The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Faze on December 16, 2005, 09:35:41 am

Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Faze on December 16, 2005, 09:35:41 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12162005

Oh my gosh it is the New Beef (TM)

So many great lines.

Retract.


P.S. Hi!
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: oball on December 16, 2005, 11:41:08 am
Yes, but does Marcellus Wallace park like a bitch?
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: mrchee on December 16, 2005, 12:17:00 pm
Quote from: "oball"
Yes, but does Marcellus Wallace park like a bitch?



w-wwhat?

"I said, does he park like a bitch?
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: sam_spade on December 16, 2005, 01:06:37 pm
Ray is French?

Seems pretty filler to me. QuickShip(TM) items don't quick ship themselves, you know.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Factitious on December 16, 2005, 01:32:01 pm
I like the way Mr. Wizard is identified with a naive attitude toward diabetes. This sort of slice-of-life humor is one of the main strengths of Achewood. Not filler at all.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: MattFish on December 16, 2005, 01:36:35 pm
It kind of took a nose-dive at the end, but I do like the idea of Beef going off and saying this like "bitchy-bitch bitch-bitch". Also "in the manner of pie" needs to be something I say even occasionally.

first one to type "bith" in this thread by accident loses.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Golfhaus on December 16, 2005, 02:14:06 pm
My girlfriend and I have a similar parking discrepancy. We drive longer cars (a Sebring and a Stratus), so zipping into a tight parking space can be an adventure. I tend to do the sensible thing and park in parking spaces that are easier to get in and out of, but might be an extra 100, 125 feet from the door than a space I'm gonna have to fight over. Sara usually chastises me for this act of "now-we-have-to-walk-farther"ism. But you know what, I'm getting fat, and she's complaining about putting weight on, so the extra steps are probably better for us anyway.

I would rather walk the extra few steps than park like a bitchy-bitch bitch-bitch.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: CortJstr on December 16, 2005, 02:22:08 pm
I will park in front of another store entirely if there's a pull-through.

Today was funny at first until I realized that he wasn't goint to mix it up at all and we were just getting nothing but bitches.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AugustWest on December 16, 2005, 02:28:15 pm
Retract.  Retract.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Faze on December 16, 2005, 03:06:06 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Today was funny at first until I realized that he wasn't goint to mix it up at all and we were just getting nothing but bitches.


That is because New Beef is driving it home.

The dude has got NO MERCY!
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Emergent_C on December 16, 2005, 03:07:51 pm
Christmas shopping with my mom is made delightful by the lovely little handicapped tag a-hangin' from her rearview mirror. We park like super-mega-rockstar-bitches, all up in the first row at the mall and shit, yo.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: wombat on December 16, 2005, 03:20:16 pm
No, no, no.  The thread title is "The main bitch in all the land."
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 16, 2005, 05:19:09 pm
I guess those mood-improving lights they have at Costco work.

If this is filler as one suggested, it's some of the better filler ever although as Cort points out, there's a singular fixation on the bitchy-bitch theme.

I like it. I like when Beef brings the wicked sack.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: arlucasinc on December 16, 2005, 05:20:57 pm
Quote from: "sam_spade"
Seems pretty filler to me. QuickShip(TM) items don't quick ship themselves, you know.


If, by filler, you mean that it's not part of a story arc, well, I mean, there's no shame in that, is there?

I'll take a good one-off any day.

I do, however, appreciate the chance to use, at the drop of a hat, as many commas as possible in a sentence.

Okay. Maybe there was gratuitious use of appositives in that last one.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 16, 2005, 05:57:34 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It kind of took a nose-dive at the end.


Yeah, on the whole it is decent, but I don't remember one of these strips completely puttering out like that.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Polka on December 16, 2005, 06:19:31 pm
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/ultamax2002/bitchgiraffe.jpg)

BITCH
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Null on December 16, 2005, 06:20:33 pm
I liked it, the phrasing and such was very good.  And I liked Beef standing up against Ray's massive self-image.

One supposes it could be seen as "filler" as some have noted.  One also imagines how those same some would react if it were another Philippe Times Friday.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Roger on December 16, 2005, 06:55:39 pm
13 "bitch" in a single strip (14 if you count the alt text). That's got to be a record.
Extra credits to Onstad for not using "byatch". That's getting tiresome.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: antioch on December 16, 2005, 07:07:01 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I like when Beef brings the wicked sack.


 This is the main thing, I think. The previous strip had Beef edging closer to giving it to Ray. And today, we have a total moment of retribution against Ray's self-centered rants.

 I think the strip has a nice arch in the dialog. There was alot o' bitchin' and inertness, but panel 6 is the junction between more of Ray soapboxing his diabetes woes and Beef saying "NO MORE!". But the true gold here is panel 2. If I were not so deeply preoccupied I would utter such as laughter.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: V-Adore on December 16, 2005, 07:20:56 pm
Yeah, it's a little repetitive, but on the other hand it's actually funny, so, y'know, I can accept repetition. The implication that guys would be checking Ray out in the parking lot due to his parking style is funny as hell.

Also: Retract!
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: sam_spade on December 16, 2005, 07:57:05 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
If this is filler as one suggested, ...


It's just so talking heads. So much art reuse/template abuse. All this talk and no action. Retract? Meh, 3/10.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: robot_god on December 16, 2005, 09:04:32 pm
I ain't park like a bitch!
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 16, 2005, 11:02:00 pm
Quote from: "Roger"
13 "bitch" in a single strip (14 if you count the alt text). That's got to be a record.
Extra credits to Onstad for not using "byatch". That's getting tiresome.


Hey Bob! Your c*ck looks great today! (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88bnudebeach.phtml)
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: CortJstr on December 16, 2005, 11:18:29 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Roger"
13 "bitch" in a single strip (14 if you count the alt text). That's got to be a record.
Extra credits to Onstad for not using "byatch". That's getting tiresome.

Hey Bob! Your c*ck looks great today! (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88bnudebeach.phtml)

Is it sad that I understood your point exactly without the link?
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 16, 2005, 11:46:42 pm
Not at all - I think the most awesome people will get the reference. But I thought some would like to refresh their memory on a seminal (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=seminal) (heh heh) point in television comedy.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on December 17, 2005, 02:04:22 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
seminal (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=seminal)


wow that is the html equivalent of jabbing us sharply in the ribs and winking while you said that
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on December 17, 2005, 02:06:55 am
oh, and hilarious comic today :chink: :dunce:  :heybaby:
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: andalucia on December 17, 2005, 03:43:09 am
Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
oh, and hilarious comic today :chink: :dunce:  :heybaby:


So, um if you look at that first emoticon in quote/edit, it appears that the code for it is "chink".  Basically I have a couple of issues with this.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: jough on December 17, 2005, 05:03:00 am
Is that not how you spell the familiar of "chinaman"?

I don't get you people sometimes.

:chink:
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 17, 2005, 05:55:09 am
Asian-American. Geez, Dude, it's Asian-American. Try to be more sensitive.


Edited to correctly attribute the quote, thanks Noah
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Ben-San on December 17, 2005, 07:00:22 am
I am offended by the gratuitous and inexplicable selection of :)s utilized. It is meaningless unless "Chinaman-Dunce/Wizard Guy-Leering Guy With Huge Eyebrows" is a rebus I cannot decode.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Factitious on December 17, 2005, 10:49:44 am
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Quote from: "sam_spade"
Seems pretty filler to me. QuickShip(TM) items don't quick ship themselves, you know.


If, by filler, you mean that it's not part of a story arc, well, I mean, there's no shame in that, is there?


It wasn't even filler by that definition. This is clearly part of the diabetes story arc.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Bozack on December 17, 2005, 10:29:25 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
But you know what, I'm getting fat, and she's complaining about putting weight on, so the extra steps are probably better for us anyway.


That was an ingenious way of getting your point across (we both could use some walkin!) while leaving it up to the readers discretion as to whether or not your ladyfriend has actually gained weight; after all, she could be just saying that! Women! Do you write press releases, dude?

Quote from: "andalucia"
So, um if you look at that first emoticon in quote/edit, it appears that the code for it is "chink". Basically I have a couple of issues with this.


This statement made me LOL, as well as ROFL. Also, while I was reading it, "Hong Kong," by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, came on. In the song, Hawkins "speaks" Chinese, in the way that you claim to speak Russian as a child- he basically yells random syllables, although at one point he shouts, "EGG FOO YOUNG! CHICKEN CHOW MEIN!"
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Noah on December 17, 2005, 11:52:24 pm
roast beef has become fat !
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Noah on December 17, 2005, 11:55:23 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Asian-American. Geez, Walter, it's Asian-American.


no, man. walter is the one who tells that to the dude. it wouldn't be nearly as funny if he was the one it was being told to.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 18, 2005, 12:35:09 am
Oh, he's right. I'll edit.
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: Golfhaus on December 18, 2005, 12:57:42 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
But you know what, I'm getting fat, and she's complaining about putting weight on, so the extra steps are probably better for us anyway.


That was an ingenious way of getting your point across (we both could use some walkin!) while leaving it up to the readers discretion as to whether or not your ladyfriend has actually gained weight; after all, she could be just saying that! Women! Do you write press releases, dude?


I have, in fact, taken a class on this, am returning to college to get a degree in this, and am hoping to get a job in a field similar to this. If I end up in a job actually DOING this, hey, as long as they bring the cash. It's a harder field to outsource than a lot of positions out there, I reckon, unless a company WANTS to see its daily corporate communication displayed on sites like engrish.com.

(and I almost let this post go with the "its" in the last sentence as "it's." I imagine I would have never lived that down, under the circumstances)
Title: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: wombat on December 18, 2005, 01:42:36 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
oh, and hilarious comic today :chink: :dunce:  :heybaby:


So, um if you look at that first emoticon in quote/edit, it appears that the code for it is "chink".  Basically I have a couple of issues with this.


What's much more disturbing is that the third one is not 'Groucho.'
Title: Re: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: antioch on December 18, 2005, 06:32:50 pm

Quote from: andalucia
So, um if you look at that first emoticon in quote/edit, it appears that the code for it is "chink". Basically I have a couple of issues with this.
Quote from: bozak
This statement made me LOL, as well as ROFL. Also, while I was reading it, "Hong Kong," by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, came on. In the song, Hawkins "speaks" Chinese, in the way that you claim to speak Russian as a child- he basically yells random syllables, although at one point he shouts, "EGG FOO YOUNG! CHICKEN CHOW MEIN!"

More cosmic coincidence linked to you, 'zack. +1 K! You'll be on your way to a boost in Constitution† in no time (and maybe even get that new spell you've been oogling)!

†References like this will be made for...awhile.
Also: Spell check, hell yes! Now if only we had a malaprop check. :(
Title: Re: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on December 18, 2005, 10:39:32 pm
i love how it looks, now, that i was just typing out dunce and chink for no reason

i love that it is that
Title: Re: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on December 19, 2005, 04:58:04 am
p.s., what's this -1 karma bull
Title: Re: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 19, 2005, 06:33:47 am
Complaining probably won't help there, rumpy.
Title: Re: 12-16-05 Just a bitchy-bitch bitch man
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on December 20, 2005, 08:49:53 am
yeah, i was probably complaining about that