The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: wombat on November 17, 2005, 05:22:14 pm

Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: wombat on November 17, 2005, 05:22:14 pm
For those of you who may have been following along at home:  I have left the job that made me so demoralized that I had begun to not even bother to want to punch the bosses in the face.  Someone at the zoo I used to work at broke his foot, so I now have a job for three months there.  Which means:  A, a better job-interview excuse for quitting the old job than "management gave me migraines;"  B, not having to drive an hour to work in the winter; and C, a great learning experience with people I really like.

Let's hope I don't screw this one up.  But for now I am doing the little happy dance whenever I think of not driving to, or being at, the old job anymore.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: CortJstr on November 17, 2005, 05:27:06 pm
How soon before you can start sneeking friends in to see the panda cub*?

*I'm too lazy to look up the proper term for animal offspring**

**also, I don't actually care about seeing the panda, I just think the preview period for "VIPs" was fucked up.***

***oh, and good for you.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: side_show on November 17, 2005, 05:50:37 pm
Hooray for temporary happiness, and may it lead to long term happiness!
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: jough on November 17, 2005, 05:54:06 pm
I'm going to hold you to that Whining Hiatus.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2005, 12:22:30 am
Well now remember I did say temporary.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2005, 12:23:04 am
Oh, and NO PANDAS.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: jough on November 18, 2005, 02:08:59 am
Yeah, to fuck with the pandas.  If they won't fuck, they deserve to die.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: Doc on November 18, 2005, 08:47:13 am
Congrats Wombat, getting away from a crap job to a job involving cute* animals is awesome.

Cort: I misread that at first and thought you said 'Panda Club', thanks for about twenty seconds of befuddled amusement.

*or even not so cute, basically all animals are awesome.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2005, 12:34:41 pm
Well, the previous job involved animals too, but it was mostly several hundred of the same kind of frog.  So both the people and the animals are much better now.

And much better than freaking PANDAS.  Don't get me started on pandas.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: Bozack on November 18, 2005, 06:16:28 pm
Fuckin' pandas.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2005, 09:50:26 pm
It's panda-monium in here.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2005, 04:47:23 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's panda-monium in here.


Boooooooooooo!  Booooooo!
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: V-Adore on November 19, 2005, 05:37:55 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's panda-monium in here.

You need to stop pandaring to the masses, Bobby.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: AugustWest on November 19, 2005, 06:09:09 am
Jough, I am rapidly coming around to your way of thinking re: puns.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2005, 06:18:51 am
Yeah, I really can't bear all these bad jokes.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: V-Adore on November 19, 2005, 07:14:12 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Listen, when I only post once a month its gotta hurt.

Gasp!

Also, congrats on preggersness from sig, Ash. My best to you and yours.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2005, 08:05:06 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Yeah, I really can't bear all these bad jokes.


Ack!

That's right, a Cathy-esque "ack" is what you get!  Another pun like that and it's naked pictures of Bea Arthur in your in-box!
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2005, 08:07:42 am
Quote from: "Asherdan's sig"
We're preggers again


I prefer "knocked up" - but either way, way to inseminate dude!
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: jough on November 19, 2005, 08:38:16 am
Quote from: "side_show"

Ack!


Smells, will you have my retarded baby?
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2005, 09:59:08 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "side_show"

Ack!


Smells, will you have my retarded baby?


....Ack!  Ack!  I'm too fat!  I have nothing to wear!  I just ate a whole cake! Ack!  Diet has the word "die" in it for a... for a... reason...

*s_s, coming out of it, all groggy*

Hey, what just happened? I feel so... oh my god, did I just do it again?  Did I channel the ghost of un-funny?  Fuck I hate when that happens, and who the hell's this guy in my bed?

Oh man, did I just get knocked up over the internet?  Fuck.  It's the morning after pill for me, I guess.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: wombat on November 19, 2005, 02:24:25 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"


Also, congrats on preggersness from sig, Ash. My best to you and yours.


They're obviously much better at it than the stupid pandas.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: CortJstr on November 19, 2005, 03:11:25 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Oh man, did I just get knocked up over the internet?  Fuck.  It's the morning after pill for me, I guess.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to not hijack this thread now? s_s, look what you've done.
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: jough on November 19, 2005, 05:51:15 pm
Smells, don't chemically disintegrate our Internet Love Child.  I mean seriously!
Title: Wombat announces temporary whining hiatus
Post by: side_show on November 20, 2005, 02:45:55 am
How does one abort an internet baby anyway?  I mean what's the internet equivilent of a coat hanger anyway?  Probably this (http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com), would be my guess.