The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 29, 2003, 03:49:11 am
-
I admit it.
From the heavy duty, hand rolled Indian (w/dot, w/o feather) stuff to the kind you get at Target, I love the stuff. I have for at least 20 years.
Does this make me: a) decadent or b) lame or c) an awkwardly aging hippie?
Perhaps I should ax Ray.
-
I love the nasty stench of nog chompa.
-
mrs|Choop isn't nearly the incense fan that I am, so she's got me burning -gasp!- scented candles to mask the lovely tobacco aroma which ...erm, occurs naturally?
anyway, she found these candles that cost like fifteen bucks apiece and she LOVES them. she'd buy them even if I weren't a smoker. but damn, fifteen bucks APIECE?
-
I've always heard that only STONERS like incense. I'm judging you, from the marshlands.
-
[OT]
You know, Choop, I didn't realise that you were the owner of 10Mar2001.com (your wedding day?), which is our #1 referrer.
GO CHOOP! WHOOP, WHOOP.
Also, I should note that I too read Zeldman, Textism, and Waferbaby regularly. You big geek, you.
[/OT]
-
March 10th. My birthday. :)
-
I've always heard that only STONERS like incense. I'm judging you, from the marshlands.
Judge me. But no I have liked incense since I was a kid. But then I was a stoner since I was...
My parents (well, mother) used to burn it til my dad stopped coping with smoke of any kind.
It has since been a good way to mask that tobacco stench, and was useful for masking weed when the old man downstairs at my old flat used to call the cops out for noise problems weekly (they hated him as much as us!).
-
I like the smell of pipe tobacco more than incense, even though I don't (yet) smoke a pipe. I used to smoke cigarettes, though, and that smell just permeates everything. Now I find incense is kind of annoying smell; not as bad as that shit-smelling stench unwashed deadheads roll around in
[hifidelity]GET YOUR PATCHOULI STINK OUT OF MY STORE![/hifidelity].
I don't mind some) scented candles. $15.00 a pop is a lot for something you're going to burn. I'm guessing she justifies it against the cost of the cigarettes themselves.
Incense strikes me as a college thing - the pseudo-hippie-intellectual thing, the bead curtains from the headshop, rolled up wet towels jammed into the crack under the door. Life used to be awesome a LOT more than it is now.
-
[OT]
You know, Choop, I didn't realise that you were the owner of 10Mar2001.com (your wedding day?), which is our #1 referrer.
GO CHOOP! WHOOP, WHOOP.
Also, I should note that I too read Zeldman, Textism, and Waferbaby regularly. You big geek, you.[/OT]
jough, it's not that I refer a lot of people to your site. I just check for new posts here TOO FREAKING OFTEN (especially without posting).
'Tis a shame Dean hasn't updated Textism in over a month. Zeldman's good, an old habit, and Waferbaby's fantastic: a geek who lives life! soccer (football) and all that! excellent! plus, the custom stylesheets.
And yes, 10mar2001 is my wedding date.
For those not in the know, the top referrer to achewood.plagiarist.com is http://www.10mar2001.com/start/. It's a small but heartfelt gift to my wife.
-
Since we're talking about dates, I'd like to point out that tomorrow is R. Crumb, Cameron Diaz, Jean-Claude Killy, and Huey P. Long's birthday.
Also, mine.