The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: nationwide on December 05, 2005, 12:05:14 pm

Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: nationwide on December 05, 2005, 12:05:14 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052005

It's like the Click Five to Cartilage Head's Joy Division. I guess. I know what the alt.text said, but maybe he shouldn't let the baby write comics for at least a couple more months.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: cellardoor on December 05, 2005, 12:21:33 pm
Ha ha, this made me laugh.
And then the alt-text secured the funny.
First person to say "filler" gets injected with AIDs!
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: yu-huang on December 05, 2005, 12:44:03 pm
filler!
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: jcreed on December 05, 2005, 01:37:21 pm
A lesser comic artist would have not noticed that for the shoes to appear correctly while running in the opposite direction, Ray must reattach them on the other side. Now that's attention to detail.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Doc on December 05, 2005, 01:39:14 pm
Quote from: "yu-huang"
filler!


If you make a post that has no content except to call the comic filler when you don't necessarily have that opinion but are just responding to someone else's threat and are presumably posting just for the sake of posting is your post still filler?

Damn I'm a hostile young man today.

I stared at a start new thread window for fully five minutes before I realised I had nothing to say about this comic that warranted a new thread. It made me laugh but only after I spent about a minute staring at it going 'what am I missing here?'

I do like the way Ray takes off the shoes then looks up, sees the audience still there and goes back to... whatever that is.

Would have liked it better without the alt-text, just because then thread title choosing would have been hell.

EDIT: OH God, they're not real shoes, holy shit I'm an idiot. I was wondering what the hell was going on.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: V-Adore on December 05, 2005, 01:49:27 pm
I assumed they were glowing shoes and had no idea WTF was happening in the fifth panel on. Now I am illuminated. Thanks, TOUAMB.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: jough on December 05, 2005, 01:57:39 pm
While this one isn't very funny or interesting, it's hard to fault the man for trying to do something different, because when you pull off something weird that doesn't have any dialogue, man, that's fuck*ng entertainment.

This isn't, but they can't all be gems.  I will look for my free entertainment elsewhere today, I guess.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: cellardoor on December 05, 2005, 02:40:57 pm
*injects yu-huang with AIDs*
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: side_show on December 05, 2005, 03:00:51 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
Quote from: "yu-huang"
filler!


If you make a post that has no content except to call the comic filler when you don't necessarily have that opinion but are just responding to someone else's threat and are presumably posting just for the sake of posting is your post still filler?

Damn I'm a hostile young man today.


Oh you're just a little off your game because you found out that if you and your buddy are in the presence of an agresssive homo, the homo will choose your buddy, not you.  Don't worry Doc, you're lips are dick-suckable too.

Anyway, I really liked the strip - it's the weirdness of it that I enjoy.  I like that Ray is all full of some sort of back story we don't know that involves panic - he looks so damn scared.

Didn't make me laugh, but did make me ponder.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: robot_god on December 05, 2005, 03:01:10 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
*injects yu-huang with AIDs*


Needle full of Hi-Five?
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: side_show on December 05, 2005, 03:03:25 pm
Quote from: "*****_god"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
*injects yu-huang with AIDs*


Needle full of Hi-Five?


How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?  *AD comes and sucker punches him in the gut*
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: CortJstr on December 05, 2005, 03:10:11 pm
I too thought Ray's shoes were glowing at first. I had to look at the rotating panels a couple times before I got it.

So is he on sentry duty or something?
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: aparrish on December 05, 2005, 03:35:04 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So is he on sentry duty or something?


Dude's only flauntin' his sick inkjet wingtips.  Lay off.

I enjoyed this strip immensely but it is only the latest to be categorized as It Would Be Unfortunate If This Was The First Achewood Strip A Person Saw.  (see also (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08252005))
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: misterqueue on December 05, 2005, 03:45:33 pm
It amused me, but in a chuckle-haha way.. not a way that makes me tingly in my #####.

It's very similar to Ray's antics with the Motorcycle (http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=07132004).
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: yu-huang on December 05, 2005, 03:59:34 pm
coconut rum, anyone? in-tra-ve-nous coconut rum!?
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: pubdoggy on December 05, 2005, 06:27:41 pm
Do we think Ray has a fully duplex printer to facilitate this shoe-reversal?

Of course he does, Beef probably sourced him the mostest all singing repro-ready bad boy.

All the gear and no idea.

I loved this.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Null on December 06, 2005, 04:07:02 am
This is perfect Ray.  

Man, (sssiiiip) I should print out pictures of my feet, and tape them to my feet, and (ssiiiip) have some pictues of me walking.  (Ssiiipp.)   It would be just like that Edward Mulhare guy.  (Ssiipp.)   People would look and say, Man, that is so true. (Sssiiiip.)    I really got the genius this time.

I can't wait for the box set.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: AugustWest on December 06, 2005, 04:51:52 am
Ray is split on green.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Bozack on December 06, 2005, 07:28:09 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ray is split on green.

The next time I get split on green, I swear I will film myself doing this, for your viewing enjoyment.

THIS I SWEAR.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Doc on December 06, 2005, 08:57:59 am
Quote from: "side_show"

Oh you're just a little off your game because you found out that if you and your buddy are in the presence of an agresssive homo, the homo will choose your buddy, not you.  Don't worry Doc, you're lips are dick-suckable too.


On the contrary Miss Show, the first time I went clubbing I was picked up by a dude while standing next to my (gay) buddy, his words were 'You look like you belong in an 80s movie' and they will haunt me for the rest of my days. To be fair though I was cheating, I had a fleshy bat over my lips.

Have to give props for the infusion of coconut rum idea, aids came from monkeys right? And don't monkeys eat coconuts? Maybe? I think cartoons may have been lying to me.

With all this aids flying around we should be able to stage the first online production of Rent soon.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: V-Adore on December 06, 2005, 02:18:59 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
Quote from: "side_show"

Oh you're just a little off your game because you found out that if you and your buddy are in the presence of an agresssive homo, the homo will choose your buddy, not you.  Don't worry Doc, you're lips are dick-suckable too.


On the contrary Miss Show, the first time I went clubbing I was picked up by a dude while standing next to my (gay) buddy, his words were 'You look like you belong in an 80s movie' and they will haunt me for the rest of my days. To be fair though I was cheating, I had a fleshy bat over my lips.

Wait, what? A bat?
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Hobot on December 06, 2005, 06:26:15 pm
This strip wasn't gold, in my opinion, but it did renew my appreciation for Achewood's visual artistry and attention to detail.  While it did not elicit a chuckle from me, it did prompt me to tip my proverbial cap at Onstad for his optics-related cleverness.


Speaking of "Rent," I have conceived of the best (most offensive) review ever: "Infectious!"
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Beatrice on December 06, 2005, 07:04:02 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ray is split on green.

The next time I get split on green, I swear I will film myself doing this, for your viewing enjoyment.

THIS I SWEAR.


Do you really?  Do you PROMISE?  I want to see it.  I KNOW you've been split recently, and it will happen again.  SOON.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: misterqueue on December 06, 2005, 07:27:17 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ray is split on green.

The next time I get split on green, I swear I will film myself doing this, for your viewing enjoyment.

THIS I SWEAR.


Do you PROMISE?


Such admonition from the lass who wouldn't let a simple piccie out without egregious photoshopping!  Oh irony you will be the death of me!
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Doc on December 06, 2005, 10:32:57 pm
I think Hobot wins this round. Though it lacks slightly since it would have been better in the original thread.

Bozack: Any chance of getting B split, then you could trick her into doing the shoe thing: Photographic evidence + Achewood re-enactment = Humiliation Bonus Points.
Title: written and directed by Ray: 12-5-2005
Post by: Bozack on December 07, 2005, 02:49:05 am
I'm buyin' tonight! I'll have to go to kinko's to print out the shoes, but  that's how I roll!
Maybe, if I email Onstad and ask real nice, he'll give me the Illustrator paths for the shoes.