The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Beatrice on November 28, 2005, 01:22:35 am

Title: Dreads
Post by: Beatrice on November 28, 2005, 01:22:35 am
Nevermind!
Title: Dreads
Post by: Thee on November 28, 2005, 02:17:47 am
I am always love/hate with them.  I say if you want them, do it.
Title: Dreads
Post by: CortJstr on November 28, 2005, 02:21:03 am
One day I will see dreads that don't look horribly ugly. Well maybe . . . probably not.
Title: Dreads
Post by: side_show on November 28, 2005, 02:34:39 pm
Response 1 - eww, wash your hair!

Response 2 - hey, like, pass the dutchie!

Response 3 - who, did I totally pass throught a time warp to 1995?

Response 4 - that is a very hot chick, too bad about the whole "not showering" thing.
Title: Re: Dreads
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 28, 2005, 02:55:13 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
I want 'em.  What say ye?


I say you're resorting to gimmicks to make your pu$$y as entertaining as Gina's.
Title: Dreads
Post by: jough on November 28, 2005, 03:47:13 pm
Beatrice/Anna/Wanda/Whatever, dreadlocks on a woman are good for one and only one thing: as a handle while dogging a girl.  A man likes something to grab onto, and the way it pulls your head back thus stretching your neck is kinda sexy.

Otherwise you will look ridiculous at say, the grocery store.

Also, from your blurry photo you appear to be a White Woman, and dreadlocks on a White Woman is ALWAYS a poor decision.

You may want to consider something more temporary for your anal sex use than dreadlocks, like a dog collar or one of the fancy leather riding harnesses available at any fine sex shoppe.

I mean, your boyfriend can just take the spurs off when he's done, why shouldn't you be able to just unstrap the collar (well, once your wrists are unbound, of course)?
Title: Dreads
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 28, 2005, 03:55:08 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Beatrice/Anna/Wanda/Whatever, dreadlocks on a woman are good for one and only one thing: as a handle while dogging a girl.  A man likes something to grab onto, and the way it pulls your head back thus stretching your neck is kinda sexy.

Otherwise you will look ridiculous at say, the grocery store.

Also, from your blurry photo you appear to be a White Woman, and dreadlocks on a White Woman is ALWAYS a poor decision.

You may want to consider something more temporary for your anal sex use than dreadlocks, like a dog collar or one of the fancy leather riding harnesses available at any fine sex shoppe.

I mean, your boyfriend can just take the spurs off when he's done, why shouldn't you be able to just unstrap the collar (well, once your wrists are unbound, of course)?


(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/avatars/1096513794421da6e24baff.jpg)

+

"like a dog collar or one of the fancy leather riding harnesses available at any fine sex shoppe."

=

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING.
Title: Dreads
Post by: acoxcae on November 28, 2005, 04:50:48 pm
Beatrice - don't let these people get you down and stomp all over your dreams until there's nothing left but little broken bits of things that could have been.

I'm fully in support of dreadlocks - on certain people.  There are people I've known who, as soon as their dreads were at a respectable length (just long enough to pull back, usually), I've been like, "There's no way this person should ever have not done this."  Unfortunately, there's also a few who just shouldn't do it, ever.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to tell the difference between these people.

I guess the practical point of this post is to say "Do what you want."  However, if you go for it, beware that anyone in "The Establishment" will not give you the time of day.
Title: Dreads
Post by: arkabee on November 28, 2005, 05:22:25 pm
i once thought that i should have long hair, and did everything in my power (meaning not getting a hair cut) to have such.

eventually i started going bald.

i would recommend that while you have hair and the ability to breath, that you enjoy both your hair and your life, as both fade faster than anyone expects.

also, if someone is making fun of your hair, it just means that they are not making fun of somehting else.  you could be saving the emotional lives of those around you, as a sort of walking hair shield.

that's how i got to be a saint, anyways.
Title: Dreads
Post by: slink on November 28, 2005, 05:50:16 pm
I'd go for it if I were you.
I kept meaning to get dreads when I still had long hair, but I got sick of lying on it in bed before I got round to it. Maybe one day when I'm old and fat...
Title: Dreads
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 28, 2005, 06:53:52 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I'd go for it if I were you.
I kept meaning to get dreads when I still had long hair, but I got sick of lying on it in bed before I got round to it. Maybe one day when I'm old and fat...


Slink, based on the photo I've seen of you imagining you with dreads is way easier than imagining you fat.

Bea: Do if you want but most people will think its gross and dirty unless you can make tiny dreads and pull them back, that looks kind of cool. Big big old muddy looking matted dreads are just a look that says either homeless, almost homeless, or very recently homeless to me.
Title: Dreads
Post by: mudokon on November 28, 2005, 07:30:36 pm
Dreadlocks could be good.
Title: Dreads
Post by: slink on November 28, 2005, 07:54:41 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Slink, based on the photo I've seen of you imagining you with dreads is way easier than imagining you fat.


Well, OK. Maybe not fat...
But, big scrutty purple dreads? Damn, now I want them!
Title: Dreads
Post by: Ben-San on November 28, 2005, 07:56:08 pm
There is a visible difference between careful, well-maintained dreads and big ol' stanko hobo dreads. Well-maintained dreads are a perfectly reasonable hairstyle. Presumably you know more about how you look than an Internet MB whose inhabitants have mainly seen only an avatar of your chest vicinity and a blurred-up picture of your general appearance, so you or those who have seen you may be better suited to judge your dreadlock qualification. I am having a hard time visualizing it.
Title: Dreads
Post by: Beatrice on November 28, 2005, 09:11:44 pm
I don't know why i bothered to really post about this here.  Avoiding homework, I think.  But I would be trying to make skinny, even, unadorned dreads that look much like long hair in a pony tail from across the room.  They would take a lot more work in the first six months than any other hair style I've had, but I know they're worth the work if I take the plunge.  I want something I can wash without reeking of mildew, and something thin enough to sleep on, so they'd probably end up pretty tame and clean as far as dreads go.
Title: Dreads
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 28, 2005, 09:55:25 pm
Those are the ones I said you should try! They look cute under a kerchief too.

You could just start with your pits or pubes and see of you like them enough to commit your head to them.
Title: Dreads
Post by: wombat on November 28, 2005, 10:40:51 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
I don't know why i bothered to really post about this here.  


Because you knew we would be fascinating on the subject.   (AD, you are a sick sick man.)
Title: Dreads
Post by: side_show on November 28, 2005, 11:47:05 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You could just start with your pits or pubes and see of you like them enough to commit your head to them.


I love the idea of this advice taken out of context.  Yes I do.
Title: Dreads
Post by: Bozack on November 28, 2005, 11:47:27 pm
As one who has actually seen your head, I vote yes on Proposition: Dreads. The ones you're describing sound very cute and not hobo-esque at all.
Title: Dreads
Post by: Ben-San on November 28, 2005, 11:58:32 pm
Those sound like pretty suitable and respectable dreads. I would say go for it. If worse comes to worst, you can lop it all off and claim you lost your hair saving babies from a fire.