The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: misterqueue on November 03, 2005, 09:39:17 am

Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: misterqueue on November 03, 2005, 09:39:17 am
Is that look on Ray's face concern at the end or is he just a little worried that the whole tv viewing audience has just caught him being a negligent guardian?
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 09:41:37 am
I like that he finds the need to press his nose against the cam, also, that apparently his nose makes a honking noise when smooshed.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Ben-San on November 03, 2005, 09:53:51 am
I believe that honk is actually LN trying to get Ray to stop blocking the camera.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 10:24:23 am
I love how the automatic assumption, for us and Ray, is that Pat is going to tell him the news, except Pat is a jackass and just wants a ride to the store.
I think this is an awesome way for Ray to learn of Lil Nef's nefarious schemes.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2005, 01:32:15 pm
I like the lack of resolution; it seems entirely unclear as to whether Ray has actually recognized the car, or whether he's just embarrassed for stepping into a Weird Situation. And yes, the Pat phone switch-up is also funny. Furthermore, so is the concept of "I LOVE YOU," the Ray Smuckles masterwork.

Lots of funny concepts in this one.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Null on November 03, 2005, 01:36:34 pm
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Dr. Sodomy on November 03, 2005, 01:53:43 pm
Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


I thought the same thing.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: arkabee on November 03, 2005, 01:54:41 pm
BBRRILLIIAANNTT!!!!!!!!
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 02:51:49 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
I believe that honk is actually LN trying to get Ray to stop blocking the camera.


Dammit, you're totally right...3:30 in the morning clearly is not my prime time for online comic comprehensive reading.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 03, 2005, 03:08:31 pm
WHAT IF LN IS DRIVING PAT'S HONDA CIVIC AND THAT'S WHY PAT NEEDS A RIDE?!?  Sorry for the all caps, but that's like some JJ Abrams plot twist biz and I feel like maybe I'm watching LOST and reading Achewood at the same time.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Paisley on November 03, 2005, 03:13:44 pm
Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


Well, I wouldn't tell Pat where I was. Would you?
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: EgoSumNoah on November 03, 2005, 04:09:46 pm
Pat should just get a piggy back ride from Nice Pete.

Actually seeing something happen at that lake makes one realize just how disgusting a 1 inch/hour descent into a lake with a civic is.

I love how everyone in Ray's life knew this was going on for days (even Lyle), and Ray did not.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: jough on November 03, 2005, 04:24:53 pm
IT IS FUNNY BECAUSE THE CAT IS OBLIVIOUS

GET IT?

GET IT?
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Lister on November 03, 2005, 04:29:07 pm
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: robot_roll_call on November 03, 2005, 04:56:46 pm
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


Oh man, me too. That fuck*ng song.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 04:59:54 pm
For some reason I want to say McCartney was involved...or somebody who sounded alot like him...

Edit: Yep - a little Googling, it's a song he wrote called "Silly Love Songs"...you can say that again. Disgusting. The man was a damn Beatle.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: antioch on November 03, 2005, 05:07:59 pm
The hell-escape loophole that Ray exploited may have in some way damaged his song writing ability.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2005, 05:18:25 pm
Quote from: "antioch"
The hell-escape loophole that Ray exploited may have in some way damaged his song writing ability.

Well, "(Everybody Dance Like There's) Ass In Your #####" was no great masterwork either.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: antioch on November 03, 2005, 05:40:22 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "antioch"
The hell-escape loophole that Ray exploited may have in some way damaged his song writing ability.

Well, "(Everybody Dance Like There's) Ass In Your ******" was no great masterwork either.


 TOUAMB remix! *****s dance like there's barbed in your #####!
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 03, 2005, 05:56:36 pm
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Skillator on November 03, 2005, 05:57:14 pm
Do Americans have Sharon Lois and Brahm?
The "I looove you" reminded me of the Elephant show...
That is a children's program from the eighties. There was an elephant and those three idiots sang songs and danced around. It was pretty awful, but it was way better than Blue's Clues or Barney.
If you get a chance download "the elephant song" it will have that line.
It may also be called "Skinnamarinkydinkydink"

wow

I am ashamed of my youth.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: mudokon on November 03, 2005, 06:13:56 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
Do Americans have Sharon Lois and Brahm?
The "I looove you" reminded me of the Elephant show...


Man, seriously. I read this strip in the morning and that immediately came to mind, and that song has now been stuck in my head all day.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 06:16:26 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
Do Americans have Sharon Lois and Brahm?


I doubt we could have lasted this long as a nation WITHOUT Sharon, Lois, and Bram.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Null on November 03, 2005, 10:04:15 pm
Quote from: "Paisley"
Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


Well, I wouldn't tell Pat where I was. Would you?


That's a good thought.  It kind of reminds me of the Achewood golf course.  "Ray, I'm cleaning the kitchen, hard to hear you over the soap bubbles!"
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Null on November 03, 2005, 10:06:21 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.


Yesterday?  Well, if yesterday was June 18, all his troubles would be far away.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Skillator on November 03, 2005, 10:24:40 pm
ZING!

The Encyclopedia of Rock states that McCartney's Birthday was June 18 1942.

George Harrison had some weird shit with his birthday where he thought it was one day and then when he got older, he found out it was another. That is PRETTY WAAACKY!
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 03, 2005, 10:46:20 pm
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.


Yesterday?  Well, if yesterday was June 18, all his troubles would be far away.


Was yesterday not his birthday? I must have stumbled upon something old and read it yesterday.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 11:33:06 pm
On a reread of the strip, I think Ray's facial expression is just him trying to put all the pieces together. "A webcam, pointed into the lake. Little Nephew, sitting in a car. Honking to get me out of the way of the webcam. Everyone (well, almost everyone) telling me to watch the news. Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. See. The. Connection. Here. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09112003)"
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Null on November 04, 2005, 06:03:01 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Lister"
The Ray expressions are a source of unending delight for me.

And the song reminds me of a horrid soul/pop song from the mid eighties when I listened to horrid soul/pop songs, but the only line I know is "I loooooooooove youuuuuuuuu!" and a trumpet line behind it.  This is a situation.


The first thing that came to my mind was "Silly Love Songs" by Sir Paul and Wings.

Sir Paul turned 64 yesterday - he'll have to change the words of one of his other songs now.


Yesterday?  Well, if yesterday was June 18, all his troubles would be far away.


Was yesterday not his birthday? I must have stumbled upon something old and read it yesterday.


I'm also a Gemini and I think it says somewhere important that Geminis are obsessed with who else is a Gemini, also DAMN IT the cat is awake.  I'll wrap this up by saying Paul was June 18.  And he was the walrus.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Golfhaus on November 04, 2005, 06:14:01 pm
Quote from: "Null"
I'm also a Gemini and I think it says somewhere important that Geminis are obsessed with who else is a Gemini, also DAMN IT the cat is awake.


You mean that's something that's unique to us and not something EVERYONE does? Huh. Who knew.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 04, 2005, 09:54:26 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "Null"
I'm also a Gemini and I think it says somewhere important that Geminis are obsessed with who else is a Gemini, also DAMN IT the cat is awake.


You mean that's something that's unique to us and not something EVERYONE does? Huh. Who knew.

Judging by today's lunchtime conversation, Leos are also pretty obsessed with it. As a Virgo, I can say that we're sanguine about it (since, as a friend so cogently explained to me once, our sign makes us not believe in astrology).
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: misterqueue on November 05, 2005, 01:18:29 am
As a fierce pisces I have to say lollyworks dreamland poppynook inna freeza and woooooooo
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 05, 2005, 01:21:48 am
Quote from: "misterqueue"
As a fierce pisces I have to say lollyworks dreamland poppynook inna freeza and woooooooo

hove some dignity
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: pmcd9 on November 05, 2005, 02:21:14 am
All Capricorns like me, Jesus and Elvis think we are God.

~Paul
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: pmcd9 on November 05, 2005, 02:24:24 am
I love how Ray's song reminds everybody of another song, but not the same one.

I wouldn't say that Ray has lost his gift, rather he was a success because the charts are packed to the gills with pure shit.*

~Paul


*I love Silly Love Songs, what's wrong with that?
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: robot_god on November 05, 2005, 08:06:50 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
All Capricorns like me, Jesus and Elvis think we are God.

~Paul


Amen.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: misterqueue on November 05, 2005, 08:07:50 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
As a fierce pisces I have to say lollyworks dreamland poppynook inna freeza and woooooooo

hove some dignity


What's that?


Not dignity.. just hove... :P
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 05, 2005, 08:42:11 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
As a fierce pisces I have to say lollyworks dreamland poppynook inna freeza and woooooooo

hove some dignity


What's that?


Not dignity.. just hove... :P

Sorry, it's a reference to some ancient board history. Long ago, some dude made several posts very blatantly drunk; among his other quotes was the masterwork phrase "hove some dignity." It got used a lot for the next few weeks.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 06, 2005, 01:35:06 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
All Capricorns like me, Jesus and Elvis think we are God.

~Paul


Jesus is allowed.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: misterqueue on November 06, 2005, 05:19:24 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Sorry, it's a reference to some ancient board history. Long ago, some dude made several posts very blatantly drunk; among his other quotes was the masterwork phrase "hove some dignity." It got used a lot for the next few weeks.


Ah.. now THAT is funny.. or it would be if I wasn't a board newb who needed inside jokes explained.

Sigh... when does the feeling pass?!
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2005, 06:54:12 am
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Sorry, it's a reference to some ancient board history. Long ago, some dude made several posts very blatantly drunk; among his other quotes was the masterwork phrase "hove some dignity." It got used a lot for the next few weeks.


Ah.. now THAT is funny.. or it would be if I wasn't a board newb who needed inside jokes explained.

Sigh... when does the feeling pass?!

Well, it's an old-as-hell joke. I may be the last one to remember it, truth be told. No worries.

You are a rad friend! You... are... rad!
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 06, 2005, 07:07:42 am
I don't remember it.

CJ?
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: jough on November 06, 2005, 08:31:32 am
Yeah, I think V-Adore pulled that one out of her rectum damn near killed 'em.

She should CJ examples of this "in-joke" DUE TO PUNISHMENT.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: miles on November 06, 2005, 09:55:50 am
I looked for the post, and did find it, but do I have to look it up again to provide the link?  Really?  Ok.  One second.

Here (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=15318#15318) you go.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 06, 2005, 09:58:00 am
I think that may just be the saddest thing.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: miles on November 06, 2005, 10:00:08 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I think that may just be the saddest thing.


I'm sorry?
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2005, 09:29:45 pm
Okay, okay, I get it.

My shame will last forever.
Title: 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
Post by: Bozack on November 06, 2005, 10:27:17 pm
Wait...was I around then? I think so.....
WEIRD.