The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Biz Markizzle on November 21, 2005, 04:16:48 pm

Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Biz Markizzle on November 21, 2005, 04:16:48 pm
Hi everyone

I have been reading Achewood since almost the beginning. I found this board just recently because I have been bored at work lately, though I used to lurk on the first Achewood board just because watching Onstad be mean to people was almost as good as the comics. I recognize some names from there.

I am an editor and I live in Chicago (from Maine originally). Nice to meet you!

Biz
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: AugustWest on November 21, 2005, 04:55:38 pm
Welcome.  Wipe your feet and don't steal any of the silverware.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: side_show on November 21, 2005, 05:00:14 pm
Hi Biz

Welcome.

I was on the old board, though I don't think Onstad ever mocked me.  I seem to remember swapping cooking tips with him at some point though.

As you may, or may not have figured out, Jough runs things around here, so be nice to him.  He can sometimes be like that crotchety old neighbour you had as a kid, so don't walk on his lawn.  He can also sometimes be like a Vedic Guru to his underlings, and at those times his love is very warm and magical.  Either way - he has powers!
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Biz Markizzle on November 21, 2005, 05:07:01 pm
Man Onstad was ferocious on the old board. Sounds like you got on his good side with the cooking, but I bet he found a hilarious way to judge and dislike you anyway that he didn't post only because the thread was already locked. Does he ever come here?
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: V-Adore on November 21, 2005, 05:59:04 pm
He has a board account and posted here for a while, but as far as I know he doesn't really post anymore. I can't blame him; the guy has a baby, after all, and thus bigger giraffe to fry than us.

Welcome, by the way.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Biz Markizzle on November 21, 2005, 06:09:08 pm
Yeah I guess a baby will make you care less about internet message boards. I give him credit though, he was so much worse about posting strips on time (or at all) BEFORE the baby. For a while now you can basically count on four solid strips a week and some good blogs.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 21, 2005, 09:27:01 pm
One question...are you my mother?
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Bozack on November 21, 2005, 10:24:49 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
...the guy has a baby, after all, and thus bigger giraffe to fry than us.


God, that gave me a fucked up mental image.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 21, 2005, 10:30:14 pm
Yeah, and they were merciless about me eating a baby.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: side_show on November 21, 2005, 11:16:03 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Yeah, and they were mercilessly about me eating a baby.


Wow, you hold a grudge for a long time!  Talk about eating someone's child and they don't like it for some reason, right?  

I think I apologized, but perhaps not seriously enough.  

I'm sorry for threatening AlohaPup (tm)* and all AlohaPup's (tm) subsidiary rights.  I retract all statements in regard to eating, cooking or otherwise prepairing AlohaPup (tm)  for human consumption.  

*AlohaPup (tm) is meant only for loving, smiling at and saying nice things about, and to do otherwise violates AlohaPup's (tm) policy of use and may void AlohaPup's (tm) warranty and result in getting on the nerves of, or bringing about the wrath of God from, AlohaDawg (tm).  The organizers of TOUAMB are not responsible for damages resulting in the mocking of AlohaDawg (tm), AlohaPup, or any affiliated parties.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 21, 2005, 11:40:23 pm
You know that  you're too cute to stay mad at for more than a minute at a time. I'm not holding a grudge, I'm just bitter is all.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: side_show on November 21, 2005, 11:48:22 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You know that  you're too cute to stay mad at for more than a minute at a time. I'm not holding a grudge, I'm just bitter is all.


I'm sorry, but really the cutest thing of all is the idea that you have children that I will term "AlohaPups" from now on.  That is very cute to me.  My SO sometimes refers to himself as a "young pup" and it always seems so cute to me.  But then anything related to dogs or puppies is cute to me 1) because I'm a girl, and 2) because I long for a dog of my own like some women my age long for a baby.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: AugustWest on November 21, 2005, 11:50:22 pm
Oh hell, are we back to talking about eating babies?  Next thing you know it'll be thousands of embedded quotes and barbed penes.

We have to move on and grow, people!
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 21, 2005, 11:55:44 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Oh hell, are we back to talking about eating babies?  Next thing you know it'll be thousands of embedded quotes and barbed penes.

We have to move on and grow, people!


Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Bozack on November 22, 2005, 01:11:29 am
If I ever have a kid, I'ma call it "Mancub."
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: V-Adore on November 22, 2005, 02:57:26 am
"AlohaPup" is an adorable word to refer to a small child, really. I'm not sure how often I have reason to refer to the AlohaPups, but when I do I will remember the word.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: side_show on November 22, 2005, 05:20:33 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"AlohaPup" is an adorable word to refer to a small child, really. I'm not sure how often I have reason to refer to the AlohaPups, but when I do I will remember the word.


I recently took to calling children "little sniffers" for no aparent reason.  I thought it was cute, as with AlohaPups, but then I was talking to a coworker who only works with kids at risk, and I realized she thought I meant children who were into sniffing intoxicating agents, not little kids who sniffle due to colds or cold weather, so I stopped.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Biz Markizzle on November 22, 2005, 03:02:29 pm
I make a simple post to introduce myself and you people turn it into a discussion about eating babies. That is equal parts sick and wonderful.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: V-Adore on November 22, 2005, 03:24:34 pm
Quote from: "Biz Markizzle"
I make a simple post to introduce myself and you people turn it into a discussion about eating babies. That is equal parts sick and wonderful.

Oh man. Oh, man. This thread has been 100% free of giraffe placenta, friend, so you ain't seen nothin' yet!
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: side_show on November 24, 2005, 02:21:49 pm
Quote from: "Biz Markizzle"
I make a simple post to introduce myself and you people turn it into a discussion about eating babies. That is equal parts sick and wonderful.


Yeah, this is sort of the way it goes - we start talking about something clean and pure and before you know it, it's a post from me about a stripper klown named knockers (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2106&highlight=knockers+klown) which everyone was either too creeped out by to comment on, or perhaps missed out on.  So to all, if you missed it last time, enjoy Knockers the Cake Sitting Klown!

I think I'm oft the one responsible for twisting threads like this.... sorry I guess.  I'm the Off Topic Wonder!
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 24, 2005, 02:47:31 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Biz Markizzle"
I make a simple post to introduce myself and you people turn it into a discussion about eating babies. That is equal parts sick and wonderful.

Oh man. Oh, man. This thread has been 100% free of giraffe placenta, friend, so you ain't seen nothin' yet!


I think I have something that can beat giraffe placenta, but I'm looking for real world examples of it.

- as you know, there are people who are perverse enough to enjoy drinking human breast milk well into adulthood;
- and as you know, given the right amount of female hormones, males may lactate;
- does it not follow that there is someone rich enough and perverted enough that he keeps a stable of estrogen-injected men to lactate for his daily libations?

in the meantime, enjoy: this (http://www.goodiebag.tv/odds/proper_words_song.htm) as your offtopicizer.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: miles on November 24, 2005, 04:27:14 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
in the meantime, enjoy: this (http://www.goodiebag.tv/odds/proper_words_song.htm) as your offtopicizer.


More Bollywood, please.
Title: Is this how it works?
Post by: V-Adore on November 25, 2005, 08:01:08 pm
Man, Bobby, when you have to go into the theoretical creepshow, you've lost.

HTH, HAND.