The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 30, 2003, 12:38:10 am

Title: Just as he 'maxed (08-29-03)
Post by: jough on August 30, 2003, 12:38:10 am
Good god this is some funny shit.

So it sounds like Todd, Vlad, Mr. Bear, and Beef are all in the dumbwaiter.

And is putting an ashtray on a girl's back as you take her from behind really all that kinky?  I mean, seriously?

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08292003).
Title: Re: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: slink on August 30, 2003, 12:41:02 am
Quote from: "jough"
Good god this is some funny shit.

So it sounds like Todd, Vlad, Mr. Bear, and Beef are all in the dumbwaiter.

And is putting an ashtray on a girl's back as you take her from behind really all that kinky?  I mean, seriously?


Depends if it has lit cigarettes in it!?!?!?!

And it's the ability to spell your name in smoke that's the kinky bit...
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: jay-ell on August 30, 2003, 12:43:16 am
Oooh, that's definitely Mr. Bear and Vlad.  I think the "KILL THE LIGHT" guy is Blister.  

The ashtray thing is just what I'd expect from you, Jough.  Because, you know.  I know you.  Carnally*.  

*I do not know Jough in the Biblical or in any other sense.  This is what we here in Realityland refer to as "sarcasm."  
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: jough on August 30, 2003, 12:48:57 am
Quote from: "jldunston"

The ashtray thing is just what I'd expect from you, Jough. Because, you know. I know you. Carnally.


Shhhh.  I thought we weren't going to talk about that, you know, in public and stuff.

Dang.  Just don't let Pedro find out. ;)
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: jough on August 30, 2003, 12:49:57 am
The ability to spell your name in smoke (in cursive!) is a talent, not a kink.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: slink on August 30, 2003, 12:54:32 am
Quote from: "jough"
The ability to spell your name in smoke (in cursive!) is a talent, not a kink.


Well, yea, but some talents take on fetishistic sides. I mean, maybe Ray really gets off on the ability. We all know how narcissistic he can be!

[posting while mixing isn't easy and is probably ill-advised]
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: Choop on August 30, 2003, 01:08:44 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
I think the "KILL THE LIGHT" guy is Blister.


GOOD CALL ON THAT

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE READING HIS MIND

OR MAYBE JUST HIS EMAIL


Those voices that we recognize: Todd, Mr. Bear, Vlad.

Potential companions: Blister, Lyle.

Left out: Pat, Teodor, Alternate Ray, Andy, Scrambles, Molly, Mantonio, Penny, Johnny Cash, Alternate Phillipe, French Fry, others.

Time for a poll?
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: side_show on August 30, 2003, 01:19:31 am
what do you mean "alternate" phillipe?
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: jough on August 30, 2003, 01:40:03 am
I think he (she?) means the teen Philippe, as seen in that one strip with the hair in the nachos.  He called Onstad a "fag" but then in subsequent strips Philippe has been back to his old child-like self (and is currently back in 1882).
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 30, 2003, 01:54:16 am
:My Head is Explodin'! That smoke!:

Kinky and I LIKE it! I never did learn how to write my name in smoke. I imagine he's wiggling the ol' hips around spelling his name there, too. That would qualify for kinky too.

I'm glad he didn't burn his name into her back with the cigarette, though. That would be just sick.

I'm not so sure about the flashlight voice being Blister. That dumbwaiter is getting a little crowded. Two more new voices in there and the whole thing is going to fall into the basement.

Any thoughts as to whether Ray is going to put on an exhibition for the dumbwaiter crowd at some point in the future?
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on August 30, 2003, 01:57:54 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "jldunston"
I think the "KILL THE LIGHT" guy is Blister.


GOOD CALL ON THAT

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE READING HIS MIND

OR MAYBE JUST HIS EMAIL


Those voices that we recognize: Todd, Mr. Bear, Vlad.

Potential companions: Blister, Lyle.

Left out: Pat, Teodor, Alternate Ray, Andy, Scrambles, Molly, Mantonio, Penny, Johnny Cash, Alternate Phillipe, French Fry, others.

Time for a poll?


Lucifer.  Can't forget Lucifer.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2003, 02:05:39 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm not so sure about the flashlight voice being Blister. That dumbwaiter is getting a little crowded. Two more new voices in there and the whole thing is going to fall into the basement.

Well, if it is Blister, we at least know he's not adding any weight, being incorporeal and all.

This strip really digs in the idea that Ray has been class, or at least money, for most of his life. You have to wonder how he ended up with the Achewood gang in the first place; how do you go from being a Grand Champion American Curl, all spellin' your name in cursive smoke while you're 'maxin', to being neutered and sitting around on the curb smoking with Beef and Pat?

Also, if my virgin ears are right and "'maxin'" is a new euphemism, Onstad truly is the master of coined slang. This is all.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on August 30, 2003, 02:08:48 am
And "Maxin'" would be derived from what?
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 30, 2003, 02:09:40 am
Quote from: "slink"

[posting while mixing isn't easy and is probably ill-advised]


I don't know how to read this now.
Slink, did you mean "posting while Maxing"?

**PS I think it's shorthand for Climaxing, which is a term they used to use for orgasms back around the time of the Phil Donahue Show I think**
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on August 30, 2003, 02:11:37 am
Oh. Nevermind. Maxed. Right.

God poor Beef.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: slink on August 30, 2003, 02:42:55 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I don't know how to read this now.
Slink, did you mean "posting while Maxing"?

**PS I think it's shorthand for Climaxing, which is a term they used to use for orgasms back around the time of the Phil Donahue Show I think**


*ahem* climaxing while posting? Dude!
No mixing... DJing (though I like to call it mixing because I don't do fuck*ng techno!!!!). I had about 20 seconds left of I think a Soundgarden track and had to get into Tom Waits - Goin Out West real fast!

Oh and to be OT about this - We know that Ray was friends with Beef as kittens, and class doesn't choose your friends when you're young! Well...
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 30, 2003, 03:17:13 am
I figured there was a clean explanation. Did you at least write your name with smoke whilst 'laying track'?
J
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2003, 03:52:17 am
You just know someone's going to try the "posting while 'maxing" idea now. Godspeed, whichever insane 'woody you may be.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: Choop on August 30, 2003, 04:25:20 am
Quote from: "jough"
he (she?)


Though it may not have been clear in any of the posts regarding mrs|Choop, I am indeed, in deed, in need, inneed, intruth, and in truth a "he." I am Choop. The wife (legally and in any other manner) is mrs|Choop, at lesast in board syntax.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: Choop on August 30, 2003, 04:32:54 am
New post, now on topic:

As far as "Alternate Phillipe," I mean the Phillipe that (after his initial time travel) may well visit the times he could have missed, thus aging him four (eighteen? who knows?) days, and going back to experience it all as though he was never there, or at least handn't known then what he knows then (or know now, I'm not quite clear on this myself).

Time travel stories always make me ponder. That's why I studied time travel in college. Major: Time Travel. Minor: French Lit.*


Of course that's not tre. I studied literature NOT AT ALL in college. I'm an HIS/PSC grad from some measly Liberal Arts colege., so don't worry about me putting you out of a job.)

Edit: good Pete was I drinking heavily yesterday.
Title: Re: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: sjlimmer on August 30, 2003, 06:08:46 am
Quote from: "jough"
And is putting an ashtray on a girl's back as you take her from behind really all that kinky?  I mean, seriously?


By itself, probably not.  But making your best friend watch from the shadows of a dumbwaiter at the same time?  It's probably outside of what most people would consider "normal" or "healthy"  (But it's still pretty vanilla)

Besides, healthy is overrated.

I just love the fact the Beef claims that he'd close his eyes and cover his ears, but he still knows all of these details.  And the rest of the gang knew he would...
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: jough on August 30, 2003, 08:28:05 pm
Quote from: "bluebird_of_unhappiness"
And "Maxin'" would be derived from what?


I believe it's a neo-hipster contraction for "cliMAXINg" - which in turn is a slang word meaning to achieve a sexual orgasm.
Title: Re: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: jough on August 30, 2003, 08:32:24 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I just love the fact the Beef claims that he'd close his eyes and cover his ears, but he still knows all of these details.  And the rest of the gang knew he would...


Actually, I think Beef said that he *could* cover his eyes and ears at any time.

But he didn't.

So they asked.
Title: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2003, 12:29:44 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
New post, now on topic:

As far as "Alternate Phillipe," I mean the Phillipe that (after his initial time travel) may well visit the times he could have missed, thus aging him four (eighteen? who knows?) days, and going back to experience it all as though he was never there, or at least handn't known then what he knows then (or know now, I'm not quite clear on this myself).

Time travel stories always make me ponder. That's why I studied time travel in college. Major: Time Travel. Minor: French Lit.*


Of course that's not tre. I studied literature NOT AT ALL in college. I'm an HIS/PSC grad from some measly Liberal Arts colege., so don't worry about me putting you out of a job.)

Edit: good Pete was I drinking heavily yesterday.


Thank you, I figured you meant something other than a ref. to horrible teen Phillipe, as you didn't include "regular" Phillipe in your list.

 I majored in Eng Lit for two years before switching to the far more fun and parent-angering Theatre and Drama dept. from which I graduated, and I can tell you your explaination was far too concise and not nearly as driven by a mix of ego and fear as any Eng. Lit student's would have been.