11:04:13 pm
-
Hey folks, came across this today reading an achewood review where someone had posted this URL in the comment section. Seems like a pretty solid board.
I'm what you might call a poseur, my bud Todd turned me on to Achewood about a year ago (yes he does own the van t-shirt), and I was a junkie from the get go, through the archives twice in a month and a half, then another, more moderate trip through this summer. I've been a comics fan since I was a kid, this was the first time a web comic grabbed my interest like my favorites from the papers.
Anyway, out in Chicago here...I'll be around...
-
Man I miss living in Chicago sometimes.
-
Greetings and welcome.
-
Salutations backwards Frenchman.
-
Man I miss living in Chicago sometimes.
I'm guessing that, for a fella in Hawaii (nice), that sometimes does not fall in these next few months...:wink:
Salutations backwards Frenchman.
Am I so slow that I completely didn't realize I had done that?
Yes. Yes I am.
Greetings and welcome.
Thanks. (That's all I got, I didn't want to be a hella lame new guy and leave ya out).
-
Wow, you've made three posts and have yet to insult anyone. I'm deeply impressed! Congradulations on your net-iquette, you win the prize.
When I think of Chicago, I think of Oprah. Can you go see Oprah? I mean, like, hang outside Harpo studios and like, see her, or even touch her, or like some how make it to being in the front row of her audience all crying that you are in the presence of the big O? Maybe you could swing a way to get a car out of the deal?
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.
Welcome.
-
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.
Whoa. Where have you been?
-
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.
Whoa. Where have you been?
Opps that should have been "did" basketball right, not, "do"... but hey, I'm from Winnipeg, home of the now (thank god) defunct Winnipeg Thunder, so, ya' know...
-
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.
Whoa. Where have you been?
Opps that should have been "did" basketball right, not, "do"... but hey, I'm from Winnipeg, home of the now (thank god) defunct Winnipeg Thunder, so, ya' know...
That's no excuse! Basketball was invented by a Canadian.
-
Okay, here's a better excuse: I haven't had cable T.V. in over 6 years and therefore do not hear anything about any sports teams. Also, I am into sportman/lady like activities like giraffeing and hiking, not playing on any sort of team or in a game, and my SO's into the same, plus maybe skiing, so I dunno... If you ask me to name an NBA team, I can name the Bulls, and... well that's about it. I seriously sat here for a few minutes, and I can't think of another NBA team... Wait are the Lakers basketball? I don't even know.
On the side of Basketball being invented in Canada, this TV ad (http://www.histori.ca/minutes/minute.do?id=10186), along with many others like it, is played on the CBC daily. More interesting is the Ad about how Superman was created by a Canadian. (http://www.histori.ca/minutes/minute.do?id=10206) I will not go into the bad acting and the fact that I know about half the people in these commercials, but there it is: a tad of Canadian Heritage in film form.
-
Okay, here's a better excuse: I haven't had cable T.V. in over 6 years and therefore do not hear anything about any sports teams. Also, I am into sportman/lady like activities like giraffeing and hiking, not playing on any sort of team or in a game, and my SO's into the same, plus maybe skiing, so I dunno... If you ask me to name an NBA team, I can name the Bulls, and... well that's about it. I seriously sat here for a few minutes, and I can't think of another NBA team... Wait are the Lakers basketball? I don't even know.
Works for me. Oh, and I think basketball was invented in the US by a Canadian, but I could be wrong. Anyway...
If it makes you feel any better, I can only assume that the Winnipeg Thunder were a Hockey team because, you know, Canada and Hockey and all. I really have no idea about it at all.
-
1. Eff? EFF? What kind of Philboyd Studge writes "Eff"? That fuck*ng guy!
2. Talking about the NBA like it's good basketball is just laughable. What is this "dee - fense" that you speak of? Shit the WNBA is probably better to watch (I guess, I don't watch either.) Why anybody would watch more than the last 14 seconds of an NBA game (and only during the playoff semi-finals) is utterly beyond me. The NBA is the Britney Spears of professional sports.
Chicago does basketball right? Phhht. Come to Kentucky. You'll see basketball done right.
-
Wow, you've made three posts and have yet to insult anyone. I'm deeply impressed! Congradulations on your net-iquette, you win the prize.
Thank you much. I've long trudged this cold land of internet forums and know that it's not time to tick anyone off until everyone gets the idea that I'm a sarcastic jerk that means no harm.
When I think of Chicago, I think of Oprah. Can you go see Oprah? I mean, like, hang outside Harpo studios and like, see her, or even touch her, or like some how make it to being in the front row of her audience all crying that you are in the presence of the big O? Maybe you could swing a way to get a car out of the deal?
It was a front page story out here when Oprah got called into jury duty. My mother loves her or at least did until she started working and wasn't around during the day, but yeah, this is the Mecca to Oprahism, many try to pretend that she's not there, but they're always the first to be struck down.
Apart from that, all I know about Chicago is that you do Basketball right.
Welcome.
Ah, as it was stated, that was long ago and far away. I hopped off the Bulls bandwagon when they signed Rodman after he had been head stooge of the hated Pistons. Nowadays, I'm only a rabid Cubs' fan, and they haven't done anything right in almost a century. :( ...And to a lesser degree a Hawks fan, who's ownership just sucks.
And thank you for the warm welcome...
-
1. Eff? EFF? What kind of Philboyd Studge writes "Eff"? That fuck*ng guy!
2. Talking about the NBA like it's good basketball is just laughable. What is this "dee - fense" that you speak of? Shit the WNBA is probably better to watch (I guess, I don't watch either.) Why anybody would watch more than the last 14 seconds of an NBA game (and only during the playoff semi-finals) is utterly beyond me. The NBA is the Britney Spears of professional sports.
Chicago does basketball right? Phhht. Come to Kentucky. You'll see basketball done right.
Hey, I'm not used to curse filters...Gotta allow for an adjustment period...I've got a touch of the sailor mouth, you see.
-
Hey, I'm not used to curse filters...Gotta allow for an adjustment period...I've got a touch of the sailor mouth, you see.
Curse filters?
What the fuck*ng fuck are you fuck*ng talking about?
The only words here we can't say are
R
O
B
O
T
S and
P
A
N
T
S
and don't fuck*ng ask why.
p.s. HI!
-
Hey, I'm not used to curse filters...Gotta allow for an adjustment period...I've got a touch of the sailor mouth, you see.
Curse filters?
What the fuck*ng fuck are you fuck*ng talking about?
The only words here we can't say are
R
O
B
O
T
S and
P
A
N
T
S
and don't fuck*ng ask why.
p.s. HI!
For real?
The fuck*ng ***** shit his #####.
Cool, I like it.
-
Every once in a while Jough randomly bans another word but it doesn't last long. There was just one like two weeks ago and I already forget what it was.
-
I just gotta give some props for the Canadian Heritage Moment reference. All sending morse code while Halifax is about to explode, all "Both of you know I canna read a word", Marshall McLuhan blowing students' minds... these are the things I know about my country.