The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_roll_call on November 17, 2005, 06:48:53 am

Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: robot_roll_call on November 17, 2005, 06:48:53 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11172005

I see women like that quite often on my college campus.

Whaaat
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bozack on November 17, 2005, 06:52:14 am
INSANITY. I like the choice in stirrup #####.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: JordanB on November 17, 2005, 07:01:30 am
The funny in this one must be hiding.

Also, 1.21.03's strip is pretty much the worst possible one to even suggest putting on a t-shirt.  Is that the joke?
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: V-Adore on November 17, 2005, 07:29:33 am
I dunno, if you had the proper psychotic hatred of Jared, it could work. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01212003)

Most disturbing element for me: Ray's bulge in those stirrup #####. Shudderiffic!
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Doc on November 17, 2005, 10:23:17 am
Actually given recent history I was going to comment on how relatively subdued Ray's bulge is, I mean they are leggings, he could have gone all out there.
Musical note in signature is nice.
The main thing I got from this is that actually achewood strips on shirts really wouldn't work if you couldn't get in all the punctuation properly what with pacing of dialogue being such an important part of many of the characters.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: misterqueue on November 17, 2005, 11:03:02 am
I think the T-shirt bit was just a snarky shot at those of us who bitch when Onstad (too bad there's no Treble Clef key on this keyboard) puts out a complete mind-boggling shirt choice.

Beyond that I think the WHaaaat on mullet man is vaguely funny, and so is "Dog is my co-pilot"; but only because I have a tendancy to insert Dog where the opposite is generally used.

I am not a sysadmin with aviators however.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Beatrice on November 17, 2005, 01:36:05 pm
yeah, ##### bulge.  not nice.

all this strip really does is remind me of women from my past (mostly catholic middle school) that disturbed me.  like the greasy perm with the big glasses.  or... the ... stirrup #####!   ewwie.


~Wanda
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Golfhaus on November 17, 2005, 01:54:48 pm
Don't front - I bet you totally rock the stirrups.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: mudokon on November 17, 2005, 02:51:21 pm
Is anyone really creeped out by Ray's bulge? I've never understood people being disgusted by things like that. Things like Ray's bulge. I would like to say that I love Ray's bulge.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: side_show on November 17, 2005, 03:12:36 pm
I like how the strip is basically an ad for the real merch.  I was like, "oh yeah, I did mean to order my huuuug! hoodie," but then I was like "hey, wait a minute..."
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: antioch on November 17, 2005, 04:46:38 pm
This strip blew my mind. When you do the survey and mark 5 for a panel, presumably you are supposed to read OnStad's response over and over. Amazing!

 Mudokon - do not give your heart to Ray's bonch.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: CortJstr on November 17, 2005, 05:19:39 pm
Quote from: "mudokon"
Is anyone really creeped out by Ray's bulge? I've never understood people being disgusted by things like that. Things like Ray's bulge. I would like to say that I love Ray's bulge.

Ray is proud of his junk and likes to show it off. He would like everybody to say something nice about it.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: ferocious j on November 17, 2005, 08:18:47 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
I think the T-shirt bit was just a snarky shot at those of us who bitch when Onstad (too bad there's no Treble Clef key on this keyboard) puts out a complete mind-boggling shirt choice.

It struck me more as a general shout-out to the time-honored webcomic fan custom of asking that basically every single strip of a comic that ever comes out be put on a t-shirt at one time or another.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: LCB on November 17, 2005, 10:32:21 pm
I just wonder, how many e-mails Onstad has received asking for a certain strip to be put on a T-shirt, and how many of those were for some seemingly random strip. Like someone repeatedly demanding that just this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05312002) filler panel be put on cloth.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Null on November 17, 2005, 11:29:58 pm
My heart's explodin'!  Those #####!
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: CortJstr on November 17, 2005, 11:30:58 pm
I know that there have been several times when somebody on this very forum requested a seemingly random t-shirt.

That said, I would totally buy a More Science long-sleeved t-shirt.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 17, 2005, 11:53:45 pm
Quote from: "mudokon"
Is anyone really creeped out by Ray's bulge? I've never understood people being disgusted by things like that. Things like Ray's bulge. I would like to say that I love Ray's bulge.


There are far worse bulges (http://chiaroscu.ro/images/tribal.jpg) in the world.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2005, 12:21:48 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

There are far worse bulges (http://chiaroscu.ro/images/tribal.jpg) in the world.


NOT CLICKING!
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Golfhaus on November 18, 2005, 12:22:59 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

There are far worse bulges (http://chiaroscu.ro/images/tribal.jpg) in the world.


NOT CLICKING!


Good idea. <shudder>
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: side_show on November 18, 2005, 12:44:20 am
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

There are far worse bulges (http://chiaroscu.ro/images/tribal.jpg) in the world.


NOT CLICKING!


Good idea. <shudder>


Wait, I just don't get the mechanics of what's going on there.  I clicked, but I'm more confused than distrubed.  There is a c*ck there, but...  What is going on there?  I... just...?  Um are those two men or is one of them a woman?  What are they doing?  Are they... dancing?  Cock Rub Warriors?  What?  And Why is everybody watching?
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: AugustWest on November 18, 2005, 01:32:02 am
I'm not exactly sure what's happening there, but the look on the one guy's face is priceless.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bozack on November 18, 2005, 03:15:47 am
Damn, that is one thick, blunt-ass c*ck. The little girl is great, though. WHAAAAAAT???
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2005, 04:14:53 am
I think he's about to put his pee pee in that other guys poop chute.

Whaaat

~Paul
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: robot_god on November 18, 2005, 04:25:04 am
Mannn, that guy can't even wrap his hand all the way around his dick.  I don't even think they manufacture dildos that thick.  Could be wrong, never really shopped around for 'em.

So wait a minute... the woman with aviators is for sale?
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2005, 04:26:37 am
Quote from: "*****_god"
So wait a minute... the woman with aviators is for sale?

I think it's a buyers market on that product.

~Paul
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 18, 2005, 01:45:46 pm
I like how the uninsured motorist is depicted wearing Oakley Blades (http://oakley.com/o/o2230d) from ca. 1989.

Who knew you could still buy them directly from Oakley?  I thought they'd be strictly eBay auction items by now.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2005, 01:53:17 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

There are far worse bulges (http://chiaroscu.ro/images/tribal.jpg) in the world.


NOT CLICKING!


Good idea. <shudder>


Wait, I just don't get the mechanics of what's going on there.  I clicked, but I'm more confused than distrubed.  There is a c*ck there, but...  What is going on there?  I... just...?  Um are those two men or is one of them a woman?  What are they doing?  Are they... dancing?  Cock Rub Warriors?  What?  And Why is everybody watching?


I actually think it's a fertility dance. I remembe rreading about something nearly identical via Joseph Campbell (Primitive Mythology, "Masks of God" series.). In the cited instance this ritual was performed by Australian aborigines. The c*ck was a stick held between the legs and it was used to shoot some sort of psychic bolt at the other guy's taint (which was, according to Campbell, chakhra #1.)

So perhaps this is a fertility ritual. Jury is still out on whether or noit that is a fake wang.

Edit: 1111 posts!
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: CortJstr on November 18, 2005, 04:07:59 pm
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I like how the uninsured motorist is depicted wearing Oakley Blades (http://oakley.com/o/o2230d) from ca. 1989.

Who knew you could still buy them directly from Oakley?  I thought they'd be strictly eBay auction items by now.

I remember thinking those were insanely cool when I was 9. I remember they even used to sell the nose, lenses, and ear-pieces separately so that you could mix and match colors.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bozack on November 18, 2005, 06:13:54 pm
Quote from: "The Oakley Corporation"
This Oakley original is signed with legacy insignias, and its trigger-shaped earstems are a rare distinction in the collection of optical art.


God. Fuck you, Oakley.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Lister on November 18, 2005, 07:17:15 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I like how the uninsured motorist is depicted wearing Oakley Blades (http://oakley.com/o/o2230d) from ca. 1989.

Who knew you could still buy them directly from Oakley?  I thought they'd be strictly eBay auction items by now.

I remember thinking those were insanely cool when I was 9. I remember they even used to sell the nose, lenses, and ear-pieces separately so that you could mix and match colors.


I owned a pair of those (Black frames, red-gold-green-blue reflective coating) for a period in the 90s.  I lost them when I got ditched at a music festival by someone and had left them in their back seat.

In the end it probably worked out best all around, though, 'cause in actual fact I looked like a giant dork in them but would have never admitted it to myself.

I also at one point wore Jams (http://www.jamsworldasia.com/jamsworld/).  

Look, I'm not proud of everything in my past.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: LCB on November 18, 2005, 08:20:26 pm
The thing with Oakley Blades, much like mirror-lensed glasses, black trenchcoats, fingerless black leather gloves, etc. is that they are often worn by people under the delusion that anyone who wears them automatically looks cool.

Like 'An Uninsured Motorist', who probably ignores his greasy undershirt, mustache, hairstyle, (probable) potbelly and the fact that he's driving around in (probably) a banged up TransAm with an ugly custom paintjob working against the image he wishes to project with his awesome shades.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2005, 08:42:38 pm
Quote from: "Lister"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I like how the uninsured motorist is depicted wearing Oakley Blades (http://oakley.com/o/o2230d) from ca. 1989.

Who knew you could still buy them directly from Oakley?  I thought they'd be strictly eBay auction items by now.

I remember thinking those were insanely cool when I was 9. I remember they even used to sell the nose, lenses, and ear-pieces separately so that you could mix and match colors.


I owned a pair of those (Black frames, red-gold-green-blue reflective coating) for a period in the 90s.  I lost them when I got ditched at a music festival by someone and had left them in their back seat.

In the end it probably worked out best all around, though, 'cause in actual fact I looked like a giant dork in them but would have never admitted it to myself.

I also at one point wore Jams (http://www.jamsworldasia.com/jamsworld/).  

Look, I'm not proud of everything in my past.


Did you wear overalls with one strap down? Or anything by Stussy?
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: ferocious j on November 18, 2005, 09:00:10 pm
(brief semi-re-rail)

These (http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/11-18-05-condoms/Esplanade.jpg) would also make an excellent holiday gift item

(I cannot be the only one who read today's Photoshop feature)
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: LCB on November 19, 2005, 12:11:26 am
There are lots of things one can not be proud of.

Like dancing to Another Bad Creation's Coolin' at the Playground, Y'know! as it issues from the speakers of somebody's pink boombox, at a outdoor basketball court.

And wearing cheap, reflective shades while doing so.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Emmoh on November 19, 2005, 05:02:46 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
These (http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/11-18-05-condoms/Esplanade.jpg)


"Here comes a special boy"

Holy shit. :lol:
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: antioch on November 19, 2005, 05:54:28 am
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
These (http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/11-18-05-condoms/Esplanade.jpg)


"Here comes a special boy"

Holy shit. :lol:


 That is something we do not need. As if low-braus don't already diss Philipe gear enough because of his shape. Boo to that.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Emmoh on November 19, 2005, 06:05:16 am
Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
These (http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/11-18-05-condoms/Esplanade.jpg)


"Here comes a special boy"

Holy shit. :lol:


 That is something we do not need. As if low-braus don't already diss Philipe gear enough because of his shape. Boo to that.


I never noticed it before now.

I guess I'm a slow-brau.

bah-dum ching!
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: evan on November 19, 2005, 06:45:13 am
Everyone in this comic is wearing sunglasses.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2005, 08:13:20 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I actually think it's a fertility dance.


Either way, that catcher is totally not happy about what is happening.

Also, I spent an inordinate amount of time examining that pic at my desk.  At work.  At the children's theatre.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Beatrice on November 19, 2005, 11:08:50 pm
DAMN ME I CLICKED ON IT!
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Golfhaus on November 20, 2005, 12:07:56 am
DAMN YOU!

I aim to please.
Title: 11/17/05- Holiday Gift Catalog '05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 21, 2005, 03:30:28 am
yay.