The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: yu-huang on December 08, 2005, 11:02:17 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12082005
A bit meh, this one. Liked the way the cat holds the pen against his lips, it's disturbingly coy for a mass murderer. Do you think Onstad draws the strip in Flash? Those lines look like Flash to me, which would explain why they run a bit awkward around difficult parts like fingers, for instance. I look at the drawings, I think: Not. Enough. Love.
-
hmm.
I look at achewood so that it will make me a little happy in the morning before school.
today, I think this test is telling me that I will fail my latin test, because I didn't stay up all night doing coke.
I think we should institute a "reading the achewood" policy-- when making any major decision, you open a random achewood comic and see what it tells you about your situation. it's an omen.
Yeah, so, I was going to delete this, but I think it's comedy gold. this is what happens when you try to be funny at 7:26.
-
.
I think we should institute a "reading the achewood" policy-- when making any major decision, you open a random achewood comic and see what it tells you about your situation. it's an omen.
I like this idea. Like the I Ching - it can't be any harder to interpret.
-
I think this strip tell me my jazz final will not bode well. I was listening to Bitches' Brew while I read it. That just made it weird. (and I guess that's all one can expect from Nice Pete?)
Good luck all you other students! If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA. It could be that much more suck! Or cathartic, depending.
-
Based on the last panel I guess that Beef works at KMPA now.
Ah, Sam Kineson. If anybody was going to be Al Bundy's guardian angel you knew it would be him.
-
Meh.. would've been better as an animation with sound and whatnot. The voice I have for Nice Pete doesn't work with the screamy OOOoOoooo comic. I mean I know once he just screamed for a solid 8 seconds (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11032003), but I took that to be just completely insensible OOoooorgh'ing.
I dunno man.. I just. don't. know.
-
I am strangely entranced by this side view of Nice Pete's face. I mean... whoa. It almost reminds me of Krazy Kat in a way I can't quite articulate.
The pen-in-mouth is also good. Really, the strip itself I don't care that much about here, but it's an excellent excuse for Onstad to draw a lot of interesting Nice Pete faces and mannerisms.
-
I think this strip tell me my jazz final will not bode well. I was listening to Bitches' Brew while I read it. That just made it weird. (and I guess that's all one can expect from Nice Pete?)
Good luck all you other students! If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA. It could be that much more suck! Or cathartic, depending.
The fuck is a Jazz final.
-
Good luck all you other students! If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA. It could be that much more suck! Or cathartic, depending.
Smooth Jazz class? You do realize you're in Elective Heaven. A class that encourages you to relax with a drink or two and enjoy a nice, soothing sax arrangement of your favorite 90's pop song, or Bacharach standard. The test is probably like, "did you hear that one part of that selection, there? Did it remind you of your childhood in a subtle, vaguely sensual way? Reflect on this while the professor serves the class chilled martinis and plays the sax for you."
-
Bitches Brew is NOT "smooth jazz" beyotch!
-
Based on the last panel I guess that Beef works at KMPA now.
NAILED IT. *bang!*
The FACT!...FACT!...FACT!... thing is perfect for Nice Pete. I guess because he is a serial killer I should not feel bad for him that he was dissed by a radio station. But he worked so hard!
-
Bitches Brew is NOT "smooth jazz" beyotch!
Yeah, for serious. I would fail you on a jazz final for that, personally. Mostly cause I'd rather be doing the kind of studying that involves listening to Miles Davis rather than the kind that involves rereading the Republic.
-
The funniest for me was seeing Mr. Cropes strangling *air* as he immersed himself in the role he was playing, during his FACT! FACT! FACT! outburst. *Assertion*, my friends, that's how you do it. Too bad he wasn't trying for a role where he could actually be seen.
-
More like, good thing he wasn't trying for a role where he could actually be seen. He was fugued-out in his psychotic interperetation. Dude needs to go jogging or something.
Fact! Bitch's Brew is not smooth jazz.
Fact! Ken Burns' jazz collections sometimes show a bias to bebop!
Fact! *clutching air and sweating* THE BLUE NOTE IS WHEN THE SAXAPHONE MAN'S SOUL TURNS TO NIGHT!
Now the test will be aced!
-
I think this strip tell me my jazz final will not bode well. I was listening to Bitches' Brew while I read it. That just made it weird. (and I guess that's all one can expect from Nice Pete?)
Good luck all you other students! If you feel failure approaching, imagine how much worse it would be if you acted on your not so deeply seated desires and punched your professor in the face for making a test covering Smooth Jazz have an effect on your GPA. It could be that much more suck! Or cathartic, depending.
I think my jazz professor respected himself more than that when I took my jazz history class.
I can't tell if kenny G is actually worse than a business law final where the professor says, "There are some real motherfuckers on this one." No, Kenny G is worse. That fuck*ng pantywaist.
-
Fact! Ken Burns' jazz collections sometimes show a bias to bebop!
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
-
You must be careful with this sort of thing people. Don't learn the hard way, like I did: Jazzercise actually has very little to do with jazz.
-
I'm going to buy a sax the day after I take a viral pathology final next friday, and my semester comes to a close. Tenor. I've never even held a saxophone before.
Nice Pete was auditioning for voice acting. This strip was worth it.
-
Fact! Ken Burns' jazz collections sometimes show a bias to bebop!
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
No way man, it's just a Fact! is all. Bebop is deffinitely my prefered genre of jazz. And Cool Jazz is also very, er, below average temperature...
-
Fact! Ken Burns' jazz collections sometimes show a bias to bebop!
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
No way man, it's just a Fact! is all. Bebop is deffinitely my prefered genre of jazz. And Cool Jazz is also very, er, below average temperature...
Well ok then. I was beginning to think that you were split on green... or maybe that you weren't split on green. Or something.
-
When I read this strip, I envisioned Nice Pete doing one-armed push-ups while the voice of Sam Kinison on the television says, "'I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose,'" and "You do push-ups 'like old people fuck.'"
-
maybe it's just me, but if I was going to prescribe a routine for Nice Pete it would be more meth and bill hicks. that's how i see him going.
-
It may just be me, but there is a definite camp-ness to Nice Pete in the first 4 panels. Tight vest, hairy chest, the way he playfully rolls the tip of his bic around his mouth. Pete noticed a stranger approach and replaced the handset slowly. "How did you get in?" he said, his attempt at anger barely masking his nervous excitement. "You left the door unlocked," whispered the stranger, "like you always do..."
You know what I mean? Of course if Nice Pete were here now, I'd probably tell him summat diff'rent.
-
In an interview, Onstad said he draws the strip using Adobe Illustrator.