The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on December 06, 2005, 02:32:34 pm

Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 06, 2005, 02:32:34 pm
Boy-band ensemble dancing plus Michael Jacksonesque moves: Check
Catchy but kind of retarded disco/house backing track: Check
Japanese rap without any consideration for microphone gain levels: Check
Puppets left over from Meet the Feebles: Check

Look, I'm not going to say they're doing the Cabbage Patch at the end, but I want to believe.

Commercial for Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3057550654128149687)
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: aparrish on December 06, 2005, 04:15:16 pm
Do they think their dancing is going to kill Ganon?

Come to think of it they might be on to something.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on December 06, 2005, 05:31:49 pm
hah...that's all I got, but it was entertaining. I have one question was Link played by a dude or a chick? I seriously couldn't tell.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 06, 2005, 05:51:57 pm
Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
hah...that's all I got, but it was entertaining. I have one question was Link played by a dude or a chick? I seriously couldn't tell.


Looks like a woman.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: V-Adore on December 06, 2005, 05:52:04 pm
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 06, 2005, 05:53:42 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.


It was the Super Nintendo version of Zelda. This is an old commercial.  

It's like Thriller, only with people in renaissance garb and monster gear dancing in a styrofoam dungeon. Sounds like some goth clubs I've seen.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: V-Adore on December 06, 2005, 05:55:28 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.


It was the Super Nintendo version of Zelda. This is an old commercial.

Yes, I caught that much, what with the big ol' "Super Famicom" logo and all. (The only parts of the rap I caught were "Zeruda no Densetsu" and "Supaa Famicon," which also get the points across. I was just saying that it was an effective commercial, is all.

Quote
It's like Thriller, only with people in renaissance garb and monster gear dancing in a styrofoam dungeon. Sounds like some goth clubs I've seen.

Hell, I've gone to that party.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 06, 2005, 07:59:19 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.


It was the Super Nintendo version of Zelda. This is an old commercial.

Yes, I caught that much, what with the big ol' "Super Famicom" logo and all. (The only parts of the rap I caught were "Zeruda no Densetsu" and "Supaa Famicon," which also get the points across. I was just saying that it was an effective commercial, is all.

Quote
It's like Thriller, only with people in renaissance garb and monster gear dancing in a styrofoam dungeon. Sounds like some goth clubs I've seen.

Hell, I've gone to that party.


Goth.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: antioch on December 06, 2005, 11:12:54 pm
Can "Zeruda no Densetsu" be taken to mean "Zelda's Fight" ?

Well, right now, I love this video more than my own life.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Ben-San on December 06, 2005, 11:39:44 pm
"Zelda no Densetsu" just means "Zelda's Legend" or "Legend of Zelda". It's a straightforward translation.

The commercial is awesome. I'm not sure what else I can say about it that wouldn't just be redundant.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: robot_roll_call on December 06, 2005, 11:40:22 pm
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: mudokon on December 06, 2005, 11:46:57 pm
That is a long commercial.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bozack on December 07, 2005, 12:30:29 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.


This is one of those cases where I'm not sure whether it is a guy or a girl, but I hope it's a girl, because I feel a slight sexual attraction to it.

All in all, this commercial is much better than the He-Man movie with Dolph Lundgren.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: miles on December 07, 2005, 03:05:59 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.


This is one of those cases where I'm not sure whether it is a guy or a girl, but I hope it's a girl, because I feel a slight sexual attraction to it.


And that it's over 18, too (at least I hope you think that).

Oh, and I like the commercial.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 07, 2005, 04:25:14 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.


This is one of those cases where I'm not sure whether it is a guy or a girl, but I hope it's a girl, because I feel a slight sexual attraction to it.

All in all, this commercial is much better than the He-Man movie with Dolph Lundgren.


It's a chick. I was totally hoping they would kiss when she gets the Princess out of the cage.

Damn.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: aparrish on December 07, 2005, 02:51:23 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this commercial was HOTT.

Seriously, I was up all night worrying about this.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bozack on December 07, 2005, 06:48:34 pm
When I first posted that, I looked back and was like, oh, man, nobody's gonna relate at all! I felt like some creepy hillbilly:
"Well, I don't rightly know what that is, but I sure mean to fuck it!"

Thank god I know you people.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: robot_roll_call on December 09, 2005, 06:49:58 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
When I first posted that, I looked back and was like, oh, man, nobody's gonna relate at all! I felt like some creepy hillbilly:
"Well, I don't rightly know what that is, but I sure mean to fuck it!"

Thank god I know you people.


I never said I was hot for Link, I was just wondering what Link's gender was.

p.s. I am hot for Link
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Golfhaus on December 09, 2005, 01:48:15 pm
You guys like Liv Tyler better in the pointy ears, admit it.

YOU LIKE LIV TYLER BETTER IN THE POINTY EARS.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: misterqueue on December 09, 2005, 01:51:26 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
You guys like Liv Tyler better in the pointy ears, admit it.

YOU LIKE LIV TYLER BETTER IN THE POINTY EARS.


You gotta admit she looks just like an angel. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07302003)

A scrumptious pointy eared angel.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: Bozack on December 09, 2005, 03:37:37 pm
My friend Craig's older brother was really into like elf porn. It was pretty creepy. We'd pull up the history on his browser and it would be like XXX ELVES OF MIDDLE EARTH or some creepy crap. He was REALLY into it, and this is a guy who, in all other ways, seemed like a really cool guy. So, ladies, keep it in mind- ANYONE could ask you to put on pointy ears. ANYONE.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: miles on December 09, 2005, 03:39:48 pm
I had no idea that something like Elf porn actually existed.  This changes everything.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: CortJstr on December 09, 2005, 04:22:21 pm
So. Do you, uh, have any URI's or anything. Just so that I can . . . block them.
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: miles on December 09, 2005, 04:31:38 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So. Do you, uh, have any URI's or anything. Just so that I can . . . block them.


I, uh...well I don't know how to put this, other than just to come right out with it.  I don't know what a URI is.  A little googling, and I think it may be some kind of internet identification?

A Uniform Resourse Identifier.  Thanks, wiki!

I meant something more a long the lines of I need to be even more extra careful in my internet porn searches from now on, because if I saw something like Bozack described, it could ruin porn and The Lord of the Rings for me, forever!
Title: WTF Nippon, Part 58
Post by: pmcd9 on December 09, 2005, 04:42:10 pm
Quote from: "miles"
I meant something more a long the lines of I need to be even more extra careful in my internet porn searches from now on, because if I saw something like Bozack described, it could ruin porn and The Lord of the Rings for me, forever!

If by "ruin" you mean make it even more awesome, i'd have to agree.

~Paul