The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on November 16, 2005, 11:05:35 am

Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: Doc on November 16, 2005, 11:05:35 am
I was wrong: Showbiz Returneth (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11162005).

I've got a wonderful image of Showbiz's apartment (or possibly rented storage space) now, just packed full of stereo equipment, all him using it for tables and chairs and beds etc.

EDIT: Because I just noticed the gun hand is maintained 6 panels after the pow. Which is glorious.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: theinevitable on November 16, 2005, 12:33:19 pm
hmm.
At first read, I see this as going more like this.

showbiz: you! I have your money! leave me alone.

man: really? you've paid us off? but what about our new subwoofer?... I think it would be a good idea if you bought it. *fingers heavy object*

showbiz: But I don't want a subwoofer

man: showbiz

showbiz: aah
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: V-Adore on November 16, 2005, 01:23:25 pm
C'mon, guys. The total non sequitur on "is there something you want to tell me?" wins forever. Of course this is the most earnest thing eatin at Showbiz's mind.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: misterqueue on November 16, 2005, 01:33:05 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
C'mon, guys. The total non sequitur on "is there something you want to tell me?" wins forever. Of course this is the most earnest thing eatin at Showbiz's mind.


To be fair though, that would be super hot.

Also, the borderline paranoid delusional "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" at the end there makes me think that maybe Showbiz is indeed on some sort of amphematine.

All up at night scratching at imaginary bugs...
All resorting his subwoofers based upon size and release date...
All imagining how he'd wire them up if he only had a car for 72 HOURS STRAIGHT!
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: Beatrice on November 16, 2005, 02:09:14 pm
He will sell these to Ray, and all will become right in the world.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: Doc on November 16, 2005, 03:07:57 pm
Sell them?! Sell them? You don't get it, do you Beatrice!
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: MattFish on November 16, 2005, 03:08:47 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
C'mon, guys. The total non sequitur on "is there something you want to tell me?" wins forever. Of course this is the most earnest thing eatin at Showbiz's mind.


To be fair though, that would be super hot.


Agreed and agreed. It's good that Showbiz has a mental problem and not just maliciously stealing from his brother. Of course, this all could be a lie.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: Doc on November 16, 2005, 04:05:16 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It's good that Showbiz has a mental problem and not just maliciously stealing from his brother. Of course, this all could be a lie.


I don't know, are we classifying needless materialistic greed as a mental problem now?

Also I think most of Showbiz' lies would be more dramatic and unrealistic. Like the RF guys are after him because they are run by a syndicate that totally hate him because he has been moving in on his turf but he's just been nailing their hitmen left and right before they even get a chance to touch him. Pow!
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: Roger on November 16, 2005, 04:13:38 pm
I've always found this whole car sound culture extremely annoying, and now I have in Showbiz the perfect embodiment of its obnoxiousness. Thanks, Chris Onstad. Thank you, sir.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: JordanB on November 16, 2005, 05:26:04 pm
I gotta say that even though I saw the joke about Showbiz not even having a car a mile off, I still loved this strip.  The last panel is gold.

Also, you have to love the fact that Beef immediately switches to the first-person plural in offering help to his ne'er-do-well brother.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: antioch on November 16, 2005, 06:57:38 pm
It's really for the best that Biz doesn't have a car. A 3600-watt subwoofer would destroy it. Such is the fullness of Awesome Danger!
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: gearnest on November 16, 2005, 09:45:48 pm
I love panel four with its ominous, disembodied speech bubble stating the painfully obvious.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: LCB on November 16, 2005, 09:50:30 pm
SB's paranoid lookaround and wariness of Rockford Fosgate goons potentially staking out the house help sell the strip.

I can just imagine his stash of tweeters and woofers, in various stages of abandoned tinkering.
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2005, 01:56:57 am
3600 watts, I think that's more than they had at Woodstock.

~Paul
Title: 16 Nov 2005 -- A 3600-watt subwoofer with a chain-link grate
Post by: Beatrice on November 17, 2005, 03:34:50 am
Ray can make ANYONE sell ANYTHING.  You're the one who doesn't get it.