The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Thee on November 22, 2005, 04:28:22 am

Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Thee on November 22, 2005, 04:28:22 am
I am living in San Luis Obispo, California while I study psychology at Cal Poly State University.  It was 85 degrees today.

I am a DJ at the college radio station, and therefore know more than you.

I've been reading Achewood for the last couple of years, and I enjoy declarative sentences.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: mudokon on November 22, 2005, 04:41:24 am
Hey Thee.

Is that something like five new active members in one day? That's a pretty good number.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: V-Adore on November 22, 2005, 04:45:00 am
Welcome, Thee. SLO is nice country; my grandparents live near there, and I had the pleasure of spending Christmas last year in the area.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: antioch on November 22, 2005, 05:18:03 am
Quote from: "mudokon"
Hey Thee.

Is that something like five new active members in one day? That's a pretty good number.


TALKING BOUT' THEEEEE
IS A MAGIC NUMBER

Put that on your platter and spin it, SLOmin! Also welcome.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: side_show on November 22, 2005, 05:30:02 am
'tis of Thee.  Welcome.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: jough on November 22, 2005, 05:36:19 am
Do we really need a new thread for each new member?  I mean, this is a recent phenomenon, no?

But oh yes, let's all boost our post count by saying "welcome" to each new member.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: V-Adore on November 22, 2005, 05:50:37 am
Quote from: "jough"
Do we really need a new thread for each new member?  I mean, this is a recent phenomenon, no?

But oh yes, let's all boost our post count by saying "welcome" to each new member.

C'mon, it's a spirit of welcoming and... you know. Good board spirit.

Also, hey, I ain't never leavin' Ocular Shenanigans without a post-count pumper.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: AugustWest on November 22, 2005, 06:03:22 am
I do not give a shit about post count.

However, I feel compelled to say that an undergraduate cannot truly be an alcoholic.  Just you wait, junior!  Keep it up and you'll find out what substance abuse triggered debasement really is.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Bozack on November 22, 2005, 06:08:26 am
I haven't actually looked at my post count in months. I am vaguely aware that it is less than some members, yet more than others. It is an enigma shrouded in a mystery, wrapped in pillowy flatbread and smothered with gravy- Texas style.

Welcome!
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on November 22, 2005, 02:07:11 pm
I would say "welcome" but I'm pretty new myself. So "it's nice to meet ya" seems more in order, right? We're entering this thing together.

Jough what would you rather us do? Should I introduce myself here instead of making another post? But then I'd feel as if I was intruding on my new friend Thee. All coming into his thread and talking about myself like some self centered hobo!
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: arkabee on November 22, 2005, 02:21:37 pm
FUCK EVERYBODY STOP POSTING NEW POSTS WE'LL START A NEW THREAD AND EVERYBODY CAN HAVE ONE POST AND THEN THEY CAN EDIT IT AND THAT WAY EVERYONE WILL BE EQUAL UNDER GOD AMEN.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Doc on November 22, 2005, 02:23:03 pm
I think I've basically accepted that my post count shall never grow to the level of our more esteemed members therefore I try not to let it trouble me.
That said welcome to Thee and I hope your stay here is a pleasant one. The only people I've seen be banned from here are the ones who obviously came in intending to be assholes yet the level of conversation is generally pretty awesome which is a rare combination. My guess is Jough sacrificed a chicken or something over the server.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: CortJstr on November 22, 2005, 02:30:18 pm
Look on my post count, ye mighty, and despair!

Well, except for Jough. And dammit, somebody has to discover the new ranks.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: V-Adore on November 22, 2005, 02:33:58 pm
Jough totally sacrificed a chicken to the goodness of this board. The blood ran black on the altar, I tell you. Black. Strangely, I have no regrets...
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: side_show on November 22, 2005, 02:40:52 pm
I don't know, I sort of like that the new people are intro-ing themselves individually.  It's very hard to gleen someones personality if they just suddenly appear randomly commenting on some topic.  To me, it's nice to have intro's.
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 22, 2005, 02:52:03 pm
Quote from: "Thee"
I am a DJ at the college radio station, and therefore know more than you.


I was the music director, and therefore knew more than everybody.  So there.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Hobot on November 22, 2005, 04:16:16 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Look on my post count, ye mighty, and despair!

You are Ozymandias, King of Kings.

Re: the newcomers' enthusiam for introductory posts, I know that in my case, having lurked for some time, I saw no evidence of a meta-thread on which to introduce oneself.  I thereby concluded that individual threads were de rigueur.  

But if the recent influx of new members and their subsequent introductory posts are considered irksome by the mods, I would have no objection to my thread being consolidated into the aforementioned meta-thread.
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Thee on November 22, 2005, 08:06:58 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Thee"
I am a DJ at the college radio station, and therefore know more than you.


I was the music director, and therefore knew more than everybody.  So there.


The king has returned.  I am but lowly traffic director.  Carlos..... weren't you stacks at some point?
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 22, 2005, 09:40:03 pm
Quote from: "Thee"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Thee"
I am a DJ at the college radio station, and therefore know more than you.


I was the music director, and therefore knew more than everybody.  So there.


The king has returned.  I am but lowly traffic director.  Carlos..... weren't you stacks at some point?


I was the program director at my college station, and I was one of the lucky/stupid ones to stay in the industry after graduation.  Therefore, I know the most.


Or the least, depending on how you count.

[Edited to include a big ol' stinky WELCOME to all the n00bz, rather than adding to my post count by putting up something totally new to achieve the same.]
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 23, 2005, 04:24:42 pm
Quote from: "Thee"
The king has returned.  I am but lowly traffic director.  Carlos..... weren't you stacks at some point?


I'm not sure what this means, so I think the answer is no.
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Bozack on November 23, 2005, 04:52:27 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Thee"
The king has returned.  I am but lowly traffic director.  Carlos..... weren't you stacks at some point?


I'm not sure what this means, so I think the answer is no.


He meant to write "stacked."
36-24-36? Yeah, only if she's 5'3"!
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: pmcd9 on November 23, 2005, 10:03:40 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
He meant to write "stacked."
36-24-36? Yeah, only if she's 5'3"!

Those are Raquel Welch's measurements.  Back in the day that was considered really big.

~Paul
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 23, 2005, 10:15:29 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Jough totally sacrificed a chicken to the goodness of this board. The blood ran black on the altar, I tell you. Black. Strangely, I have no regrets...


What is this, Nethack?
Title: Re: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Skillator on November 23, 2005, 10:57:04 pm
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
Quote from: "Thee"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Thee"
I am a DJ at the college radio station, and therefore know more than you.


I was the music director, and therefore knew more than everybody.  So there.


The king has returned.  I am but lowly traffic director.  Carlos..... weren't you stacks at some point?


I was the program director at my college station, and I was one of the lucky/stupid ones to stay in the industry after graduation.  Therefore, I know the most.


Or the least, depending on how you count.

[Edited to include a big ol' stinky WELCOME to all the n00bz, rather than adding to my post count by putting up something totally new to achieve the same.]


Do I get any props for still being in the industry?
No... probably not. I am just a lowly copywriter after all.

We could totally make an awesome radio station around here.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: V-Adore on November 24, 2005, 03:35:36 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Jough totally sacrificed a chicken to the goodness of this board. The blood ran black on the altar, I tell you. Black. Strangely, I have no regrets...


What is this, Nethack?

Didn't you get the memo? Honestly, dude, try to keep up. I'm surprised you haven't starved to death by now.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 24, 2005, 02:44:35 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Jough totally sacrificed a chicken to the goodness of this board. The blood ran black on the altar, I tell you. Black. Strangely, I have no regrets...


What is this, Nethack?

Didn't you get the memo? Honestly, dude, try to keep up. I'm surprised you haven't starved to death by now.


I had a plan for halloween that I never followd through -- to dress as a giant foam rubber @ and have my girlfriend dress as a giant foam rubber d, and she would periodically fetch me hors d'oeuvres from parties and i would reward her with a giant foam rubber %.

But, as with most halloween plans other than the Daler Mehndi concert, it never happened.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: aparrish on November 28, 2005, 03:46:55 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I had a plan for halloween that I never followd through -- to dress as a giant foam rubber @ and have my girlfriend dress as a giant foam rubber d, and she would periodically fetch me hors d'oeuvres from parties and i would reward her with a giant foam rubber %.


I had a plan like this too, except it was a sex halloween party and my girlfriend was a foam rubber &.
Title: My name is Thee, and I am an alcoholic
Post by: arkabee on November 28, 2005, 05:24:27 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"

I had a plan like this too, except it was a sex halloween party and my girlfriend was a foam rubber &.


um, ok, i am one of those internet pricks that loves to quote and move away from context.