The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: evan on November 15, 2005, 09:11:38 am

Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: evan on November 15, 2005, 09:11:38 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11152005

Did Showbiz really go to Cozumel or is Roast Beef lying to Ray? Probably the latter, judging mainly by the sheer number of "uh"s.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Emmoh on November 15, 2005, 09:52:44 am
These cats have heard conflicting stories about the girls in Cozumel this time of year.

I read it as Beef was lying to Ray, why?  The look on Beef's face while Ray is singing Showbiz's praises might give a hint.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: mudokon on November 15, 2005, 10:32:19 am
Come on, we've been down this road before. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092003)
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: misterqueue on November 15, 2005, 11:19:45 am
I bet he's still into them Five Large! too.  I wonder what he did with Beef's two G's and change, or did he just buy more rockford fosgates?

Also, the title of this totally should've been "Guy could party with a Dutch Oven if he wanted to".  Just a tip from me to you my Internet friends.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: wombat on November 15, 2005, 12:14:15 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"


Also, the title of this totally should've been "Guy could party with a Dutch Oven if he wanted to".  Just a tip from me to you my Internet friends.


Correct.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: theinevitable on November 15, 2005, 12:22:53 pm
I would say that, personally, that once I pay off my debt to a company, I buy something large/expensive from them. As kind of a little thank you present.
It may sound strange to you, but, that's just how classy people like me and Showbiz roll.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: LCB on November 15, 2005, 12:39:19 pm
So, Showbiz still owes Rockford Fosgate. Will Beef confront Showbiz?

Probably. Dealing with a Showbiz-type has it's breaking point, and finding out he still owes on a debt he should have at least partly paid off is one of those. All the other bad houseguest stuff gets met with "Uh Ok whatever" and then BOOM.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Doc on November 15, 2005, 01:55:16 pm
Somehow I don't think Showbiz is coming back for a while.
I guess there will always need to be guys who buy magazines about car stereos.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: V-Adore on November 15, 2005, 02:14:04 pm
The idea of Ray knowing the moods of the girls of Cozumel right off the top of his head strikes me as the funniest thing about today's.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: CortJstr on November 15, 2005, 02:22:06 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The idea of Ray knowing the moods of the girls of Cozumel right off the top of his head strikes me as the funniest thing about today's.

Ray can also list the top 10 party schools and the last 5 spring break hot spots.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: evan on November 15, 2005, 02:32:59 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Also, the title of this totally should've been "Guy could party with a Dutch Oven if he wanted to".  Just a tip from me to you my Internet friends.

You know what, I totally had that typed in but I decided to go the philosophical route instead. Was it the wrong thing to do? I guess we'll all find out, one day.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: AugustWest on November 15, 2005, 03:31:27 pm
Um, did Ray always have such a prominent navel?
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: jough on November 15, 2005, 04:18:13 pm
Onstad's getting sloppy (getting?).
I know he likes to re-use panels, because that leaves more time for drinking, beating his wife, and reading the phone book, but the last time Showbiz received a letter it was the third notice (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01142003) and now it's the third notice... again.

Oh man, that inattention to detail just made this strip completely suck.

F---------- WOULD NOT READ AGAIN
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: misterqueue on November 15, 2005, 04:27:59 pm
Quote from: "evan"

You know what, I totally had that typed in but I decided to go the philosophical route instead. Was it the wrong thing to do? I guess we'll all find out, one day.


It is okay Evan, I do not hold it against you.

YOU.ARE.RAD
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Emmoh on November 15, 2005, 04:28:59 pm
I'm subscribing to the Showbiz went back into debt to the loansharks at Rockford and Fosgate again. Even if that aforementioned letter was first notice, that's only 2 additional notices over the last 3 years. That would be extremely patient for a collections department.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Skillator on November 15, 2005, 05:38:02 pm
I really, really love the panel where Ray is just pointing at the letter showing beef where it is.
It is my favorite panel this week*.


*note: it is only tuesday
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: aparrish on November 15, 2005, 07:20:44 pm
It's a well-known fact that Rockford Fosgate doesn't have pre-printed envelopes for any notice after the third.  It's a cost-saving measure.

Anyway, if it's the same debt, I'd've figured they'd've sold it off to some bastard collection agency by now.  If Onstad's getting lazy, it's not his attention continuity that's being affected - it's his ability to come up with novel  ways to illustrate that Showbiz is kind of a dope.  ("The ol' Rockford Fosgate bit!  Nothin' beats that.")
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: aparrish on November 15, 2005, 07:51:11 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
I really, really love the panel where Ray is just pointing at the letter showing beef where it is.
It is my favorite panel this week*.


*note: it is only tuesday


I, too, enjoyed that panel, almost as much as I enjoyed the final two panels in Ray and MENSA (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10172005).  And so:

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure (http://adamparrish.warped.com/images/herestheletter.gif)

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: misterqueue on November 15, 2005, 08:21:09 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
And so:

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure (http://adamparrish.warped.com/images/herestheletter.gif)

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  

Yay!
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Skillator on November 15, 2005, 10:54:27 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
I, too, enjoyed that panel, almost as much as I enjoyed the final two panels in Ray and MENSA (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10172005).  And so:

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure (http://adamparrish.warped.com/images/herestheletter.gif)

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while


Thank you for being the light of my days... you and crying while eating have truly gotten me through hard times this afternoon.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Factitious on November 16, 2005, 12:13:39 am
Quote from: "misterqueue"


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  


Why would he lick the envelope after taking it out of his mailbox?
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Emmoh on November 16, 2005, 01:56:03 am
Quote from: "Factitious"
Quote from: "misterqueue"


Heh.. if I read it forwards and then backwards (assuming during the backwards portion that he's reaching into HIS mailbox) I could be here all day until I create a mobius strip of recurrsion and kill us all!  


Why would he lick the envelope after taking it out of his mailbox?


Because it's delicious?
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Bozack on November 16, 2005, 02:59:37 am
This cat once ate about half a piece of paper! Completely on accident! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03122004)

Maybe he's got a taste for pulp now.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: CortJstr on November 16, 2005, 03:34:01 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
This cat once ate about half a piece of paper! Completely on accident! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03122004)

Maybe he's got a taste for pulp now.

This is the beginning of a horror movie targeted towards sentient paper products.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: antioch on November 16, 2005, 05:11:03 am
Man, a friend of mine once created his own line of alive paper products. The tagline for them was "More sentient!" This same friend and I had other jokes about paper. One was based on the homonym "ream." The weird thing is that we wrote our ideas down on paper.

I'm with Emmoh (pronounced eem-mo?) about Biz's year-fresh debt to RF. I don't think that a new sticker on the notice would have made the strip any better.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: miles on November 16, 2005, 05:34:31 am
Quote from: "aparrish"

Ray And The Letter, An Existential Adventure (http://adamparrish.warped.com/images/herestheletter.gif)

I promise this is the last one of these I will do, at least for a while


Somehow this is really engaging.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Emmoh on November 16, 2005, 05:56:08 am
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Mantonio on November 16, 2005, 02:22:15 pm
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Emmoh on November 16, 2005, 03:16:16 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!


This is too much for me. I'm going to go take some poorly lit sulky pictures of myself and post them on my LiveJournal.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Mantonio on November 16, 2005, 04:21:05 pm
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!


This is too much for me. I'm going to go take some poorly lit sulky pictures of myself and post them on my LiveJournal.


Don't forget to write a poem.
Title: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
Post by: Emmoh on November 16, 2005, 05:16:09 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "antioch"
(pronounced eem-mo?)


M.O. (my initials. I saw it in print and decided it looked too much like emo, went to change, then I saw I was locked in.  :oops: )


Emmoh likes to cut himself at pity parties!


This is too much for me. I'm going to go take some poorly lit sulky pictures of myself and post them on my LiveJournal.


Don't forget to write a poem.


*Ahem*

Squallid suburban nighmare
So dark so dark
Exposed on a message board
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHIII IIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!