The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on November 03, 2005, 03:00:04 pm

Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 03, 2005, 03:00:04 pm
I am probably going to get an enormous amount of shit from everyone here for admitting that I do not like the Clash (there, I said it), but I am a big fan of middle eastern music. I find that I do like the mixture of western guitars and melodies once you add the arabic drums and egyptian string choir:

Rock El Casbah (http://www.m-1.us/rachid_taha-rock_el_casbah-just.mp3)
Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 03:05:31 pm
Well, now it's only a matter of time until the Pakastani Will Smith uses this to make a horrible rap song.

This is pretty cool though.
Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: andalucia on November 03, 2005, 03:11:44 pm
this is pretty old.

But still cool.
Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 03, 2005, 03:14:25 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
this is pretty old.

But still cool.


Is it? Sorry :(
Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: jough on November 03, 2005, 05:27:08 pm
Yeah, thanks for the stale download, BOBBY.
Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 06:42:01 pm
What next, OH L00K THIS GUY HAS MADE A PAGE WITH PICTURES OF MR. T AND SPEECH BUBBLES TALKING ABOUT TESTICLE-EATING!

That being said, this MP3 was new to me, Bobby. And you're right, it adds a certain something. I'm not a huge Clash fan, either, with the notable exception of "London Calling," which I love. I'm just as much a fan of Big Audio Dynamite as I am of The Clash.
Title: Re: Rock El Casbah
Post by: Bozack on November 03, 2005, 07:31:25 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
...I do not like the Clash (there, I said it)...


This fuckin' guy.

But yeah, cool, and I haven't heard this before. Good times.
Title: Rock El Casbah
Post by: slink on November 03, 2005, 07:38:04 pm
Geesh. I've had the album this is off for months now. Find me something new damnit!

('Tis a damned good album by the way - Tekitoi)