The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 11, 2005, 02:41:05 am

Title: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: AugustWest on December 11, 2005, 02:41:05 am
One of the funniest, if not the funniest, people of our time has gone.

He had my eternal gratitude for co-writing Blazing Saddles.  But he did so much more, from his standup, to his work on SNL, to his great buddy movies with Gene Wilder.

I hope you're getting some pussy in heaven, Richard.
Title: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: miles on December 11, 2005, 07:21:36 am
It's weird, because I saw him on TV the other night and he looked horrible.  I thought that it was amazing he was still alive.  Rest in peace.
Title: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: Lister on December 11, 2005, 09:25:56 pm
Words can not express how fearless he was.

At least he was appreciated in the second chance he got at life.
Title: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: Golfhaus on December 11, 2005, 10:21:58 pm
Fucker set himself on fire while freebasing cocaine, AND WORKED IT INTO HIS COMEDY ACT.

Now THAT'S genius right there.
Title: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: Doc on December 11, 2005, 10:47:08 pm
He co-wrote blazing saddles? Damn I never knew that.
Title: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: misterqueue on December 12, 2005, 12:06:57 am
I'm smokin' rocks out of a lightbulb for him right now.

Not really, but he was a charlatan and a hero, and neither side would've been as good without the other.
Title: Re: RIP Richard Pyror
Post by: Schkura on December 18, 2005, 03:07:32 pm
"When I was in Africa, this voice came to me and said, "Richard, what do you see?" I said, I see all types of people." The voice said, "But do you see any niggers?" I said, "No." It said, "Do you know why? 'Cause there aren't any."
                                                                         -Richard Pryor
                                                                         Live on the Sunset Strip

He's been missed for a lot longer than a week now.  Rest in Peace, my man.  Anyone remember his last movie?

Lost Highway  ;)