The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: V-Adore on November 03, 2005, 07:10:04 am

Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2005, 07:10:04 am
I think there used to be a thread or two about stuff like this, but:

This thing (http://wso.williams.edu/blog/view?id=2199) feels so Pat it isn't even funny.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 07:14:29 am
I recently emailed a Craigslist poster about a book club. She sent me a list of their RULES, for gods sake. A BOOK club.

Quote from: "I Doubt Your Commitment To SparkleMotion!"
Quality members
craigslist, great as it is, attracts flaky people with short attention spans. so much wasted time with people who replied to an ad, and then... nothing. Flaky isn't a strong enough word... This may be part of the problem here - some people on that mail may had an impulse to read one day and though it vanished after they sent the first email are still on this list. Lets be a little more selective and only spend time on people who want to be members

If you don't reply - NOW - and say they want to part of the book club - poof they're gone
If they say they want to part of the book club - but don't show up, twice, poof they're gone


GONE! YOU'VE BEEN BANNED FROM DA BOOK CLUB!
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 08:17:34 am
3 beers in one hour!?! At a college, and institution of learning?

The outrage!
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2005, 01:29:16 pm
Quote from: "Emmoh"
3 beers in one hour!?! At a college, and institution of learning?

The outrage!

AT A PARTY, too. Three beers, in one hour, at a party. I personally cannot contain my disgust and horror at this news.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: arkabee on November 03, 2005, 01:56:58 pm
3 beers in one hour in one pong game.

WHO WILL TEACH THE CHILDREN OF TOMORROW THE WAYS OF THE DISTANT PAST OF BEER PONG!?

noone thinks of the children.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 03, 2005, 03:12:59 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"

noone thinks of the children.


I think of the children, and that's exactly why I drink.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: andalucia on November 03, 2005, 03:17:13 pm
And scroll down a tad...

Quote
marijuana use has been shown to cause violent behavior and rampant sex-mania, and i think is more of a problem than campus binge drinking because it is illegal, and stimulates the black market, which obviously supports south american narco-terrorists.


Reefer Madness!!!!!
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 03:24:28 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
.

Quote
marijuana use has been shown to cause violent behavior and rampant sex-mania..



Rampant sex-mania?! Man, I've been smoking the wrong shit.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: aparrish on November 03, 2005, 03:59:33 pm
Quote from: "future president of the prohibition party"
students drink just to get drunk


I remember when I used to drink just to get drunk.  Now that I'm out of school, I have to drink just to get through the day.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 03, 2005, 06:05:56 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "future president of the prohibition party"
students drink just to get drunk


I remember when I used to drink just to get drunk.  Now that I'm out of school, I have to drink just to get through the day.


Ya, no shit, and you have to be so careful to get to a certain point (and no further) and maintain it...it's a real challenge.

Plus all the gum and tictacs
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Skillator on November 03, 2005, 06:10:45 pm
I don't have to drink to have a good time. I just have to drink.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 06:37:42 pm
My mom thinks we're alcoholics because we have a bar approaching 50 different varieties of booze. Every time she's over, I catch her eyeballing the counter, wondering where her boy done wrong.

I typically drink about 2-3 drinks a week. This week, though, it's been pretty steady at 1 a day because it helps me sleep.

And because, god dammit, Jack Daniel is like the father I never had.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 07:28:55 pm
I can't believe that that thing is typed in actual seriousness. Marijuana SEX MADNESS. In my experience, it's more like Marijuana SEX DISINTEREST AND/OR INABILITY.

NOTE- It APPEARS this has been a CLEVER RUSE by Mr. Geoffrey! WELL PLAYED, OLD MAN!
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: miles on November 03, 2005, 08:41:12 pm
Yeah, this is a joke, right?

Anyway, it reminded me of this kid in my neighborhood growing up.  He and his family were Mega-Christian.  You know what I mean.  Really nice kid and all.  One time, he was telling my cousin and me about how his mom turned on the radio in the car:  "And it was Rock 'n' Roll!  Guffaw, guffaw!"  Luckily, even though Satan had his foot in the door, she changed the station quickly and slammed the door on his foot.

That voice was exactly how I heard this line: "...I saw someone drink close to 3 beers in an hour!"
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: arkabee on November 03, 2005, 11:07:01 pm
i thought someone would bite, my bad.

am i the only one with any collegiate beer pong experience?

because, quite frankly, the thought that someone drank three beers in an hour of playing beer pong is indescribably weak.  was he watching children play beer pong?  people drink 3 beers before they SERVE in beer pong.  people drink 3 beers in the time it takes to SAY "beer pong".

where is this "gentleman" attending college, We Only Have Three Beers Total University?
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: V-Adore on November 04, 2005, 01:16:00 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I can't believe that that thing is typed in actual seriousness. Marijuana SEX MADNESS. In my experience, it's more like Marijuana SEX DISINTEREST AND/OR INABILITY.

NOTE- It APPEARS this has been a CLEVER RUSE by Mr. Geoffrey! WELL PLAYED, OLD MAN!

Yeah, it appears to have just been a lame pseudo-Pat troll. Our college blogs get a lot of those, because we're bored and sad, mostly.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Bozack on November 04, 2005, 05:44:05 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, it appears to have just been a lame pseudo-Pat troll. Our college blogs get a lot of those, because we're bored and sad, mostly.

You know, when I was a kid, everyone promised me that, when I got to college, the best years of my life would start. And seeing things like this, I'm starting to conclude that the years after college must be a living hell.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: jough on November 04, 2005, 07:06:38 am
You know, it's hard NOT to be like Pat sometimes.

I'm beta testing a video transcoding program called "Lathe" - basically it will take a ripped DVD file or a large avi and re-encode it for portable devices.  Its code base is taken from an open source program I've been using for years called Pocket Divx Encoder.  So I bought Lathe, and the first version was missing features from the freeware PDE!

I gave them a bug list of a dozen things wrong with the first version, and they fixed all but one of them and put out a new version.

The problem is, the new version created a bunch of new bugs in features that were working properly (or at least, *more* properly) in the previous version!

So I posted a bug list on their forums:

http://www.omniquiti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116

and the developers reply very defensively.  They seem to resent that I've found bugs in their software.

I'm also, of course, amazed at the positive feedback they're getting, even from people who post things like "Well, it crashes on me four out of five times, and it messes up the video so the sound is out of sync, but I love it anyway!!!!!"

Anyway, these people are obviously very young and don't have a lot of experience with customer service.  But it's like beating your head against the wall to try to get them to even acknowledge an easily repeatable bug or problem with the software.  What the hell can you do when you tell them their software burned down your house and they tell you that they like it better that way?
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 04, 2005, 04:26:38 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
am i the only one with any collegiate beer pong experience?


Hells no.  I was the beer pong MASTER.  I wish I had video of the night I knocked a dude's half-filled cup off the table with an overhand smash.  It was RIGHTEOUS.

And yeah, three beers in an hour would have been considered nursing it 'round about my junior year.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: V-Adore on November 04, 2005, 04:54:37 pm
Quote from: "jough"
You know, it's hard NOT to be like Pat sometimes.
(extensive frustrating-sounding beta-testing story)

I think it's a question of appropriateness of Patness, really. For example, beta-testing software... well, you're supposed to be critical and incisive. Your job is to bitch. It's the only way the program is ever going to not suck, and you've been basically been asked to Pat out at it. That I don't have a problem. I have a problem with it when it's unprovoked and reasonless, and especially if its only purpose is making other people miserable.
Title: Pat Sighting!
Post by: arkabee on November 04, 2005, 09:33:06 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, it appears to have just been a lame pseudo-Pat troll. Our college blogs get a lot of those, because we're bored and sad, mostly.

You know, when I was a kid, everyone promised me that, when I got to college, the best years of my life would start. And seeing things like this, I'm starting to conclude that the years after college must be a living hell.



hey, uh, bozack, QUCIK LOOK OVER THERE AT THE BUNNY, HAPPY HAPPY BUNNY LOOK LOOK!!!