The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 07:20:05 pm

Title: Whistlecore
Post by: Golfhaus on November 03, 2005, 07:20:05 pm
Lock up the women and children... hide the liquor... it's time for Whistlecore (http://www.myspace.com/whistlecore).
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: Emmoh on November 03, 2005, 07:34:32 pm
Now I need some new trousers.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2005, 07:58:52 pm
Thank you for finally providing concrete proof for why MySpace is wrong and must be stopped.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 04, 2005, 02:27:26 am
I have yet to listen to the music, but looking at the songs I see that the internet has co-opted something wonderful for a dumb joke. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/llama54545/HEY1.jpg
The Ghetto Tooth Fairy? No, my friends. This is Bob The Ambassador of Joy/Mirth. He originally did his thing in affluent areas of St. Louis' Central West-End. He's a former flight attendant who was layed off after Sept. 11. The rumor is that his partner is very wealthy and so he doesn't have to work. There's nothing ghetto about him. Rumor also has it that he started lashing out at people and was run out of town, but he claims otherwise.

Here's an Atlanta account of him:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/0305/31batonbob.html
A St. Louis account:
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~gaknott/jamerson.html
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: Bozack on November 04, 2005, 05:46:42 am
Because of your link, every dog in my neighborhood is going mad, attacking small children.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: pmcd9 on November 04, 2005, 07:59:23 am
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: misterqueue on November 04, 2005, 01:43:35 pm
Actually, I live in St. Louis and saw him 3 times.  Once wearing a Tutu, Once in full Bride regalia, and once in a sort of witch's outfit.

When he was in the Bride's dress I saw 3 hoss cops talking to him, but it didn't seem like he was being hassled at the time; but since I was only passing in my car I can't be sure.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: acoxcae on November 04, 2005, 01:44:52 pm
I used to live in St. Louis, and saw him while I was in the West End dining at a particularly nice restaurant - there I was, eating something delicious and ridiculously overpriced, and here comes Bob, wearing white rhinestone-studded cowboy boots, a tutu, and twirling a baton.  I'm lucky I didn't spew fettucini all over the table.

After dinner, however, we got the scoop, and it turns out that that's basically what he does, and that's awesome.

Bob is awesome.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: miles on November 04, 2005, 05:19:00 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Thank you for finally providing concrete proof for why MySpace is wrong and must be stopped.


Apparently there is a MySpace tour.  Which is kind of weird.

Also, Whistlecore has over 500 friends.  THEY AREN'T YOUR FRIENDS, MAN.  THEY ARE INTERNET FRIEND WHORES.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: antioch on November 04, 2005, 10:31:28 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I have yet to listen to the music, but looking at the songs I see that the internet has co-opted something wonderful for a dumb joke.


I don't think it's the fault of the internet, but rather this LANCE fellow who made the recordings. Myspace is kind of like Internet jr, though.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: Emmoh on November 04, 2005, 11:05:24 pm
At a risk of alienating my Lost Dog butt, I've got to dissent from the pack here.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul


In most cases, I would agree with you, with the qualifier being that then if it's stupid, then they really look like pretentious jackasses.

But I see it as a satire of a genre that desperately needs a little come-uppance right now. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and giving the kid too much credit, but I thought it was hilarious.
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 04, 2005, 11:11:42 pm
Quote from: "Emmoh"
At a risk of alienating my Lost Dog butt, I've got to dissent from the pack here.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul


In most cases, I would agree with you, with the qualifier being that then if it's stupid, then they really look like pretentious jackasses.

But I see it as a satire of a genre that desperately needs a little come-uppance right now. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and giving the kid too much credit, but I thought it was hilarious.


Oh, you dumb fucker! And you were doing so well up to now...
Title: Whistlecore
Post by: Emmoh on November 04, 2005, 11:13:48 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
At a risk of alienating my Lost Dog butt, I've got to dissent from the pack here.

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This kinda shit is only interesting if the people doing it are being sincere.  I doubt that's the case here.

~Paul


In most cases, I would agree with you, with the qualifier being that then if it's stupid, then they really look like pretentious jackasses.

But I see it as a satire of a genre that desperately needs a little come-uppance right now. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and giving the kid too much credit, but I thought it was hilarious.


Oh, you dumb fucker! And you were doing so well up to now...


 :( Dammit. It's always the music board for me. Always my undoing.  :cry: