The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: yu-huang on December 09, 2005, 02:17:21 pm

Title: StumbleUpon
Post by: yu-huang on December 09, 2005, 02:17:21 pm
Anyone using it? It's great: http://stumbleupon.com.

It's both a toolbar for your browser and a personal page, where you can display your fave pics and websites. As you go surfing and tagging your favorite stuff  into appropriate categories, you help creating a database that feeds this little button on your browser. Whenever you click it, it fetches and displays a fresh website from said database, according to your subjects of interest. Kinda like zapping through infinite TV channels.

My page there is http://yu-huang.stumbleupon.com (my last entry there was actually stolen from the Achewood Forum - Beatrice's post about the Poe Toaster).
Title: StumbleUpon
Post by: jough on December 09, 2005, 05:47:29 pm
Yeah, I get a few hundred hits a month from people submitting my sites to Stumbleupon.  I guess it's nice to be listed, but really, I have a hard enough time keeping up with links people post here (and at Waxy.org) so I don't see the need to have more random shit showing up in my browser.  Especially since when I'm not doing work I'm not getting paid.
Title: StumbleUpon
Post by: yu-huang on December 09, 2005, 06:29:55 pm
You so hardcore on your internet, dude. You shoot your gun and your internet be dancing. Internet be all etc.
Title: StumbleUpon
Post by: andalucia on December 09, 2005, 06:42:21 pm
Yes, I like how it shows me nice things for to look at, but I got a little weirded out by it when I started getting "reviewed"
http://an-daluci-a.stumbleupon.com/
Title: StumbleUpon
Post by: Doc on December 10, 2005, 01:30:06 pm
I used that for a little bit but I just didn't really like the sites that other people liked. I guess I'm an old stick in the mud, to set in my ways to change, not having any truck with your new fangled 'eljays' or MySpace pages.