The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: misterqueue on December 07, 2005, 01:21:53 pm
-
Just a note to say that Mr. Tom Waits is 56 today, so you know... have some bourbon while listening to Rain Dogs.
Or just get on with your daily life as you normally would, as is your wont.
-
Thanks for providing an excuse I mean a thoroughly sound reason for starting earlier today.
-
OK, Bozack and I just did shots. Tom Waits is the only person who could make me drink on the internet.
-
I'm also singing.
-
OK, Bozack and I just did shots. Tom Waits is the only person who could make me drink on the internet.
Exactly.. Tom Waits is the only person who I would write a post about Birthday-wise on the Internet... well, barring myself maybe (March 15th... gifts in the form of money and nubile young ladies please)...
So yeah... after work... it's Bourbon time for my main man Waits.
-
Sweet.
Although I wish we could stop him ageing.
-
I sure hope cachaça counts as bourbon-ey enough... not that it matters *now*, anyway, but
-
Hell no it doesn't.. dammit boy you're never gonna get the gravel voice with that claptrap.
Get thee to a crappy gas station and buy a fifth of Old Crow. Then when you've damaged your taste buds enough you've proven yourself worthy of the Knob Creek.
(Note: Back in college I was poor and actually drank Old Crow on a fairly regular basis. I was later heartened by the fact that William S Burroughs apparently loved the stuff, as if that made it better. I can say this though.. after about 6 months of regular Old Crow brain soakings later it tends to not taste so bad... strange, but true.)
-
My friends and I were split one time and watching a Star Search type program. It was muted while the Raindogs cd played through the stereo. We soon began laughing like crazy because the mannerisms and facial expressions of the performers on screen started mimicking Tom Waits' words exactly. On the instrumental part of "Cemetery Polka", a lone woman in the audience was shown laughing and clapping like crazy. It was perfect - too perfect. Our jubilance turned to fear, and we spent the rest of the night cuddled together on the couch, terrified.
-
I have a bottle of Fleischmann's Prefered blended whiskey lying around, so I took a swig of that. Now I should probably gather up some coffee grounds, roll it into a cig using old newsprint and smoke it since I usually don't have tobacco lying around. Too bad I shaved yesterday.
Next year for Tom Waits' birthday I'll probably fly to Hong Kong, Shanghai or Singapore, where I will pass out drunk and get kidnapped by pirates.
-
I have indeed pounded back some cheap bourbon as of right now.. and luckily I am off work tomorrow! WOoo HOO...
God's Away on Business is playing right now.. I have the whole discography queued up... am I insane? Quite likely, but for this reason I am not.
My typing is always impeccable.. even when drunken.
-
If anybody comes to pay me a visit, I'll take you to see where they make Old Crow. And Knob Creek.
Or Blanton's, Wild Turkey, Makers Mark, Jim Beam or what have you.
This offer does not apply to B or B. They can go see the Old Forester distillery on their own.
-
My typing is always impeccable.. even when drunken.
Quit gragging.
-
I had Knob Creek; andalucia had some sort of brandy crap, because she wasn't tough enough for the ol' Southern Comfort (my gay porno name, coincidentally). It ain't bourbon, but it's gettin' closer.
-
My typing is always impeccable.. even when drunken.
Quit gragging.
Sorry, I didn't mean to grag.. it just happens.. or wait.. is the present tense form gragg.
Furthermore, I have gotten even further plastered here people.. this is necessary.
And AW.. does that mean I can pay a visit AND get free bourbon.. cause.. man.. I'm totally there already.
-
Unfortunately, I don't think they're allowed to give out free samples. But I'm good for a round or two.
-
I had Knob Creek; andalucia had some sort of brandy crap, because she wasn't tough enough for the ol' Southern Comfort (my gay porno name, coincidentally). It ain't bourbon, but it's gettin' closer.
Look, they are approximately the same colour, start with the same letter, and are both foul. I do what I can with the contents of the pantry. It doesn't mean I love Tom Waits any less.
-
Will just listening to some Tom Waits be enough?
~Paul
-
Unfortunately, I don't think they're allowed to give out free samples. But I'm good for a round or two.
Well, shit dude. Again, could have known this before I was there.
Also, liqour stores were closed after work, and didn't have time on the way home from school. It's gonna have to be vodka. I am so sorry. But I will put on Rain Dogs as I try to sleep.
Edit: It's on, and it is good.
-
Yay... thank you all for celebrating with me by proxy.
And yes Paul, just listening was enough.
-
Exactly.. Tom Waits is the only person who I would write a post about Birthday-wise on the Internet... well, barring myself maybe (March 15th... gifts in the form of money and nubile young ladies please)...
I just happened to have an open bottle of bourbon handy, so I had some in honour of the old Rain Dog while listening of course to Rain Dogs (followed by Frank's Wild Years, which for one reason or another is my favourite of his).
Also, Mr. Q, you were born on the ides of March? Do people always tell you to "beware" and stuff?
-
Yes actually... when I was a kid I was obsessed with GMr. Wonderfuls Julius Caesar (True story).. so much so that I even dressed like him for halloween. (http://www.misterqueue.com/caesar.jpg)
Also, if I wasn't the cutest lil emporer ever I don't really know who was... except maybe Qin Shi Huangdi, first emporer of the Qin dynasty (http://www.chinapage.com/emperor/qin1003.html).