The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Hobot on November 21, 2005, 06:11:35 pm

Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobot on November 21, 2005, 06:11:35 pm
Greetings, all.  I am a latecomer to Achewood readership, but am making up for lost time; for instance, I am seeing to it that my SO and closest friends are inundated with references to the comic, and have posted two of my favourite strips ("Philippe's Mouth" and "Killing Is Like Basketball") on my dorm room door.  

Speaking of dorms, I am attending college in Massachusetts, but I hail from Virginia.

I've been lurking here for some time in the hope that my debut will not be met with slander and/or derision.  

I think that's enough for now.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: CortJstr on November 21, 2005, 06:33:20 pm
There are several us from VA, NoVa especially.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: AugustWest on November 21, 2005, 07:05:01 pm
C'mere you, so's I can slander and deride you!

/Moe Howard
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Bozack on November 21, 2005, 10:25:39 pm
Wow, a massive influx of new guys. Welcome; where did you come from, by the by? Did you randomly find us, or did someone link you or invite you?
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobot on November 22, 2005, 05:08:30 am
I contribute every now and then to the general madness on the LNMAC board; I reasoned that Achewood must have a similar board, with members as interesting as the comics themselves.  After a quick Google search, I came across TOUMB, and I've been lurking ever since.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: side_show on November 22, 2005, 05:31:07 am
Welcome Hobot - lurk in the shadows no more!
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Bozack on November 22, 2005, 06:09:53 am
Wait...crap...what did I see today that said something about Hobots and...basically, *****ic homeless people? Did you take your name from that?

Christ, what was I reading today that mentioned ***** homeless people?
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on November 22, 2005, 01:50:33 pm
Bozack I know what you're talking about...sorta. I'm in the same mess as you, my brain is racing trying to remember. Something about Hobos being *****s but that's dumb because *****s are made for a purpose why would you make a homeless ***** and somehow Robocop came into the discussion! All this is killing me!! I can't remember...


hahah ok I'm new but why is Ro-bot blanked out? What's the joke? There has to be a joke behind it.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: side_show on November 22, 2005, 02:32:14 pm
Futurama has Hobots.  As I remember, the Latino Hobot that Bender interacts with, when he examines her circuitry, iturns out to actally a Man-bot.  She says something like "Damn man, one more upgrade and I'll be more woman than ju can handle!"
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobot on November 22, 2005, 03:34:53 pm
It seems as if I unconsciously took my name from "Futurama."  Damn.  I thought I was being devastatingly witty.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on November 22, 2005, 03:46:28 pm
Well if you made is up without seeing it elsewhere then consider yourself witty. But I have to ask were you going for the homeless **#**, slutty **#** or gardening **#**? I can pull all  three from Hobot.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobot on November 22, 2005, 04:01:57 pm
Homeless hobot.  My signature over at the Dumbrella boards is "Hobo + ***** = Hobot."

I do, however, enjoy gardening.  But I think that would be better conveyed through the moniker "Hoebot."
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: sjlimmer on November 22, 2005, 04:25:47 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Wait...crap...what did I see today that said something about Hobots and...basically, *****ic homeless people? Did you take your name from that?

Christ, what was I reading today that mentioned ##### homeless people?


Was it this (http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/003386.html)?

Also, welcome all (I'm too lazy to post it in every thread).
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: CortJstr on November 22, 2005, 05:38:36 pm
Quote from: "Hobot"
Homeless hobot.  My signature over at the Dumbrella boards is "Hobo + ##### = Hobot."

I do, however, enjoy gardening.  But I think that would be better conveyed through the moniker "Hoebot."

So did rstevens finally unfilter robot or does your sig actually have the five pound signs?
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Hobot on November 24, 2005, 07:12:54 am
It must be unfiltered, because I have never noticed pound signs.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: Bozack on November 25, 2005, 01:36:33 am
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Wait...crap...what did I see today that said something about Hobots and...basically, *****ic homeless people? Did you take your name from that?

Christ, what was I reading today that mentioned ##### homeless people?


Was it this (http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/003386.html)?

Also, welcome all (I'm too lazy to post it in every thread).


YES!
YOU WIN A LITTLE CAN OF DR. PEPPER.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2005, 03:46:28 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Wait...crap...what did I see today that said something about Hobots and...basically, *****ic homeless people? Did you take your name from that?

Christ, what was I reading today that mentioned ##### homeless people?


Was it this (http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/003386.html)?

Also, welcome all (I'm too lazy to post it in every thread).


YES!
YOU WIN A LITTLE CAN OF DR. PEPPER.


Ya' know what folks?  He keeps offering these cans, and I check my mail each day for the prize, but I've yet to see any of what the doctor ordered.  Sigh.
Title: Ahoy-hoy!
Post by: miles on November 25, 2005, 05:04:42 pm
It's worth the wait.  Those little cans are so cute.