The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on November 10, 2005, 09:39:44 am

Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: mrchee on November 10, 2005, 09:39:44 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11102005

Awesome strip, perfectly capturing the experience of the host to a grating, annoying, and ultimately unwanted houseguest whom the former cannot evict due to relation and/or ties from childhood.  

Brilliant alt-text

BTW i totally "spawn-camped" this strip.  I am unrepentant about this
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: Doc on November 10, 2005, 10:07:20 am
Indeed, what does one say when someone just continually comes out with horrible, terrible or offensive ideas. To criticise would be over agressive for this actual-human-interaction-shy man of the modern world but damnit do we just have to take it?

In summary: I hate people who think they are idea people.

But the way it just degenerates into near random association (from Beef's point of view at least) by the end is just precious.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: misterqueue on November 10, 2005, 11:16:13 am
I like how he caps his horrible ideas off with a gun-fingery "Pow!" as if to add weight to them since they don't travel much on their own.

Beyond that though Showbiz is pretty much a crap dude.  He makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: LCB on November 10, 2005, 12:55:46 pm
Oh yeah, I've been there. Having to be around somebody linked by blood, who I gotta grit my teeth around and be all patient with as they talk talk talk about things that make me uncomfortable. And a lot of the time it's not so much what they say as how they say it, in a way almost engineered for maximum grating-ness, mundane topics spoken about in the most irritating way.

Then there's the Showbiz method of doing things, which is equal parts obliviousness, cluelessness and totally taking advantage of his close relative. Just a real tacky situation all around. Esepcially the whole "You (blank) this?" bit where a tacky houseguest person picks up something of yours and asks you if it's yours incredulously, or suggests what's wrong with your taste in food or clothes or books, etc. As in, "You read this crap? You just keep it on the coffee table for show right? Or someone else left it here?"
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: misterqueue on November 10, 2005, 01:36:09 pm
Quote from: "LCB"
Various things


I've had this book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312032692/002-6083954-0532809?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance) since I was probably about 14 or so as given to me by my mother.  Since it makes me smile, the battered original copy sits on my coffee table TO THIS DAY!  I cannot tell you how many people have incredulously inquired about it.

Luckily most of my family doesn't come visit me anymore, which is not something I am wont to complain about.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: CortJstr on November 10, 2005, 01:58:40 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
I like how he caps his horrible ideas off with a gun-fingery "Pow!" as if to add weight to them since they don't travel much on their own.

For some reason I can see Ray picking up this habit. Like his using dollar signs when chatting with Beef to express his approval of ideas.

Has anybody ever said, "Let's
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: aparrish on November 10, 2005, 02:18:00 pm
What happened to Biz's moustache in panels five and eight?  Is that whole row supposed to be a flashback or something?  A flashback to his pre-moustache days?
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: misterqueue on November 10, 2005, 02:21:08 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
What happened to Biz's moustache in panels five and eight?  Is that whole row supposed to be a flashback or something?  A flashback to his pre-moustache days?



sometimes Onstad forgets to paste the mustache on Beef's template in Illustrator; the man likes his whiskey.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: V-Adore on November 10, 2005, 03:51:00 pm
The alt-text just wins. Wins so much.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: robot_god on November 10, 2005, 04:38:35 pm
I am glad that I am an only child.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: robot_roll_call on November 10, 2005, 05:07:33 pm
Let's all go to a nude beach! I'm serious!
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: CortJstr on November 10, 2005, 05:11:29 pm
Quote from: "*****_god"
I am glad that I am an only child.

Siblings suck high-five!
Title: Re: 10/11/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: AugustWest on November 10, 2005, 05:16:45 pm
Quote from: "mrchee"

BTW i totally "spawn-camped" this strip.  I am unrepentant about this


What the hell does "spawn-camped" mean?
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: Roger on November 10, 2005, 05:29:59 pm
Is the "camel-fuckers" bit part of Showbiz expressing his opinions on the invasion of Iraq or something related to that?
Title: Re: 10/11/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: misterqueue on November 10, 2005, 05:49:21 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "mrchee"

BTW i totally "spawn-camped" this strip.  I am unrepentant about this


What the hell does "spawn-camped" mean?


Spawn-camping is a gaming term meaning you hide out in a hole and wait for someone to wander by so you can kill them.

It's a negative and cowardly act as far as online gaming is concerned.

So I'm assuming he kept refreshing Achewood till a new comic came out and then posted this immediately; which xlates into: Someone has some serious time on their hands; I mean jeezus.. it's a forum people.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: V-Adore on November 10, 2005, 06:12:21 pm
Quote from: "Roger"
Is the "camel-fuckers" bit part of Showbiz expressing his opinions on the invasion of Iraq or something related to that?

I kind of like it better as a total non sequitur, just a phrase that Showbiz felt the need to throw out there. Bam! (insert finger-guns gesture here)
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: antioch on November 10, 2005, 07:40:34 pm
In panel 8, Beef's head rachets completely backwards. Having RB facing a different direction entirely might have ruined the panel, maybe. Weird.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 10, 2005, 09:20:35 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "aparrish"
What happened to Biz's moustache in panels five and eight?  Is that whole row supposed to be a flashback or something?  A flashback to his pre-moustache days?



sometimes Onstad forgets to paste the mustache on Beef's template in Illustrator; the man likes his whiskey.


There is now a moustache. The whiskey has been beaten by alcohol dehydrogenase.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: LCB on November 10, 2005, 10:04:33 pm
The "Let's go to a nude beach! I'm serious!" followed by Showbiz having drifted off to sleep clinched the strip for me. How many times have any of you had that happen? Like being urged by someone in your circle of friends to just drop everything and run off to say, Tijauana, or go to some Indian casino and blow your payday checks. Then ten minutes later they've almost completely forgotten about it?

All I'm saying is that Onstad is the keenest observer of the human condition in webcomics today.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 10, 2005, 10:43:21 pm
Quote from: "LCB"
The "Let's go to a nude beach! I'm serious!" followed by Showbiz having drifted off to sleep clinched the strip for me. How many times have any of you had that happen? Like being urged by someone in your circle of friends to just drop everything and run off to say, Tijauana, or go to some Indian casino and blow your payday checks. Then ten minutes later they've almost completely forgotten about it?

All I'm saying is that Onstad is the keenest observer of the human condition in webcomics today.


Look you fucker, I'm going to go to Greenland and one day make Tomorrow Chicken, it's just there's a money problem is all...
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: AugustWest on November 11, 2005, 02:14:16 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "LCB"
The "Let's go to a nude beach! I'm serious!" followed by Showbiz having drifted off to sleep clinched the strip for me. How many times have any of you had that happen? Like being urged by someone in your circle of friends to just drop everything and run off to say, Tijauana, or go to some Indian casino and blow your payday checks. Then ten minutes later they've almost completely forgotten about it?

All I'm saying is that Onstad is the keenest observer of the human condition in webcomics today.


Look you fucker, I'm going to go to Greenland and one day make Tomorrow Chicken, it's just there's a money problem is all...


Trapezoid Testicles,  You..Are..Rad
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: Wolfslice on November 11, 2005, 09:45:24 am
I never knew that Beef had the owl-like ability to turn his head a full 180 degrees. (Panel 8 )

I hope to see Molly make an appearance in this storyline, mayble culminating in a Showbiz showdown, so to speak.
Title: 11/10/2005: ...Camel Fuckers!
Post by: Golfhaus on November 11, 2005, 06:14:25 pm
Quote from: "Wolfslice"
I hope to see Molly make an appearance in this storyline, mayble culminating in a Showbiz showdown, so to speak.


That always was my favorite segment of The Price Is Right.