The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_roll_call on November 09, 2005, 07:45:27 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11092005
Uh oh, Showbiz is back in town. This can only end in a death.
-
Note that his bag is full of Hunt's Ketchup packets... he's too poor for Heinz Ketchup packets.
A: Because their boyfriends eat with their hats on
-
Well, I'll have to say, that is pretty shocking.
Think about it! We'll party!
-
So is that truly a four-sided sign, or does Showbiz have another sinister purpose for what is truly a wine bottle divider and disguised it as a four-sided sign?
Also, does it look like he's all twitchy whenever he manipulates the sign? If that was not Onstad's intent, that's how it came across to me.
-
Only 8 dollars? Sign me up!
-
Did anyone else get the raised eyebrow in the last panel, Showbiz is just so impressed with his own business acumen (did I just make that up? is that even a word?).
-
Yes acumen is a word... I took it not so much as impressed, but like a magician unveiling the final non-location of his lovely assistant.
This is "The Entertainer" after all.
The real question is why the hell anyone would need so much mustard and ketchup in packets. I guess even the homeless can find fries on the side of the road.
-
I wonder if Showbiz was inspired by Jaime on that moustache.
-
I guess body mics are working again. No Ray. No Ray?!
Panel ... 12: check out the detail on that divider. TWIP!
-
I think the eyebrow in the last panel is more of an "if you think you can handle it" face.
Otherwise, neat idea. But yeah, I sense Beef being down a non-trivial amount of money before the 'biz leaves town.
-
Showbiz's expressions actually complement the sign's various messages. For the homeless portions, he looks as innocent and harmless as can be, while his lascivious leer at the end matches his promise to tell you the shocking (sexual?!) reason cowgirls walk bowlegged.
-
The four-sided sign is actually a better idea than I would have expected from Showbiz. Gasp, shock, etc.
I call shenanigans in the days to come.
-
Bring back Ray!
-
I used to live in an area with hella' panhandlers, and one guy was so good with his signs. My two favorite of his were: Help me become a Jedi Knight! (I saw him get loads of cash off that one) and the far more performance-arty "Kick-A-Punk: $2" he would cower on the street, and cringe really hard when anyone approached, holding out his hand. I saw lots of conflicted people, giving him money, then embarassedly explaining that they really didn't want to kick him, but I also saw people pay and kick him, and a business man who payed him then smack/punched him, then the punk got angry shouting "It's 'kick-a-punk' not 'hit-a-punk, yolu jerk!"
Also, wonderful was the obese guy who always begged in traffic, with his "Cold, Broke, But Not Hungry Cause I'm Fat" sign. Honesty, people.
-
Finally, a break from Ray's package.
-
Finally, a break from Ray's package.
Maybe we'll get more blog-based updates on the state of his wang.
-
This can only end in a death.
I wonder if Showbiz was inspired by Jaime on that moustache.
Those two observations immediately made me realize the end of this Showbiz stint.
Digging that sign innovation though, hope he sells the patent for good money to pay off Rockford Fosgate before he's struck down.
-
I wonder if Showbiz was inspired by Jaime on that moustache.
some combination of Jaime the Science Friend and Mantonio
-
things
Dude your avatar makes me giggle with glee.
I don't like Showbiz at all. Even "HELLA YELLIN' ABOUT THE SEX".
-
But who would Showbiz be marketing this to? Actual panhandlers or small-time hustlers who augment their illegal income by their phony panhandling?
Yeah mull that one over for awhile, why don't you?
-
Most creative sign I ever saw:
"Aliens stole girlfriend. Need $15 for spaceship."
I still didn't give him money, but I considered it. This was a big step.
-
If a homeless person has a funny sign, he hasn't been homeless that long. A REAL homeless person is too hungry to be funny.
-
Real homeless people can have funny signs, but that's only due to odd word useage, phrasing and terrible spelling caused by their terrible hunger and desparation. Like seeing some guy with a mountain-man-type beard wearing a threadbare parka and jeans that have gone shiny with grease standing at a street corner holding up a ragged piece of cardboard that reads "PLEAZE to Be HELPING".
I tend to distrust the homeless guys with "funny" signs more than I do the ones with crazed looks in their eyes who talk to imaginary people.
-
Real homeless people can have funny signs, but that's only due to odd word useage, phrasing and terrible spelling caused by their terrible hunger and desparation. Like seeing some guy with a mountain-man-type beard wearing a threadbare parka and jeans that have gone shiny with grease standing at a street corner holding up a ragged piece of cardboard that reads "PLEAZE to Be HELPING".
Ha! ha! Oh, it is to laugh.
-
God. Who needs a drink.
-
It is to laugh, indeed. Much amusement can be had from the misfortunes of the down and out. I laugh mockingly at them from my hoss-drawn coach, peering at them through my gold-rimmed pince-nez and throwing money to them...only it's "money" from board games. Try to spend THAT on Night Train, you destitute suckers!
Naw, I sympathize really. I happen to be from circumstances myself, you see. I've had it rough. One time, I actually had to eat at a Hardee's.
-
It is to laugh, indeed. Much amusement can be had from the misfortunes of the down and out. I laugh mockingly at them from my hoss-drawn coach, peering at them through my gold-rimmed pince-nez and throwing money to them...only it's "money" from board games. Try to spend THAT on Night Train, you destitute suckers!
Naw, I sympathize really. I happen to be from circumstances myself, you see. I've had it rough. One time, I actually had to eat at a Hardee's.
Ray Smuckles everyone, let's hear it for him.
Remember to tip your waitress.