The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: beanmom on December 12, 2005, 01:46:32 pm

Title: My dream date with Onstad
Post by: beanmom on December 12, 2005, 01:46:32 pm
So, um, yeah.  I dreamed last night that I won some sort of "Dinner with the Stars" thing and so I was going to eat with Onstad.  We were supposed to go to the York Fair (http://www.yorkfair.org/ -- my family goes every year) but then we ended up going to his house, which was right at the fair the way a beach house is right by the boardwalk.

He showed me around his house, which was very nice if a tad labyrinthine.  Onstad himself was nondescript in that dream-person sort of way, but he was several inches shorter than me. I noticed this because he had wine glasses and stuff hanging from the ceiling in his kitchen and they were all hung so low that I had to duck to walk under them.

He cooked dinner, but he kept dishing out plates of really delicious-looking food (I particularly remember some red-beans-and-rice stuff that smelled great) and then laying them out on tables in other rooms but never offering me any (and I was too polite to take without being offered).

We ended up around a big round table with a lot of people I didn't know.  Everyone was having very interesting conversation and eating cake for dessert (but I wasn't eating any because I hadn't had any dinner and, again, too polite to ask for some).

Suddenly I had to go out to my car to get a diaper for my daughter (who was, in real life, sleeping with me and didn't have a diaper on, so I was subconscioudly anxious about getting peed on).  When I got out to where my car was, it had been stolen, which upset me so much that I woke myself up.

 :lol:
Title: My dream date with Onstad
Post by: jough on December 12, 2005, 04:09:13 pm
Awesome (http://www.psych.org/).

I think there was a "My Dinner with Onstad" thread a year or so ago, but I am far too lazy to Jstr it to find out.
Title: My dream date with Onstad
Post by: misterqueue on December 12, 2005, 04:14:40 pm
Actually it was more recent even than a year ago. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2219&highlight=dinner+onstad)

Just sayin...
Title: My dream date with Onstad
Post by: pmcd9 on December 12, 2005, 05:41:23 pm
We also had a dream thread, but this isn't a 'Date with Onstad' or a 'dream' thread, it's a 'Dream Date with Onstad' thread.

Carry On Beaner.

~Paul
Title: My dream date with Onstad
Post by: jough on December 12, 2005, 09:26:53 pm
Quote from: "misterqueue"
Actually it was more recent even than a year ago. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2219&highlight=dinner+onstad)


Nah, the one I'm thinking of is from a year and a half ago or so, and was about what you'd do if you met Chris Onstad.  I think the general concensus was "who the hell wants to meet chris onstad?"