The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: rumpy doppelganger on November 29, 2005, 07:53:09 am

Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on November 29, 2005, 07:53:09 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11292005

oh pls like we havent seen this before  :P

total rehash of previous storylines  :P

oh pls  :P
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on November 29, 2005, 07:54:53 am
joking, this comic's already made my day and i haven't even gone to sleep after yesterday yet :@)
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Emmoh on November 29, 2005, 08:05:04 am
10 out of 10. Good to see Todd again.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Doc on November 29, 2005, 12:52:49 pm
This is definite A+++ w@@D buy again material.
Just... wow, I don't even want to spoil it by analysing it, except to say that I can't get the phrase 'Primal Chaos ruled world before Todd' out of my head.

Actually I will over analyse a litte: Look at panel 15, is anyone else put in mind of that frog strangling a bird picture? In my mind, this comic's creation myth involves The 'Stad seeing such a poster, deciding which Achewood character would get in such a situation and just running with it.
The man ran so far.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: aparrish on November 29, 2005, 01:14:03 pm
This must be the "suckin' dick" that bought the van.  The sexual overtones here.  They're freakin' me out.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Doc on November 29, 2005, 01:19:43 pm
If you recall Todd is illiterate and the license plate was (at least I assumed) a cruel prank from evil salesmen. Now we see that it was the final revenge of a dying (stalk? swallow? something...) bird.

But of course now I'm seeing the overtones, Todd wakes up, doesn't know where he is or what's going on, he is told he 'ate' a 'burrito' and then strangles a long necked bird until he gets a van.

Sorry to go through it in such a blatant way, I was just kind of running through it in my head since before now this hadn't even occured to me. Thanks Aparrish!
Anyone else care to add their intepretations?
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: MattFish on November 29, 2005, 01:32:19 pm
Todd is so cool that he kills a stork and it turns into a van.

This premise rocks me to my very core.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: misterqueue on November 29, 2005, 01:32:37 pm
This is totally in Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T Squirrel's head and only there.

Also no matter how much I see "You're the real thing asshole" it always makes me laugh.  (I believe it's appeared only once before, maybe twice but I can't be arsed to find it.)
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: V-Adore on November 29, 2005, 01:59:38 pm
I love the juxtaposition of epic imagery and Todd. Of course this is how Todd imagines he came to be; it involves feats of strength, volcanos, and burritos. What's not to love?
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: CortJstr on November 29, 2005, 02:06:25 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
This must be the "suckin' dick" that bought the van.  The sexual overtones here.  They're freakin' me out.

Ah, so the bird is actually Zeus! That horny bastard is always turning into wacky animals.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: mudokon on November 29, 2005, 03:18:32 pm
This was good. The panel with Todd yelling was good.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: wombat on November 29, 2005, 05:13:44 pm
Scary.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Thee on November 29, 2005, 05:50:20 pm
WHOOOOO AMMMMM I?
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on November 29, 2005, 06:05:42 pm
Did anyone else think of this (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0767819640.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) after reading "WHOOOOO AMMMMM I?" Jackie yells that at some point during that kick-ass movie.

Oh and that third to last panel really freaked me out. I'll never look at his van the same way again.

Over all I think it was a quality strip and I'm kinda hoping it will continue and not be a one off type thing going on. I want more todd.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: miles on November 29, 2005, 06:22:41 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
This must be the "suckin' dick" that bought the van.  The sexual overtones here.  They're freakin' me out.


If you remember (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04292002), apparently Todd didn't know that his frame said that.  I think it must be the bird's revenge on Todd.

So was Todd in the crater?  Or did the burrito turn into Todd?  Is that Mount St. Helens?
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on November 29, 2005, 06:46:28 pm
See now that's where I'm confused too. These are the scenarios running through my head: 1) the burrito hit Todd and he lost his memory (Ala "Who am I") 2) the burrito turned into Todd like maybe that volcano was like a really fast primordial soup or something(?) OR 3) Todd ate to burrito and it was poisonous so he lost his memory. I'm just as confused as the rest of you and I'm waiting patiently(but actually I'm antsy) for the next strip.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: CortJstr on November 29, 2005, 06:59:01 pm
Since it's an origin I assumed 2)
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Beatrice on November 29, 2005, 07:01:12 pm
I will think from here on that The Baby Stork dropped a Six Dollar Burrito in a Volcano and out came Todd.  Onstand already put the "END." on there so I think this is all we're gonna get here, people.  And I will also think from here on that Todd probably has no recollection of this great event.  This ain't his story.  Assholes don't reasons for the shit that they do.  But I did already suspect that Todd doesn't have a mother.

Lots of Love to the Achewood.  I wasn't feeling it for a while.  Even the Baby updates were losing me...
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: miles on November 29, 2005, 07:45:39 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Since it's an origin I assumed 2)


That was my assumption.  The bird was wrong when he accused Todd of eating the burrito.  Todd is the burrito, man.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: aparrish on November 29, 2005, 07:53:14 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "aparrish"
This must be the "suckin' dick" that bought the van.  The sexual overtones here.  They're freakin' me out.


If you remember (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04292002), apparently Todd didn't know that his frame said that.  I think it must be the bird's revenge on Todd.


Yeah, I think you're probably right.  It has all come full circle.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: AugustWest on November 29, 2005, 10:25:15 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Since it's an origin I assumed 2)


That was my assumption.  The bird was wrong when he accused Todd of eating the burrito.  Todd is the burrito, man.


I concur.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Factitious on November 29, 2005, 11:22:30 pm
Quote from: "miles"

If you remember (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04292002), apparently Todd didn't know that his frame said that.  I think it must be the bird's revenge on Todd.

So what's the significance of 7CFL485? Was that the bird's name?
Quote from: "miles"
Is that Mount St. Helens?

Doesn't look big enough.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: robot_god on November 29, 2005, 11:26:52 pm
God DAMNIT, Todd.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Golfhaus on November 29, 2005, 11:28:11 pm
To me, the eye of the bird turning into the back window of the van is the greatest thing about this comic. Also, the return of "You're the real thing." Although it makes me think of Coke each time.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: starlight on November 30, 2005, 03:10:56 am
The bird seems to be doing some origamic trick at the end... very symbolic.... of something.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 30, 2005, 02:38:16 pm
Bear in mind that this is a creation myth.  So it may or may not be canonical.  You should no more assume that the bird had anything to do with the Suckin' Dick license plate frame than you should assume the earth rests on the back of a giant turtle.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Hobot on November 30, 2005, 04:22:00 pm
This strip made little sense to me until I read everyone's comments; yes, the stork morphing into Todd's van is powerful awesome.  Good show.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: wombat on November 30, 2005, 05:24:30 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
than you should assume the earth rests on the back of a giant turtle.


You mean it doesn't?
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: CortJstr on November 30, 2005, 05:40:20 pm
Quote from: "Hobot"
This strip made little sense to me until I read everyone's comments;

I often have the opposite problem
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: Golfhaus on November 30, 2005, 09:41:32 pm
Everyone's comments make little sense until you read the strip?

I'm not real sure that's the best way to go about it.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: CortJstr on November 30, 2005, 10:03:19 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Everyone's comments make little sense until you read the strip?

I'm not real sure that's the best way to go about it.

No, that's the blogs that work that way.
Title: nov 29 "one hundred minutes later: f .. frick"
Post by: EgoSumNoah on November 30, 2005, 10:31:24 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "aparrish"
This must be the "suckin' dick" that bought the van.  The sexual overtones here.  They're freakin' me out.

Ah, so the bird is actually Zeus! That horny bastard is always turning into wacky animals.


Zeus's most famous/potent form was a swan, which impregnated Leda with Helen (subsequently of Troy). I know that because Yeats knew it. What Yeats didn't know was how Todd came to be.

I thought this strip was awesome as hell. Surprises: a) the thing in the stork's sack is a burrito and not a baby Todd, 2) the Todd was created in 100 minutes, d) Todd doesn't remember buying the van: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11212001. This happened just four years ago. And yet it deserves a creation myth in Todd's sweet/warped mind.